There are many digital tutorials out there, but not many for digital MASKING.
The ICONS and MENU ITEMS should be similar whether they are in WINDOWS, MAC or LINUX. Few tutorials are specifically for Apple Products.
However, even if you do not have an Apple product, I hope this MASKING TUTORIAL will be of benefit to you.
5. Open one of the duplicate images. Click on the EDIT option. See steps 5a-5g. (Saving as .PNG allows for a transparent background).
- Streamers on My Besties Swinging St. Patrick's Day Party
- Hearts on My Besties (ground and sentiment)
- Additional Flora and Fauna on Aquamarine Tides image.
- Final appearance of SNS Nesting Bird card.
- My Besties Swinging on Beccy Muir's Pretty Blossom Branch. (branch repositioned and flowers cropped out and pasted all over image)
Note1: Creating .PNG files with OSX: Apple uses PREVIEW to open items in jpg. Open your jpg using PREVIEW then click on FILE. It has a SAVE option. Click on OPTION (next to the COMMAND KEY) and FILE at the same time and a different pull down menu appears with a SAVE AS option showing up. click on the pull down menu and choose PNG.
Note2: Creating transparent PNG files with OSX: (basically shown in the steps above) Another way is to duplicate your jpg. Then open the DUPLICATED FILE. PREVIEW opens it. across the top of the document are icons. Go all the way to the right (next to the search field). There is a crayon. Click on it and a menu appears in a new gray bar under it. All the way to the left is a square with dots around it. click there and choose the lasso. Carefully crop the section you want. When it is done, it will actually suggest saving it as a PNG and you will type OK.
Sparkle N Sprinkle Nesting Bird Image is available:
in rubber here.
Digital Stamping Hugs,