My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Friday, June 30, 2023

Heart and Home (Christmas Bingo Challenges)

Hello, dear blogging friends! A New Freebie Sentiment for you - just scroll to the bottom of my post!


It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year! Our second challenge at Christmas BINGO Challenges, is for Christmas lovers all year long! 

  

A new bingo card is available for each challenge. But this bingo game is a bit different. Only columns may be used (not rows or diagonal choices). Each column includes a FREE SPACE, which you may also use. Please utilize three or more squares in the column of your choice. (more details on blog)

In this case, I have selected the letter "N" and included Pearls, Pink, Teal, and FREE (yes, you may include the FREE space as one of your three items in a row.

This darling little Besties Winder Dreams has long been printed in my "to be colored" drawer, awaiting some medium application, so she has been turned into a cute Christmas card.

What's not to like about pink and teal with all the variations? 


After assembling this card, some white flocking with a little clear glitter was added to the fuzzy tassel on the little bird's hat, and on the little girl's ear muffs, furry cuff and furry skirt trim.


I was a little heavy handed with the pinks, but hey, can you REALLY have too much pink?

(giggle)


Products: My Besties Winder Dreams #380, SU! Cardinal Christmas (sentiment), Copic Markers, Spellbinders 5x7 Elegant Labels 4, Spellbinders Labels 4 (to make the teal frame), Classic Ovals Large (sentiment), INKS: VersaFine Clair Charming Pink, Oxides in Pine Needles, Kitsch Flamingo, Vintage Photo, Picked Raspberry, Spun Sugar, X-Press It Blending Cardstock, Pink Pearls, White Flocking with Glitter, Bazzill Pink and Teal Cardstock

FREEBIE GIFT:

The interior of my card uses the following sentiment, which I share with you: for use on the inside or outside of your projects. Please do not sell these Sentiments. Use on any of your projects, including projects involving any design teams you might be on.

Click on the image to bring it to full size. Because of the changes Google Made with Blogger (June 2020), your image will appear to be solid black. Don’t panic. Right click and do a SAVE AS PNG. Once it is saved on your hard drive, you can open it and it will have a transparent background. Please let me know if you have any problems. I hope they serve you well! Enjoy!



Playing in these fine challenges:
  1. Worldwide Crafters and Colorists Challenge #6 AG (entry x of 3) 7/12 (2nd entry)
  2. Ally's Angels #71 Anything Goes 7/10 (2nd entry)
Wishing you and yours a fabulous summer of fun activities and healthy times,


17 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! Your colouring is awesome and LOVE the pink&teal palette!!! Pink is never too much LOL :D The girl with the bird is very cute and that elegant frame makes the card gorgeous!
Hugs, have a lovely weekend!

KarinsArtScrap said...

such a beautiful card Donna

gr karin

Donna said...

This is fabulous, like your coloring, all the pink and of course this darling image. Have a good weekend!

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous image and fabulous colouring-love all the pink and beautiful die
Carol x

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love those colors together and your frame die is so elegant! A really beautiful card!

Barb Finnical said...

Donna, your card is so cute! I love the colors - they're so cheery, just like the girl's face on the card. Teal and pink go so well together. And your coloring techniques are amazing. I really can't color that well. Beautiful work! It's nice to be with you on the Christmas BINGO Challenge Design Team! :)

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my she is so adorable and with that little birdie with the hat oh it takes it over the edge of sweetness! I just love the colors you have chosen too, great framing!

Donna Phelan said...

Great colors, isn't she the sweetest! Love how you framed her and that sentiment is lovely!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a gorgeously coloured cute creation Donna. I am so sorry I haven't emailed lately, I am volunteering more and more for The S A. I hope you are keeping OK.

Thank you for the freebie.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Leslie Miller said...

I remember wanting to play in this challenge. It's so hard to get back on track. Darling card with beautiful coloring, Donna. You have a gift for color and coloring. Your sentiment does not turn black on my computer. I've always loved this one. Thank you!

Aimeslee Winans said...

First, thank you very much for the digital sentiment freebie. I have this quote in a rubber stamp but yours is so much prettier!
Second, thank you for explaining this challenge. I wasn't thorough in my original reading of it and have been thinking I have to do all the items in a column, so I'm today's years old learning this! So my latest make happens to qualify, yay! I shall be checking this one more frequently!
Third but not least, your make is spectacular and no, you cannot have too much pink, lol. Love the shades of the teal and pink together and all colored up beautifully. Simple gorgeous! I'll just add, heaven help you should you go down the My Besties rabbit hole. I did last year, had a ton of fun, but I've had this same digi in my to-color box since December and haven't had the motivation...yet.
Now for Fourth and Final, I'm again today's year old with the Spellbinder dies. I have both the Labels 4 and Elegant Labels 4, and am just now realizing, thanks to you, that they go together perfectly!!!!
You helped me a lot today, my friend. Hope y'all are hanging out in the cool. It just sprinkled here for a few minutes and we are celebrating! heehee
xoxo

Lori m said...

Gorgeous card...you have a way of making each card so pretty, you can feel the love packed into it, hugs, Lori m

pam said...

Beautiful card Donna, perfect colouring and pretty colours.
Hugs Pam x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Beautiful card Donna, its an adorable image and I love the colours that you have chosen. Michelle x

Sue said...

What a bright fun card. She is adorable and the colors and coloring are wonderful.

Have been thinking of you, hoping you are well. Lots of yard work going on and clean up around the pond. Had a Heron visit, but I don't think he got any of my fish, hard to count them as they are scared and zip around fast!!

Hugs
Sue

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is gorgeous, Donna! The teal and pink are so pretty together and that little girl image is super cute. Love everything about this card!

wannabcre8tive said...

So cute and fab coloring. Love the colors. Hope you are feeling better.