My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Monday, May 15, 2023

Flower Cart - Jan's Digi Stamps

 Hello! I'm so glad to see you!


Reminder Time for the Anything Goes Challenge at Jan's Digi Stamps!  If you use a JDS image in your card, please mention it. There is a 2nd draw specifically for those who use one of Jan's fun images.

Jan's Digi's now has a freebie section. Freebies will be left up for a short time, and new ones will be added periodically. Jan's newest sets are 25% off and this month's Father's Day sale, includes 10 sets.

I admit it! These were in my "to be finished" box, and it was fun to finish them up and send them to people who will love them. Each card uses: Flower Cart 798Showers of Tulips 923, clear glitter and Copic Markers:

Flower Cart 798 10 images


Showers of Tulips 923

Like lots of bloggers, I am trying to use as many of my favorite (or unused) older products as possible in my creations. There is something happy and satisfying in doing that (at least for me!) 

Cherry & Ivory Colored Card:  Dies- Spellbinders Cascading Grace 5x7, Marianne Design Creatables Anja's Large Ovals LR0236, EK Success corner punch, SU Scallop Punch, Distress Inks (Scattered Straw, Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar), Ivory Neenah Cardstock, DLArt Ivory Ribbon, My Favorite Things cloud stencil, green and blue colored pencils, Freebie interior sentiments here.


Green & Ivory Card:  Dies: Grand Labels Four Nestabilities, SB 5x7 Elegant Labels Four, SB Fancy Tags One S4-235, Ivory Neenah Cardstock, Peeled Paint Distress Ink


I find using pale gray and/or pale ivory as a card base is difficult to photograph without appearing rather dingy and dark. But like other supplies in my stash, crying out to be used, so is my Neenah Ivory for Copics asking to be used!

But I DID allow myself to color one with traditional white Express-It:

Pink & Green Card: Dies: LifeStyle Nesting Lace Ovals, Embossalicious Rose Vine embossing folder by Die'sire, EK Success Oval Punch, Distress Inks (Bundled Sage, Kitsch Flamingo, Spun Sugar) DLArt Pink Ribbon,


The interior is a freebie gift from me. You can download it here (scroll to the bottom of the post)




Don't forget to head on over and share your pretty projects with us at Jan's Digi Stamps!

Challenges I would like to play in please:
  1. Crafting Happiness Challenges # 142 Flowers 6/1
  2. Classic Design Challenge #5 AG 6/1
  3. A Perfect Time to Craft #5 AG (check 7/1)

Stamping Hugs,


17 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Donna, beautiful cards, they look so different in different colours, lovely examples of the image. Love the frame too.
Faith x

Donna Walls said...

Simply Amazing Donna! Stunning, both inside and out. I love how you've used different color palettes with the same images, so unique and clever! Thanks for a beautiful mid-month project for the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.
Donna xx

Lori m said...

Donna, each card is a gem, so pretty and filled with so much to look at, gorgeous, hugs, Lori m

Chris said...

Wow, these are just gorgeous Donna, such a lovely image- and coloured so perfectly on each card, all three designs are beautiful, the focal image perfectly framed and taking pride of place.
Lovely sentiments- inside and out.
Hugs xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are just so beautiful Donna

gr karin

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Three fabulous cards with the lovely stamp, love any interpretation and especially the green one!

cuilliesocks said...

Your cards are gorgeous Donna, the floral images are so beautiful and your colouring is so pretty, Kate x

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful card collection! That flower cart is so sweet!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful cards and image,love all the colourways,dies and lovely sentiments
Carol x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Truly amazing ways of using the wonderful image to create three beautiful cards. All are perfect for any time of the year!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Gorgeous inside and out! I feel headache-y thinking about all that detailed coloring. You deserve a medal and a lecture to not work yourself too much! *winkwink* XOX

Leslie Miller said...

When you get to going you really get to going! Three cards and each a beauty! I especially love the one with the leafy embossed background. You know me -- always working on the not yet used stuff while pulling out the oldies to go with them. It's all so much fun! Lovely sentiments. Thank you, Donna!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my you have done such lovely creations with all of these! I will have to say the last one with the embossed background that you have softly colored is my favorite of them all, I so love how that background compliments your lovely image so perfectly!!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

These are all so beautifully designed and coloured with each flower cart bursting with coordinating colourful blooms too. I like how the paving glistens too and such lovely sentiments to accompany your cards also. Michelle x

Chrissy said...

Such beautiful cards Donna and I love your inside sentiments, gorgeous fonts..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Donna said...

Wonderful collection of cards, I like the variety of colors you used and the different designs with one image! Take care!

wannabcre8tive said...

Wow, these cards are fabulous and you have colored them beautifully. Love the image, too.