It's time for a brand new Back to Basics and Beyond Challenge!
My inky rendition depicts that period of time just after dusk. I can hear softly hooting owls in the trees talking to one another, the chirping of happy insects announcing the full moon, croaking toads and frogs in search of goodies, and perhaps even some "night owls" doing their crafting!
After die cutting a circle and placing it on top of the owl mask, I used distress inks in Black Soot, Blueprint, and Stormy Sky to create a night sky.
(if you are reading this on my personal blog, click on the photos to enlarge)
- Applied Super Adhesive Sheet to black cardstock, leaving "rough" protective layer in place.
- After die cutting shape, I removed the protective layer and burnished in Black Diamond Microfine Glitter. (if you prefer, use black glittery EP instead)
- I distressed with VersaMark Ink here and there and applied Fleur de Lis Chunky Opaque embossing powder. After the fact and Because I'd forgotten how golden it is, I added a bit of Super Thick Black embossing powder on top of the Fleur de Lis color, to tone down the gold. Glittery Radiant Moss Green embossing powder was also used in the distressing process. Heat a little at a time so it does not melt the super adhesive sheet.
- I die cut some white fun foam in the same shape, and edged it with a black Sharpie marker. The black frame was then adhered to the fun foam for dimension, using 1/4" Double Sided Tear-ific Tape.
The sentiment was stamped with Nocturne VersaFine Clair and heat set with Black Detail embossing powder. It was distressed with the same colors as the sky background.
- Sparkle N Sprinkle "The Great Horned Owl #912" digital and rubber sets)
- Black Diamond Microfine Glitter GM2046 (frame)
- Fleur de Lis Chunky Opaque embossing powder EP465 (great for distressing)
- Super Thick Black embossing powder EP461 (ultra glossy)
- Radiant Moss Green embossing powder EP 271 (used on leaves and for distressing around the frame)
- Black Detail embossing powder EP171 (sentiment)
- Super Adhesive Sheets (for frame holding glitter)
- Inks: VersaMark Ink, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Black Soot Oxide, Stormy Cloud And Blueprint Distress inks
- Tonic Layering Dies Circles
- 1/4" Double Sided Tear-ific Tape (adhering frame to fun foam, and foam to card base)
- Copic Markers
- Fun Foam (to make dimension for frame)
- Spellbinders Labels Four (for shaped frame)
- Copper Feathers Handmade paper
Challenges I'd like to participate in please:
- Tuesday Throwdown #410 Add Some Texture (background paper, layers of glitter and embossing powders) 9/25
- Always Fun Challenges #76 Fall Colors 9/24
- Pammie's Inky Pinkies #1837 Anything Goes 9/24
- Crafty Cardmakers #218 Autumn Colors (C15) 10/2
- International Art and Soul #42 Nature 10/1
- Crafty Animals #18 Anything Goes with an Animal 10/1
- Crafty Gals Corner #174 "3 or more layers" (6 layers of paper plus the frame which also has a die cut piece of fun foam under it) 9/26
- Crafty Girls Creations #50 AG 10/1
- Morgans Artworld Open Challenge #9 AG 10/1
- World Wide Open DT Challenge #9 AG DT 10/15 (used special effects in frame and paper)