where we love to celebrate any project with a critter on it! Critters include mythical creatures, animal toys and everything alive (except humans and flora)!
Our very generous sponsor this month is:
TPS The Paper Shelter
Her wonderful characters exhibit such a kindness and sweetness to them.
My card features the darling "Holy Night" digital set, including background.
I felt like doing something in a Vintage Style.
After dragging the focal image onto the background in the word processor, I flipped the entire thing horizontally so they were facing the opposite direction.
The sentiment is one I made, and am gifting it to my followers below.
In addition, I duplicated the focal image and sentiment so they could be fussy cut separately, and popped up for dimension.
Above, on a separate word processing document, I dragged 2 of the backgrounds to it, and sized them to be slightly taller than the scene on the first page. To elongate the card (making it 5x7), simply "overlay" one of the backgrounds onto the other, matching up the borders so they look continuous.
The Vintage frame needed a little help with the busy background, so I die cut a larger piece, embossed it with a very pale gold EP containing mica powder, and heat set:
- Adhere Decorative frame to embossed panel.
- Adhere die cut image to framed panel.
- Adhere die cut inner frame on top of image panel.
- The card probably would be beautiful just like the bottom photo!
The background would be lovely all by itself with a sentiment.
Fussy cut one of those trees, make an extended background, pop up the fussy cut tree where the border overlaps, and put a sentiment or the lovely girl on the right.
But I placed the framed focal image panel on the background:
After inking the edges of the fussy cut pieces, the sentiment and focal image were popped up:
Gold Wink of Stella was placed around the dark card base. Clear Wink of Stella was placed on the white trees in the back ground, and more Pale Gold EP edges the background panel:
Wishing you all the joys of November!
- TPS The Paper Shelter "Holy Night" digital set, including background
- Other: White Cardstock, Chocolate Brown Cardstock, Clear and Gold Wink of Stella, Tea Dye Distress Ink, Pale Gold Embossing Powder
- The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #59 AG Christmas 11/9 (sep post)
- Crafty Catz Challenge #481 AG-Snow 11/8
- A Bit More Time To Craft #103 AG (sep post) 11-16
- Merry Little Christmas Challenge #16 AG Christmas 12/1 (sep post 12/5)
- Animal Friends Challenge #80 (Nov) Reindeer 12/1
- Pearly Sparkles Challenge #46 Christmas 12/1