Whew! Just one month before the end of 2017. Is it possible? We are again enjoying the typical Florida "Autumn" weather, that many of my northeastern friends in Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine would consider to be summer.
I'm happy to share:
Today begins a challenge #45 at the Merry Christmas Challenge Group!
The theme is always ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES. This can include any type of crafting at all, so work on those decorations, tags, wreaths, sweaters, gifts, cards -- Anything Christmas Goes! Every week begins a new challenge.
I'm somewhat discouraged with the newer cameras - they capture every flaw and little particles of light that the human eye cannot see. So these photos were taken in two places.
One has artificial light (where the camera captures no sparkle), and the other is bright and sparkly, but the colors look darker than they are in real life.
Here is what I made:
White and chocolate brown cardstocks were used:
Check out the "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" frame:
Apply Tonic Nuvo Mother of Pearl Embellishment Mousse (on white cardstock):
Makes a big difference transforming the card stock:
Stamp on top of the moussed cardstock. My VIRGINAL stamp was purchased at a convention in 2011 - and is happy now that she has been stamped:
Me and Carrie Lou "Poinsettia" was stamped with Versafine Sepia Brown ink, and heat embossed with SNS Log Cabin Cosmic Embossing Powder (it's a combination of elements to create a "detail" EP but still sparkle with glitter). This luscious EP is both creamy and sparkly.
to color the leaves:
Spritz a little water in the Embellishment Mousse to keep it moist AND use a water color brush on top of porous and NON porous surfaces:
The first layer of poinsettias was stamped and heat embossed on a large section of cardstock pre-embellished with Nuvo Mother of Pearl Embellishment Mousse.
Then only one delicate section of the die set was used to frame it.
On another scrap piece of paper, also prepared with Nuvo Mother of Pearl Embellishment Mousse, the poinsettia was stamped and embossed again, then fussy cut some of the petals out:
While the next step could be done with white cardstock, I used brown, just in case I missed any sections. SNS Copper Dreams Detail EP was massively dredged on a precut square that was liberally inked with VersaMark (This EP is extremely Sparkly but great on details, and coordinates well with Log Cabin Cosmic Embossing Powder).
Now for the inside:
- Tonic Nuvo Mother of Pearl Embellishment Mousse (on white cardstock)
- Tonic Merry Christmas Sentiment Die Set
- Tonic Poinsettia Wreath Die
- Tonic Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive with fine nozzle
- SNS Log Cabin Cosmic Embossing Powder (it's a combination of elements to create a "detail" EP but still sparkle)
- SNS Copper Dreams Detail EP (it's extremely Sparkly but great on details)
- VersaMark Ink (need a reinker?)
- Tonic Hinged Stamp Platform by Tim Holtz
- Images: Me and Carrie Lou "Poinsettia" H180, Heartfelt Creations HCPC3552 "Bright Christmas"
- Ribbon: DLArt "Coffee House Bundle Two"
- Martha Stewart "Cherish" Punch (edge inside)
- Memory Box Pinpoint Scallop Circles (inside)
- Pearl Brad
- Crafting with Dragonflies #94 Christmas Card in non-traditional Colors 12/2 (sep post)
- Christmas at Sweet Stampin Challenge Nov 8 Anything Christmas Goes 12/14 (sep post)
- Kerst-Christmas FB Challenge #11 November Anything Christmas 12/2
- Monochrome Magic #7 Monochrome 12/15
- Retro Rubber #76 Anything Goes 12/6 (my VIRGINAL stamp is from a convention purchased in 2011)
- Scrapy Land Challenge #78 Anything Goes with A Die SL Sells 12/6
- The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #20 Anything Christmas Goes 12/12
- Use Your Stuff #290 Heat Embossing 12/3 (sep post)
- World Wide Open DT Challenge "Anything DT Goes" 12/15 (sep post)