Hello, friends! I hope this finds you safe and well.
Challenge at Jan's Digi Stamps! If you use a JDS image in your card, please mention it. There is a 2nd draw specifically for those who use one of Jan's fun images.
Jan's newest sets are 25% off, and this month's Spring Flowers Sale, including 24 sets, is also 25% off.
To create my card, two sets were used (just click on them to enlarge):
|*NEW* Dogwood Blooms 10 images Sale $3.75|
|Showers of Tulips 923 - 16 images Sale $3.75|
First, I opened my Word Processor App and added the image. Adding a 2nd of the same image, I tilted the 2nd one so it was growing "upward, and covered up parts of the first image. The 2nd image was also flipped horizontally so the leaves were not facing the same direction. Lastly, I cropped a portion of the image and saved it separately in my set folder for future use. It was used to add dimension to the front-most blossom. Probably, the card would have looked better if most of the blooms had been popped up.
The scene is subsequently die cut, leaving the die in place, and smearing Oxide inks, beginning with the lightest color and progressing to the darker, before removing the die/stencil. Copic markers worked their color magic, and a little touch of sparkle is added upon completion.
The "lone" dogwood bloom was colored, fussy cut, and dimensional "dots" under each petal, but with "flat" glue in the flower center. This way, going through the postal machines, the flower should remain dimensional, with the center inset further than the petals.
Looking forward to seeing your project in the Anything Goes Challenge at Jan's Digi Stamps!
Products: Jan's Digi Images: Dogwood Blooms 4080, Showers of Tulips 923 (Happiness Sentiment), Spellbinders 5x7 Detailed Scallops die, Oxides in Twisted Citron & Mowed Lawn, Copic Markers, Yellow Glitter
I'd like to play in the following fine challenges please:
- Worldwide Crafters and Colorists Challenge #3 AG Colored 4/12 (1 of 3)
- A Perfect Time to Craft Open Challenge #3 AG 4/1 (UE)
- The Outlawz Challenges Twisted Thursday (March 2-April 5) Use at least 2 items from your stash that are over a year old. Then tell us, in your post, what items you used and the approximate ages of the items! Love this Challenge! (1) Spellbinders 5x7 Detailed Scallops die has got to be at least 7-8 years old (?), (2) Yellow Glitter from a convention at least 10 years ago, Set 923 is 5 years old, Copic Markers 4-6 years old, (4/5) (sep post)
- Classic Design Challenge #3 AG 4/1 (UE)
- Ally's Angels #68 AG 4/10 (1 of 3)
- CD Sunday PLUS #106 AG Downloaded 4/2 (1 of 3) (in this case, I arranged two of the flower branches to overlap, and printed an extra flower for layering purposes. The sentiment was added from another set.
- Daisy Chain Challenges #72 Flowers 4/2
- ** NEW** Triple B Challenges #1 - AG Mood Board flowers, birds or butterflies! A wonderful new challenge! (ends 3-31)