Yesterday we were at 83 (28C) unusually warm degrees.
This morning, we will awaken to 65ish (16) and temps will continue going down. For the next three mornings we will be in the mid 30s (1-2C) and hoping for no frost.
When drastic changes like this occur, it hurts the farmers, flower growers and wildlife. But life is good compared to my dear friends who live in severe weather conditions and where the sun doesn't shine much.
Bringing you lots of "sweetness" today in the way of peppermint candy!
You deserve it!
|Facebook - Shopping - Pinterest - Challenges|
For Cyber Monday, Jan announced that her digital sets 25% off Cyber Monday thru Friday this week!
My card features a "silently released" Christmas set packed full of cute images and sentiments, called Holiday Gingerbread!
But I've opted to make mine a house of peppermint, rather than a house of ginger.
Using the individual gum drop, I created a border in my word processor and lined it with lace and scallops. The green adds just the right amount of color to bring out the various shades of pink:
The scene is colored with Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Spun Sugar Distress ink and Victorian Velvet Distress ink. Each area was individually "painted with glue" and the colors of glitter were applied so that a little extra dimension could be seen. I say glitter looks like sugar, but hubby says, "glitter looks glitter, not sugar". We agreed to disagree (giggle)
Hoping this photo shows the glitter laden scenery along the gumdrop roof, the snowy tiles, details along the eaves and snow covered yard - all coated with berry, bubblegum or clear glitter:
Jan's set also comes several darling gingerbread people to be used as accessories on your projects, are by themselves. The sentiment and the border are both popped up dimensionally:
Hop on over and share your latest projects with us.
We love seeing your inspiring pretties!
- Jan's Digi Stamps - NEW - Holiday Gingerbread #3235J
- FREEBIE SENTIMENT on the sign made to go specifically with this set. If you buy the Gingerbread set, this sentiment will fit on the blank sign.
- Dies: Sue Wilson Italian Collection Umbria, Tutti Snowglobe Expressions, Martha Stewart Scallop border punch
- Colored with Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Spun Sugar Distress ink, Victorian Velvet Distress ink
- Glitter: Clear, Pale Pink, Dark Pink
- Paper: Express-it White, Pink, Burgundy
- Crafty Friends Challenges #124 Anything Goes 12/13
- My Time to Craft #411 Christmas Scene 12/13
- Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #149 Y is for Yummy 12/13
- A Bit More Time to Craft #105 Anything Goes 12/15
- Classic Design Team Open Challenge #12 AG DT 1/1