It was pure joy working with Linda's quality products. My cards feature the "Les Beaux Oiseaux Designer Ephemera" - Beautiful Birds - I've done an Asian style card from the travel postcard.
I used a sepia setting on my computer and changed the green paper to become a bit more "olive" to match the bird, before printing it out.
I printed 4 copies of the bird topper, cutting out flowers, butterflies, and various parts of the bird, with the largest layers on the bottom, and the smallest on top. But first, each piece was inked around the edges for a crisper appearance.
After brushing away the excess gilding flakes, I added more texture by "distressing" with a VersaMarker, dredging with Copper EP and Glitter, and heat setting:
More of the embossing formula adorns the coordinating digital paper:
There were three textures of copper on the card:
Thanks for dropping by, and hope to see your decoupage project at
Back to Basics and Beyond Challenge
- Linda Simpson Bird Ephemera
- MS Geometric Frames punch set
- SNS Opaline embossing powder
- hand-blended copper embossing powder with some glitter in it
- Tonic Nuvo Large Glue Pen (for Copper Gilding Flakes) you can also use this for distressing with glitter or embossing powder.
- Sunkissed Copper Gilding Flakes
- VersaMark Marker (for distressing embossing powder)
- Crafty Cardmakers #217 "All Creatures Great and Small" 9/17 sep post
- Get Creative Challenge #73 "Lots of Bling and Sparkle" 10/1 (I used lots of gilding flakes and the embossing powder contains sparkly glitter)
- We Love 2 Create #12 "Anything Goes Mixed Media" 2 kinds of embossing powders (one hand blended), gilding flakes, metal accessory distressed)