Hopefully you are enjoying these sweet Lavinia World images at least half as much as I am in using them. They make everything all better. I used to think glitter and butterflies covered up all boo-boos in crafting. These darling little fairies have convinced me THEY are the answer to all boo-boos!
With that... it is time for a new Lavinia World Challenge!
Every second Thursday a new Anything-Goes challenge will be posted with chances to win a $15 gift certificate to the store, and badges for your blog. Use ANY clear or rubber stamp - no digitals. If your project features Lavinia World stamps, your chances to win double.
it was the fairies?
(it's always comforting to blame boo-boos on someone or some THING else)
Here are the fantastic Lavinia World products in my hijack...
I mean... in my project:
Using a ruler and Sakura Quickie Glue Pen, I heat set White Detail embossing powder to create a frame. The fairies and "Dream" were stamped with VersaFine Clair Verdant Ink and heat set with White Detail embossing powder.
Inside, a stencil was used with Embellishment Mousse to create Moon Beams. A glue pen covered the beams to adhere white microfine glitter.
The glue pen also was applied around the fairy's lantern, on the little heart, and in some of the details of the house, with more white and burgundy glitter applied. The grasses are coated with green glitter, and shadowed with a Tombow marker.
Tip: I use the VersaFine Clair inks because their ink produces fine, well-covered images. Opaque embossing powders coat the ink so you cannot see through it.
Here are my blunders and how they were remedied:
Blunder Number One:
Here in central rural Florida, we enjoy beautiful night skies, with a bright moon illuminating the pastures and woods until it is just a crescent moon. It's pure magic seeing moon beams caress our sky and filter thought the trees. But when trying to capture that look with a Sun Ray stencil and embellishment mousse, I should have been a bit less vibrant with the application of color. The result was hideous, so I devised using a sentiment instead, with moon beams shining from the sweet saying.
Blunder Number Two:
Forgetting to add the pale green layer to the card front while planning my design.
To remedy it, a ruler and Sakura Quickie Glue Pen came to my rescue, heat set with White Detail embossing powder, to create a frame for interest. Embellishment Mousse was smooshed around the outside edge.
Blunder Number Three:
Because the mousse was applied in a light-handed fashion, lots of unwanted texture resulted - so white microfine glitter was applied to the beams, around the fairy lantern and verse layer, and even in parts of the house design.
Blunder Number Four:
Carefully deciding to add glittered grass to the front of the card, and then wanting to add a fairy and flowers which should have been added first:
Now that you know about the blunders, and how they hijacked what I **THOUGHT** I wanted to do, don't forget to add your ANYTHING GOES card to the challenge! Remember - the only rule is to use a rubber stamp or a clear stamp (no digitals).
Wishing you a great day!
- Lavinia World Freya's House
- Lavinia World Silver Lining
- Lavinia World Flowers Miniature
- Lavinia World Fairy Foragers
- Lavinia World Deeper than the Ocean
- VersaFine Clair Verdant Ink
- VersaFine Clair Glamorous Ink
- Embossing Powder: White Detail, Burgundy Cosmic,
- Microfine Glitter: Cloud 9, Burgundy
- Dies: SB Grand Circles, SB Grand Statele Circles, SW Pierced Circles, SB Labels Five, Poppy Stamps Grassland Border, Imp Obsession Grass, IO Cattails and Dragonflies
- Nuvo Embellishment Mousse (moon beams)
- Tombow Green 228 for shading
- MFT Sun Ray Stencil (for moon beams)
Challenges I'd like to play in please:
- ScrapyLand Challenges #116 AG SL Dies 7/3 (please see list of dies above)
- World Wide Open DT Challenge #6 AG DT related 7/15
- Crafty Friends Challenge #112 Fairies and Fantasy 6/28
- 2 Sisters on the Blog #28 Things With Wings 6/30
- Sweet Stampers #33 Anything Goes 7/7 (sep post)
- Classic DT Open Challenge #6 AG DT related 7/1
- Fairy and Unicorn Challenge (June) Fantasy 7/1
- Crafting with an Attitude (#52) Anything Goes 7/1
- Aud Sentiments #229 Anything Goes + a Sentiment (I have one front and with scene) 6/25