My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx
Friday, July 29, 2016
A quick question for gardening friends who live in "cooler" climates.
Regarding Ruffled or Plain Green Leaf lettuce (or similar varieties):
how cool/cold can the temperatures be for it to grow?
Obviously we don't grow it in Florida, however, our Autumn and Winter temperatures are often perfect for Greens, Broccoli, Cabbage and Romaine...
... as long as there are no severe frosts.
If winter is mild again this year, we are thinking of growing some lettuce in a small area, rather than planting the entire garden area in rye grass seed, and allowing the nitrogen to seep into the ground.
Thanks for your help,
Donna The Vegetable Lover
Thursday, July 14, 2016
To my friends in the northern hemisphere, have you been VERY hot! Yikes!
The humidity has been in the highest category (oppressive), and our heat indices continues to be 105-110 F (40C-43C) each day.
Even the Gulf of Mexico waters in our area have been in the 90's!
Thank goodness for air conditioning!
Back to card making LOL:
Today's project features both positive and negative use of dies.
The corners of the front panel match to the valleys of the borders:
Here is the same technique in a business size card (4" x 8.5"):
Dee's Distinctively IME-122 Flower Stems (card 1)
Dee's Distinctively IME-125 Flower 3 (card 1)
Spellbinders Rose Creations (leaf) (card 1)
Spellbinders Classic Petal Edgeabilities (card 1)
Spellbinders Butterflies Two (card 2)
Memory Box Pinpoint Scalloped Circles (card 2)
Spellbinders Circles Two (card 2)
Sue Wilson Pierced Square Noble Collection (card 2)
Die-Namites "Birdhouse Branch" DN-1144 (card 3)
Die-Versions "Happy Day" die
Craftwell Delicate Dots embossing folder
Paper: White, Navy
Stamps: Hero Arts C2916 "Wishing a Happy Day"
EKS corner punch (card 3)
Playing in these fun challenges please:
- Artistic Inspirations Challenges #160 Anything Goes 7/18
- Craft Rocket Challenges #19 Anything Goes 7/20
- Craft Your Passion Challenges #320 Anything Goes 7/18
- Crafting with an Attitude #17 Anything Goes 8/1
- Crafy Girls Creations #23 Just For Fun "Anything goes" 7/28
- Fab n Funky Challenges #313 Add a Sentiment 7/20 (c10)
- Moving Along With The Times #24 "No Designer Papers 7/21 (I used Washi Tape and Embossing Folders)
Monday, July 11, 2016
- a loss of previously assigned URL links coming from other locations,
- a loss of some features (see Google's Blog),
- Issues when using custom domain,
- error messages when people try to access our profiles (this usually occurs when they are trying to return-leave a comment from our visit to their blog).
Thursday, July 07, 2016
"make it simple or doll-it-up"
(using the same featured dies in both simple and elaborate designs)
The featured dies:
The following Dies R Us Products are being used:
Memory Box Calla Oval Wreath 99449
Memory Box Delia Butterfly 98353 (body) (card 2)
Memory Box Lydia Butterfly 99089 (card 2)
Memory Box Sorona Butterfly 99091 (card 2)
Tattered Lace Curved Parasol
Crafters Companion Die'sire Butterfly Dreams (card 2)
They may be used separately, or together.
The Calla Oval Wreath has been inked and brushed with a little glitter, then popped up,
to showcase the Tattered Lace Curved Parasol.
The Parasol is also popped up:
The Stampin' Up! Sentiment is heat embossed with SNS Raspberry Sherbet Cosmic Powder:
Pretty Pearlized Vellum supports the butterfly:
The butterflies are gorgeous:
Impression Obsessions darling little Spiral Flowers are enchanting!
Believe it or not, these are Mitra's LARGE size, so beware if buying on-line not to get the smaller version. I cannot imagine how tiny those must be.
And here is a photo of the die, and how it cuts:
Thanks for popping by today!
- Memory Box Calla Oval Wreath 99449
- Memory Box Delicate Flower Frame 99438
- Memory Box Delia Butterfly 98353 (body) (card 2)
- Memory Box Lydia Butterfly 99089 (card 2)
- Memory Box Sorona Butterfly 99091 (card 2)
- Impression Obsession Spiral Flowers LARGE (card 2)
- Tattered Lace Curved Parasol
- Crafters Companion Die'sire Butterfly Dreams (card 2)
- Sparkle N Sprinkle: Brushable Glue, Lavender Iris Semi-Transparent Glitter G1061, Starfire Glitter G1017, Shell Pink Glitter G1022, Raspberry Sherbet Cosmic embossing powder EP243
- Paper: White, Lavender, Purple, Pearlized vellum,
- Rolled tulle roses, Stamp Zia Colorwash Spray, Distress inks, embossing folder, pearls, VersaMark
- Image: SU Best Blossoms sentiment
Friday, July 01, 2016
Do you follow my blog via email notification?
If so, THANKS, and please feel free to click REPLY to contact me.
Or click on the title of my post to visit my blog directly.
It's been quite warm here and oppressively humid - typical Florida Summer Weather.
How grateful I am to bask in nature's beauty - both here -
through my blogging friends' wonderful photos!
Thanks SO MUCH for sharing on your blogs!
It's time for another Crafts Galore Encore Challenge
Our Sponsor this month is Art by Miran.
and link your blog posts directly to the linky on the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge site!
It's fun using the old products in my stash!
Some things never go out of style - they are simply forgotten and neglected.
Colored with Copic Markers, the bubbles were especially fun. In this card, I've carried over duplicate bubbles into the flowers, and popped more up around the sweet little Brea:
Real bubbles are not glittery. But mine are!
a Sparkly Blanket coating trees, people,
birds, grass, everything...
There are always several - it's an impossible task. Here's the link:
- Image: Art by Miran "Bubbles Brea #216" (card 1 with lots of extra bubbles)
- Sparkle N Sprinkle Starfire Glitter G1017
- Sentiment: Impression Obsession "light heart" (card 1)
- LifeStyle Nesting Frame #7 (card 1)
- Cottage Cutz Greenery 4x4 (card 1)
- Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish (cut up) (card 1)
- Martha Stewart Double Arch Deep PAP (card 1)
- EKS Butterfly Punch, Punch Bunch Butterfly (card 2)
- Spellbinders 5x7 Detailed Scallops (card 2)
- Copic Markers, Distress Inks, VersaFine Deep Lagoon
- Lace, fabric flowers, Embossing folders
- Paper: Old Bubbles designer paper, SU pinks and aqua, Turquoise Vellum, Express-it White
- Art by Miran Challenges #61 Anything Goes 7/7 (sep post)
- Artistic Inspirations Challenges #159 "Anything Goes 7/10
- Classic Design Team Open Challenge (July 1 #04) Anything Goes 8/1
- Craft Your Passion Challenges #318 Anything Goes 7/3
- Crafting by Designs - July - Anything Goes 7/24
- Crafting from the Heart #118 - 1, 2, 3 of something (1 girl, 2 butterflies, 3 fabric roses) 7/2
- Crafty Creations Challenges #318 Anything Goes 7/5
- Crafty Gals Corner #78 - anything goes (glittery bubbles)
- Deep Ocean Challenges #132 "colors of summer" 7/12
- Digi Chooseday Challenge #26 Bling, Gems or Glitter (bubbles are glittered) 7/5
- Through the Craft Room Door (TTCRD June 28-July 4) Anything Goes 7/5