So glad you are here to witness it (giggling).
We now have a new Facebook Group where you can upload your Lavinia cards. It is called ANYTHING LAVINIA. The blog Lavinia World Challenge is an Anything Goes theme with any brand of clear or rubber stamps (no digitals). The Facebook Group Anything Lavinia is also an anything goes theme, but permits only projects made using any Lavinia Products.
Our beloved DT Coordinator and my dear friend,
challenged me to do a CAS card, because she knows I've never been able to make one. So today's card is CAS - but it was not simple for me to make. (giggling) After 2 tries, and 3 backgrounds, I just went for whatever happened.
I spritzed water onto 4.25" x 5.5" cold pressed watercolor paper. The glass Work Surface was dabbed with two colors of Oxide inks and also spritzed with water. The paper was smooshed on top of the watered-down ink, and dried with a heat gun. (PS on the third try I dropped my ink pad twice, but decided to use the background anyway.)
Dragon Verse was stamped with Distress Peacock Feathers ink, stamped off once on scrap paper, and then stamped on top of the background.
Fairytale (fairy) was stamped with VersaFine Clair Cheerful Yellow and heat set with white detail embossing powder. I use the VFC because the image is superior than any other ink and it gives complete coverage.
Using a ruler and a Sakura Quickie Glue Pen I made two intersecting straight lines for visual interest, and heat set them with more white detail EP:
Shown above, her wings are colored with Zig #4 FL Green and Zig #42 Turquoise Green brush markers. The closest wing was slightly cut out to fit atop the white aperture. Also shown above, the Once Upon a Dream image was stamped with VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink and heat set with black with black detail EP that contains silver mica powder. The "splatter" of the black sentiment is actually part of the sentiment - it is distressed for us already.
Card Assembly: Die cat 4.5" x 5.75" white cardstock with choice of aperture die. Attach the color panel to the back to the frame. Cut the vellum strip and place the sentiment, folding the ends behind the white aperture. Use white "fun foam" and adhere to back of finished layer. Attach to white 4.75" x 6" card base:
Here is the front with a white background (hard to photograph white on white):
- Lavinia World Dragon Verse LAV555
- Lavinia World Fairytale (fairy) LAV389
- Lavinia World Once Upon a Dream LAV520
- Inks: VersaFine Clair Cheerful Yellow (image), VersaFine Clair Nocturne, Oxide Mermaid Lagoon, Oxide Cracked Pistachio, Distress Peacock Feathers
- Embossing Powders: Detail White and black with black mica powder
- Die: SB Labels Four (aperture)
- Zig #4 FL Green, Zig #42 Turquoise Green brush markers
- Paper: Cold Pressed Watercolor, White, Vellum
- Sakura Quickie Glue Pen (for diagonal lines) with white EP
- The Fairy and the Unicorn Challenge (Nov 2) AG Fantasy 12/7
- Pammie's Inky Pinkies #1946 AG 11/25
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #118 AG 12/1
- A Bit More Time to Craft #104 AG 12/1 (sep post)
- Classic DT Open Challenge #11 AG DT 12/1 (sep post)
- Love to Craft Challenge Blog #40 AG 12/1 (sep post)
- Creative Crafters #22 AG 12/15
- Country View Challenges Nov "Hand Stamped" 12/14 (sep post)