Thank you for joining me today!
Welcome to the ALL NEW Sparkle N Sprinkle
NEW STORE - NEW BLOG - NEW PRODUCT LINES!
The new sets are 20% off until February 3, 2017, so after the blog hop, hop on over to the NEW STORE and have fun shopping - be sure to check out the OTHER amazing new products as well! With names like TONIC and STAMPENDOUS and HOUSE MOUSE, you're sure to fill that cart up quickly!
SNS also has a brand new blog, which can be found here!
On February 3, ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER will be selected from the comments left on all the Designers' blogs listed below. Please leave a comment with each designer to be eligible for the Grand Prize. It's always a mystery which designer has the winning comment! The Grand Prize Winner will be announced on the SNS Facebook page and the SNS New Blog.
Also, when you purchase the digi versions of any of the SNS rubber sets, you are getting lots of extras that aren't available otherwise. These extras include a cut file set to work with the rubber or digi image, may include additional images or sentiments not available with the rubber version, and occasionally digi papers! (NOTE: Cut files work with electronic cutting machines).
You're definitely going to want both the rubber versions as well as the digi versions of all our new releases.
It's Demo Donna on the SNS YouTube Channel!
The supporting cast of stamp sets:
Leafy Flower Spring Wreath digi version DIGI815B
*826 Pansies (set one)
Pansies mini digi set DIGI826833FS
Pansies fabulous digi bundle version including papers DIGI826-833FS
*832 Girlfriend Support Set 1
Girlfriend Support Set 1 digi version DIGI832
*833 Pansies in Teacup (set two)
Pansies mini digi set DIGI826833FS
Sitting Pretty Kitty digi version DIGI835LS)
*836 Luck of the Irish Enchantress - St. Patrick's Day
Luck of the Irish Enchantress digi version DIGI836LS
* 837 Rory's Lucky Clover - St. Patrick's Day
Rory's Lucky Clover digi version DIGI837LS)
* Eleven Watercolor Papers - Purple Pink (to coordinate with the pansies) DIGI4003FS
First -- easy, beautiful NAME PLACE CARDS:
Arrange four of the PRECOLORED teacup images on an inexpensive white piece of card stock. I used the JPG color versions because these do not have transparent backgrounds. They have a lovely, soft, water color effect around the teacup. Type the names prior to printing, or die cut teacups and then hand print/write the guests' names:
Next -- NAPKIN RINGS(boo boo time!)
Arrange several of the PNG colored pansies on inexpensive card stock, leaving enough room for an electronic cutter or for your own dear hand fussy cutting (shown at left).
Use coordinating colored cardstock, or print your own from this set - or even make your own coordinating designer paper (shown further below in this post). Cut it into strips, and "double wrap" the circles to give them a little more strength to hold the napkin in place (see photo below).
Place the cut out elements as desired. NOTE: I wasn't thinking correctly, and placed the 3 pansy heads in perfect spacing on the ring, however, I forgot to turn them "sideways" so that they would be facing each guest vertically, instead of horizontally (sideways). So keep that in mind when creating your napkin rings, or any other similar projects.
I also used some punched leaves for visual interest. As much as I wanted to add glitter, I thought the colors were pretty enough without it, and maybe glitter on the dining room table was not such a good idea (giggle).
This photo shows both the inside of the rings, as well as other angles:
Creating beautiful, easy cards, using traditional methods with digital images:
- 1 white card stock for printing out all the digital sentiments, spaced apart for the die cut.
- 3 white card stock for printing interior sentiment
- 2 white card stocks for the precolored digital pansies in teacup image, spaced apart for the round die cut.
- 3 green card stock for layers, run through the embossing folder, and distressed with ink.
- 3 pink card stock for layers.
- 6 artichoke green papers for the folded card base.
This is an example of using digital products in a traditional method:
The pretty sentiment is die cut from two directions,
so half the cards are a little different from the first half.
(Don't ask me where that line came in on the photo below - it's not in my Photos anywhere else except on the blog LOL)
I used 1/4" Tear-ific Tape to adhere the panels.
There are now 8 great sizes of Tear-ific Double Sided Tape to accommodate a number of Crafting Mediums and papers.
Making the GIFT BAG
In this case, the green splattered digi paper was selected. Place it on any word processing document.
Then I randomly placed the leafy pansy heads on top of the green paper, tilting them so they are at various angles. I did the same with the various leaves, and plain pansy heads. There are two sizes of the plain pansy heads on the paper.
Print out 3 sheets of the paper and assemble the bag. Before adhering the front and back panels, I added the white cardstock which was punched with a border punch.
Next, lace and pom poms were added with a larger leaf vine and another leafy pansy head.
I will make a lot more of these papers! It was fun!
Here are some better instructions, and other samples:
Quick Sample Ideas for creating fully digital projects:
The REALLY GREAT THING about Digital Papers:
- You can print them out AS THEY ARE NEEDED, so that there is no stock piling of papers in a craft room.
- Using your word processor, (or a more sophisticated app), you may customize them using any properly-created PNG images.
- They can be sized to your specific requirement.
- For EASY FINDING, save them by name on your hard drive OR on "secret" Pinterest Boards so only you can see them (we discourage digital piracy). A simple scroll through the board locates the grouping you want.
- Or use your PHOTOS app on any computer, or mobile device.
- Create a book of samples and file according to your needs.
- Create traditional projects with lots of paper layers, or a completely digital project with lots of digital layers for lower postage rates.
Sparkle N Sprinkle Products:
- Purple Digital Pansies and Digital Papers (also available in Rubber as Pansies and Teacup Pansies)
- 1/4" Tear-ific Tape
- MS Vintage Floral Punch
- Memory Box Pinpoint Scallop Circles
- SB Classic Circles
- Sizzix Sizzlet leafy branch
- SW Pierced Flags
- Deco Art Glamour Dust Paint (Ice Crystal)
- CB Swiss Dot EF
- Come and Get it Challenges (Jan 27) 3 or More Layers 2/5 (my card has 5 layers plus the base card, the napkin rings have 5 layers of cuts
- Classic Design Team Open Challenge Blog #11 Anything for a DT goes 3/1
- Crafting from the Heart #145 Anything Goes 2/5
- World Wide Open Design Team Challenge #18 Anything for a DT goes 2/15