As soon as I saw blogging friend Donna Thielker's THTSB creation, I knew I wanted to get my Oxides out and finally experiment. There is a bit of a learning curve with them (in my opinion), but here is my first attempt. Donna, thank you for inspiring me!
Today's Make-A-Wish Fairy reminds us that we need to occasionally take ourselves "away", allowing our dreams to bloom from deep in our hearts, and shed seeds along our Life's journey, to come to life in their own way. But first, we have to begin a quiet odyssey allowing those beginnings to come to Light.
Have you ever noticed how many of our dreams have "come true" but not in the ways we had originally anticipated?
Onward... to my little card...
I used Distress Ink foam applicators to apply my inks, which was part of my "learning curve". Next time, I'll use my brushes (which I had forgotten about LOL). After inking my 5x7 panel, I spritzed with water and added kosher salt crystals to make a little texture:
After this dried, the salt was brushed off, and a Heidi Swap stencil was lightly inked with Distress Ink in Pumice Stone. The Sparkle sentiment was also inked with Pumice Stone and added to the background. All the images were inked with VersaFine Clair Rain Forest Green and heat set with clear embossing powder.
Wink of Stella Clear and Uni-Ball Pen Signo Gel White were both used, first on the fairy's wings and then on the other stamped elements. Diamond Dust (textured glitter) was also added:
Here's a final look at the card on an angle to capture it without the glitter and shine. After trimming the original white panel, the card size is 4.25" x 6.5":
Thanks for visiting today!
My Lavinia World Products:
- Stamps: Make A Wish Fairy LAV386, Fairy Bugs LAV471, Sparkle LAV446
- Inks: VersaFine Clair Rain Forest Green, Oxide Inks in Worn Lipstick, Wilted Violet, Mowed Lawn, Cracked Pistachio, Broken China, Distress Ink in Pumice Stone
- LW Miscellaneous - Wink of Stella Clear, Uni-Ball Pen Signo Gel White, Diamond Dust
- Other Misc: Heidi Swap stencil, Clear Detail EP
- Paper: Hunter Green, White, Turquoise
- Die & Punch: IO Small Grass 178C, MS Geometric Frames Punch
Challenges I'd like to play in please:
- My Time to Craft #426 No Digi's Allowed this week 3/7
- Creative Moments #185 AG + "for the girls" 3/5
- World Wide Open DT Challenge #2 AG DT 3/15
- *New* Classic Crafty FB Challenge (Feb) AG 3/1
- Creative Knockouts Challenge #339 Die Cuts and Punches (IO Small Grass 178C, MS Geometric Frames Punch) 3/5