My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Monday, May 01, 2023

House Mouse Gingerbread Decorating {Christmas Bingo Challenges}

NOTE: My Jan's Digi Stamps design team project is also published today here.

Yippee! I'm so excited to share a brand new Christmas Challenge for blog land!

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year! A brand new challenge blog for Christmas lovers all year long! 

Named Christmas BINGO Challenges, a new bingo card is available for each challenge. But this bingo is a bit different. Only columns may be used (not rows or diagonal choices). Each column includes a FREE SPACE, which you may also use. Please utilize three or more squares in the column of your choice. (more details on blog)

In this case, I have chosen the "B" column.

Tags (in the upper right of my card)

Dots (in the background papers)

Green (papers are pine needle green)

Stamped Image (House Mouse & Hero Arts)

and I even can say "free" because I've used some other "stuff" on the card (giggle)

Remember, you only have to use 3 squares in one column, and FREE can be one of your choices!


Colored with Copic Markers, this darling House Mouse stamp is now retired. Fortunately, I had stamped a few from a friend several years ago.  

The sentiment is stamped in Rain Forest VersaFine Clair and heat set with clear detail embossing powder. 


The House Mouse line is one I never tire of coloring. 

How about you? Do you have certain favorite stamps or stamp lines that you enjoy? Or do you find yourself going through cycles of certain styles and techniques?

I tried balancing the gold glossy die cut with the brass bell in the image:



Come on over and show us what you can do with the bingo card at Christmas BINGO Challenges.

Products: Stamps: Stampendous House Mouse Frosting Gingerbread Man from 1997 (it's long been retired),  Hero Arts Clear set CL722, Green Digital Paper by LianaScrap (free, thank you), Dies: Tonic Mixed Edge Rectangle set, Surprise Creations Double Stitch Tags die set, Tutti-123 Arched Fir Branch die, Memory Box Precious Gingerbread Men Inks: Rain Forest VersaFine Clair, Oxides in Pine Needles and Lucky Clover, Copic Markers, Clear Detail Embossing Powder 

Challenges I would like to play in please:

  1. Outlawz Twisted Thursday AG with theme COLOR IT (colored with Rain Forest VersaFine Clair, Oxides in Pine Needles and Lucky Clover, Copic Markers) 5/4 (3 of 5 allowed entries)
  2. Worldwide Crafters and Colorists Challenge #4 AG (entry 3 of 3) 5/12
  3. My Favorite Things Christmas Challenge (April 20) ends May 17
  4. House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge (5/1) AG HM ends May 13
  5. Classic Design Challenge #5 AG 6/1
  6. A Perfect Time to Craft #5 AG (check 7/1)
  7. Girlz Creative Christmas Challenge #18 Everything Goes 5/6
  8. Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge #38 AG option mood board 5/4 (D&D - I hope I understood the challenge properly) 
  9. Christmas With The Cuties #69 Something Hand Colored ends May 14 check 5/29
  10. Critter Crazy Challenges #74 FEATURE a critter 6/1
  11. Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog #50 AG Christmas 6/15

Stamping Hugs,



34 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How cute and fun Christmas card!! Adorable!

ScrappyHorses said...

How sweet is this image! So cute with the green paper patterns and festive dies! So happy you shared with us at Twisted Thursday! ~Katrina

cuilliesocks said...

What a sweet card Donna, I love the mice image and your whole design, such lovely colours with the gold embellishment, Kate x

Lorraine A said...

Super cute card Donna :-) the image is so sweet and I love the patchwork of papers background and details, the little gingerbread decoration and gold die cut are gorgeous!
Love this new Christmas BINGO challenge idea too! :-)

Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Cindy said...

Your card is simply adorable! Thanks for the love on my blog. Glad we are teamies on this new, exciting DT/challenge blog, too!! Hugs, Cindy

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card and cute image,beautifully coloured and pretty papers.
Carol x

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and gorgeous card Donna

gr karin

wannabcre8tive said...

Awww, what a fun and cute card. Love the image. House Mouse cards are always adorable.

Barb Finnical said...

Hi Donna! Thank you so much for coming over to my blog and saying "HI" as a fellow Design Team member at Christmas BINGO Challenges. It's so nice to meet you! I"m following along with you now and I look forward to working with you in the future!

Barb Finnical said...

Oh, and this card is adorable! I love the mice and the way you colored the images is so professional! It is cool how we can both choose the same column and come up with such different projects!

Donna Phelan said...

How FUN! This Christmas card is beautiful! Love the images and your perfect coloring! It's super Festive! Great choices from the Bingo card too! Merry Merry!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the cute House Mice scene on your wonderful festive Christmas card. Awesome coloring!

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

Hello, teamie!! Your card is terrific! I always smile when I see House Mouse images! So adorable and I guess the little wee ones must like Christmas, too! :) Delightful! --Becca

Diane said...

Absolutely LOVE this Donna, such a cute card and colored so beautifully and a fabulous design as well, I have saved the challenge into my challenge list, it looks like fun and we certainly can use some NEW challenges in blogland!!

Diane said...

Whoops forgot to say (I guess I was too excited)
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}
{Stencil Fun}

Conniecrafter said...

that is a very darling image, such cute coloring of it too, like how the background of the stamp matches with your papers. I love the golden branch with the snowflakes and that cute gingerbread ornament with your banners, such wonderful details.
I can't say if I have a favorite line of stamps or dies for that matter, I think it changes all the time :)

Leslie Miller said...

Ack, so much fun! Maybe this is what I need to get me going on my Christmas cards. I've been dragging my feet even though I have bunches of not yet used Christmas stuff -- mostly dies. This is the most darling image. Those House Mousies get up to some very adorable shenanigans. You did a beautiful job on every inch of this. Favorite stamps? Well, my favorite companies keep going out of business. One of them was Stampendous. Spellbinders bought all their remaining inventory. I still have not yet used Stampendous! I'm heading over to check out the challenge now. Thanks, Donna!

Lori m said...

What a fun challenge, wow, wow, and wow, fabulous card. I love all the detail you add to your cards. So much love packed into each project.

Stay well and keep on smiling, hugs, Lori m

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A definite AW! card Donna, I love the colours you used and the lovely design and dies to show this beautiful image off. A Lovely card.
Faith x

Aimeslee Winans said...

What an adorable card and congrats to you, this is Leslie's new one you're on DT, right? That's just adorable. I always enjoy looking at House Mouse but have never had the urge to create with him. I get the love, tho. Well, I can't come up with an answer to your question, but it might be a digi company if I knew. I know I do enjoy coloring the old Impression Obsession cling stamps, like their Serendipity line. Otherwise, I just may be too eclectic and have way too much stuff, hahaha. Have a great weekend! XOX

nwilliams6 said...

So cute! Lucky of you to have some of this image and you colored it beautifully, Donna. Super pretty card and perfect for Christmas too.

Definitely I go in cycles when creating, but I always use some type of TH brown around the edges or I just don't like whatever I do. I am trying to shake it - lol. Hugz

Sue said...

These mice are so talented! What a beautiful holiday card. Love the colors and paper patterns you chose. This is such a darling scene and you have colored it up beautifully. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

Donna said...

Fabulous House Mouse card! I like the extra gingerbread boy and your gold die cut! I tend to go through cycles of folds, styles and technique.

Bunny said...

I love Christmas cards. This is so cute. Lovely coloring. Thanks for joining us at HMFMC> {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

Monica C. said...

Super cute card, Donna and I love House Mouse. This one is really cute. Nice to be on the same team as you here with this challange.
Hugs Monica

April said...

Oh my goodness! Your card design is wonderful! Coloring is perfect. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

Pat said...

Lovely card with a super cute image nd gorgeous colours, thanks for joining in our challenge at Christmas with the Cuties.

Pat xx

Shona Erlenborn said...

Oh Donna, what another beauty! Your coloring is amazing. The beautiful greens are fabulous and the die cut is amazing with the bell! How did you get that gold to photograph like that?

Michelle B. said...

Thanks for bringing a smile to my lips and laughter in my belly! Love your card, completely adorable! Looking forward to working with you on the design team!

Lisa xx said...

ooooh this is such a sweet card - gorgeous colouring which is perfect for our current theme.
thank you so much for playing along at Chrsitmas with the Cuties, hope to see you again soon

Lori m said...

Stopping by to wish you sunny days filled with lots of hugs and smiles, :) Lori m

Het hobbyhoekje van Annie said...

A gorgeous card; thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog.
Annie DT

Angela B. said...

Thank you so much for entering the Twisted Thursdays challenge at https://theoutlawzchallenges-thursday.blogspot.com/ this month. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next twisted Challenge.

Happy crafting,

Angela

The Outlawz Challenges

Twisted Thursdays DT



https://outlawzchallenges.blogspot.com/



Kim said...

What an adorable card. Love all the details. Thanks for joining the challenge at Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog.