It's very hot, humid and wet here. Typical Florida Summer! And quite conducive to indoor meanderings in my craft room.
Back to Basics and Beyond Challenge!
I'm showing a modern-take on a vintage tag.
Is that an oxymoronic description?
It all started with a 5x7 embossing folder and Chrome Silver mirror cardstock (Apologies for the poor lighting):
After dry embossing I decided it would look fantastic to add blue coloring to the debossed areas (yes, I did that backwards, deciding to color AFTER embossing the cardstock - lack of planning on my part). To keep the ink in place on this non-porous surface, Clear Detail Embossing Powder was dredged on top of the dry embossed tag, and heat set:
TIP: this was a great lesson because I learned that the Clear Detail Embossing Powder anchored the ink in place AND kept the shininess, but refracted the light enough to help with taking photos!
The die cut leaves were covered with Brushable Glue and dredged with two monochromatic "blue tone" ultrafine glitters:
Fascination G1030 (mixture of blues and other hues to bring out some silveriness)
Sentiment is from Pretty Blooms Rubber Stamp Set 873,
(also in digital format).
The glue for the glitter dried in the time it took to assemble the ribbon and die cut the sentiment, even on a rainy day.
A few products used:
- Mirror Cardstock in Chrome Silver (highly polished)
- SNS Pretty Blooms Rubber Stamp Set 873, (also available digitally)
- SNS Glitter Fascination G1030 (mixture of blues and other hues)
- SNS Glitter Blue Lightning G1008 (bright bold blue)
- SNS Clear Detail Embossing Powder EP280 (several layers to seal in the ink - mirror cardstock is non-porous)
- SNS Brushable Glue
- SNS 1/2" Tear-ific Double Sided Tape
- Crafters Companion 3D English Rose embossing folder
- VersaFine Inks: Tuxedo Black and Majestic Blue (in the debossed areas)
- Fabric Flower by Prima
- Crinkled May slate gray ribbon with multi luminescent colors
- Martha Stewart Vintage Floral edge punch
- Spellbinders Foliage die set, and Fancy Tags (cut off the ornate part)
- Slate Blue cardstock
- Craft-Dee BowZ (July) AG with handmade bow 8/1
- Create and Inspire #76 AG 8/10
- Mix it Up Challenge #15 Mix it Up More than one medium (mediums listed above) 8/1 (sep post)
- Monochrome Magic #13 AG Monochrome 8/15
- Not Just Cards Challenges (Jul 11) "AG" 8/11
- That's Crafty Challenge Blog (Jul 4) "Close To Nature" 8/1
- Pammie's Inky Pinkies #1829 Anything Goes 7/31
- World Wide Open DT Challenge #7 AG DT 8/15
- A Bit More Time to Craft #72 Anything Goes 7/29