Hope this finds you well, and enjoying life.
I had a very difficult time photographing today's project, but hopefully you'll be able to see what I did.
The little Fairy Forager was stamped with Blue Belle Versafine Clair ink and heat set with clear detail embossing powder. Stamped on a little piece of left over background paper and loosely fussy cut, the fairy was placed on the slant, as though she is resting on the copper twine.
The Feather, stamped in Warm Breeze Versafine Clair ink, was stamped once on turquoise vellum, and once on plain vellum, heat set with white detail powder containing glitter, and clear detail powder. The detail is extraordinary, and I apologize for the poor photography, unable to capture the crisp embossed images.
The vellum (with heat set feathers) is actually shiny and glistening, but when I photographed them, the camera picked up more shine than detail. Feathers were die cut from the blue mirror cardstock, and the copper glossy cardstock - each providing a complementary texture.
This photo was taken in the dark, without lights and no flash on the camera, to better show the stamp details:
The sentiment is PoppyStamps Fairy Loose Script, and was cut once from the blue mirror CS and once from white cardstock to help show it off. The "wings" portion was computer generated and lined with White Galaxy Opaque Marker.
I learned a lot making this project because it was full of new-to-me ingredients, and many unused items from my stash! Because I kept dropping things during my creative process, I deliberately adhered the framed panel on an angle:
Thanks for visiting! Hope I didn't write too much, but I also wanted to convey what was done to each layer.
Wishing you a lovely week-end, and many happy fairy days ahead!
Remember! ANY brand rubber or clear stamp is acceptable in the challenge, so hop on over and play!
- Lavinia World Feather,
- Lavinia World Fairy Foragers
- Ken Oliver Liquid Metals, Colorburst Powders
- Inks: assorted Distress Inks and Oxides including Wilted Violet Distress Oxide, Warm Breeze and Blue Belle Versafine Clair inks
- Dies: SB "Feathers" S4-428, SB Grand Labels 23, PoppyStamps Fairy Loose Script
- Embossing Powders: Clear Detail, White detail with glitter
- Papers: Turquoise Vellum, White Vellum, Royal Blue Mirror, Copper Glossy, Copper cardstock (and white cardstock for the background)
- Misc: Copper ribbons and twine - Computer generated "wings" word.
- Joy of Sets Tic Tac Toe (JOSTTT007) Last Column Copper Twine--Die Cut--Heat Embossing 8/3
- Die Cuttin' Divas #429 Embossing Heat or Dry (dry embossed both SB feathers, heat embossed the two stamped feathers and the stamped fairy) 7/23 bottom of post
- Creative Fingers Challenge #168 Anything Goes 8/12 (check chal 170)
- Creative Crafters #17 Anything Goes 8/15
- A Perfect Time to Craft #7 Anything Goes 8/1
- ScrapyLand Challenge #117 Anything Goes SL dies (SB and PS listed above) 8/1
- World Wide Open DT Challenge #7 AG DT 8/15
- Dragonfly Dreams Challenge (July 7) Things With Wings 8/7