Hi! Gosh - I was inspired to make these cards last summer for my friend, whose brother passed away from COVID. Apparently, I wrote a post but forgot to upload the photos and publish! Sure do wish my brain was active again! Hope you enjoy them.
I needed a few sympathy cards, and thinking of you type cards, so I looked in my "unfinished box" and found some gold embossed PSX Calla Lily botanical flowers needing to be colored. I used some very forgiving watercolor Mica paints, knowing that coloring outside the lines wouldn't really show up much.
Lapsing into the "old styles" of designing, I found myself wanting to make the shabby chic look. Lots of my blogging
friends successfully use printed papers in their die cutting, so I tried it here on one card with the leaves. I am in love with that idea!
THANK YOU, FRIENDS, for the fine inspiration!
It was also relaxing doing ink-distressing, and paper distressing. The sentiments and images were gold embossed:
Though these cards are hardly difficult, it did take me nearly 8 weeks to get them made, so it was a true labor of love.
The mica paints made lots of sparkle!
Included are two NBUS (never before used supplies) products (do the lily stamps count even though they were in my stash box? I had never before made a card with them), and the Anna Griffin Slim Line "Gentlemen's Study" die set (sentiments).
Darkened photo to show sparkly-shimmery pearlessence:
Even though I could not capture the pearlessence of the watercolors, I must say they made me quite happy!
Thanks for stopping by!
Products: Stamps: PSX Calla Lily Araceae, SU! Elegant Cheer - Paper: Nitwit Paris Collection, Brown-Tan, White - Dies: SU Labels Punch, SB Chantilly Paper Lace, SB Foliage S4-328, Anna Griffin Slim Line "Gentlemen's Study" die set - Inks: VersaMark, Versafine Clair Golden Meadow, Distress Pumice Stone - Other: Gold Detail EP, Copper Dreams EP, Watercolor Mica Paints, Copic Marker Warm Gray01
I would like to play in the following challenges please:
- Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2220 AG 5/22 (sep post)
- A Place to Start Challenge #052022 AG w Twist: Lillies and Lace (calla lilies and Chantilly Paper Lace die) 6/6
- Creative Crafters Challenge #52 AG 6/8
- Inspiration Station #30 Flower Shop (What a beautiful photo of a flower shop! Flowers always brighten a person's day to let them know someone cares about them and is thinking of them) 6/6
- Dies R Us #193 AG dies DRU carries 5/28 (sep post) (using SB Chantilly Paper Lace, SB Foliage S4-328)
- A Perfect Time to Craft #5 AG Flowers 6/1
- Classic Design Challenge #5 AG 6/1 sep post