(and yes! I do mean SWEET, because you always are to me!)
Autumn has finally arrived in central Florida!
Our evening lows now dip into the 60s (15-17C), and our highs are in the mid 80's (29ishC).
Last week-end we actually had a few nights dip into the 40s!
And yes, those "highs" are in the shade in the middle of the day.
Autumn in Florida is unlike any other place in the USA. Bewitchingly blue skies, decreased humidity, the magic of tree leaves beginning to trade their emerald green for a lovely olive complexion, the enhanced blue-gray of the swaying Spanish Moss, and the decrease of green fungi on tree trunks bringing out their natural lovely caramel, cocoa and latte colors... these are my Florida's Autumnal shades.
We live in an oak hammock, so my card today depicts the colors I see from late October until mid January, spiced with small amounts of the olive green in the oak trees.
Oh yes! It's time for a new Cardz 4 Galz challenge!
Badges are awarded for the Spotlight Winner and Top Picks.
put your imaginative daydreams on paper!
so get crafting and show us your
I am featuring a beautiful Vintage rendition of an image in my stash longing to be used:
IS THERE SUCH A THING?
one calamity after another caused me to alter the design. It's always a journey, isn't it?
- Image: Fairy Tangles - Song of Spring
- Copic Markers, Sharpie Metallic Copper
- Spellbinders 5x7 matting basics, (mat and frame)
- Sue Wilson pierced rectangles (in mat)
- Sparkle N Sprinkle Sienna Star EP425 embossing powder (frame)
- Martha Stewart Laurel Leaf punch (frame and border)
- Embossaliscious Floral Wonder (Crafters Comp) embossing folder (mat)
Friendship means Relationship, a Close Attachment, a Mutual Caring Deeply for another, a Supportive Companionship, Mutual Affection, A Kindredness -
As I pondered what friendship means the past few weeks, I think it goes much further. Some people are a True Friend to others, without it being reciprocated. It's a Gift freely given, a selfless Graciousness which is not demanding, but rather, given liberally.
But even more, I believe Friendship begins within.
We must befriend ourselves first,
caring about ourselves,
in order to be that true Graciousness and Friendship toward another.
Friendship with Nature,
the deep love for The Creation,
and for the Life we are granted,
must also be deeply inhaled,
breathed into our lungs and hearts,
and breathed back out into the world through our
To be uncaring about the Earth,
to be negligent toward wildlife,
to be disrespectful about other humans,
is not only an Unfriendly Gesture,
but it harms the Friendship within our Souls -
- for those who believe in God, it harms the Companion who resides within -
- for those who do not believe in God as a Being, it harms the Companionship of Self.
So my card today is about The Friendship Within - with Self, Creator, and Creation -
to see our lives as the threads of
Loving Companionship/Friendship that have woven all History,
bringing us to this point in our lives.
It is about recognizing ourselves,
yet reaching out to our polar opposite
(hence, the title of my blog post: Song of Spring becoming the Beauty of Autumn).
Thanks to the Path of Positivity for October's Theme.
I would love to know your thoughts as well on this little discussed topic.
Challenges I'd like to support with this card:
- Addicted to Stamps Challenge #134 Lots of Layers + a Stamp 11/7 (sep post)
- Crafting with Friends Challenges (Oct 21 - #29 or #30?) Anything goes 11/4
- Dream Valley Challenges "For The Girls" 11/6
- Fussy and Fancy #175 Shades of Autumn 11/4 please see Autumnal description above (sep post 11/11)
- Path of Positivity (Oct) #42 "Friendship" 11/7 (please see my written thoughts about Friendship just above this section) (sep post)
- Stamping Sensations (October) Autumn (please see my write up at top) 11/8 (sep post)
- World Wide Open Design Team Challenge #15 Oct15-Nov14 Anything Goes 11/15 (2nd entry)