Jumping Up and Down and Waving Hello to You!
It's a special day today, not only because you have stopped by, not only because the day is full of possibilities, but because it is time for another Lavinia World Challenge!
Mr. Mooch Kitty is under Fairy Forager's Spell during the celebration of the Pink Equinox:
a $15 gift certificate to the Lavinia World store.
Just click on any of the photo to enlarge them:
The Fairy and Slender Mushrooms were stamped in VFC Fantasia Purple, while the "fairy dust" (Stars Mini) was stamped with VFC Purple Delight (it's between pink and purple).
At the bottom of the above photo are "layers" of glittered grasses. I also used a glue pen and applied dark purple glitter to the black area in a few streaks.
Since using the Lavinia World Scenescapes, I've accidentally learned something regarding VersaFine Clair ink, Glitter, and the cardstock used for the Scenescapes.
Apply glitter ONLY where you want it BECAUSE - even if the VFC is heat set, glitter will still adhere to it. Not sure if it happens on regular cardstock - it's something I need to experiment with, but my last 4 cards using the LW Scenescapes and VFC inks have grabbed the glitter. The big specks of glitter will brush away, but the oil-based pigment in VFC apparently adheres the smallest glitter particles. You can see what I mean below. I held the camera so the light reflected off the paper and ink. The mushrooms on the right are "glittered" unintentionally. While I did brush off the kitty, and even scraped with my finger nail, Mooch's tail and "bottom" grabbed the glitter. If anything, it is a happy condition if you like glitter (if you love fairies, SURELY you love glitter!).
Click to make photo larger if you wish to inspect it.
Try glitter on some of your cards that use VFC - it only works with loose glitters:
Finally, the finished Card
(I know, I know -- you are sighing with relief!)
Lastly, I stamped the interior of the card in black after printing a cute sentiment:
- Lavinia World Pink Equinox Scenescape
- Lavinia World Mooch Kitty LAV404
- Lavinia World Mini Leaf 2 LAV265
- Lavinia World Fairy Dust is like Love LAV024
- Lavinia World Fairy Foragers LAV498
- Lavinia World Slender Mushrooms Mini LAV151
- Lavinia World Stars Mini LAV152
- VersaFine Clair Nocturne, Purple Delight, Charming Pink, Fantasia Purple
- Punch: MS Flourish Lace PATP
- Dies: Impression Obsession: Grass 308J, Small Grass 178C
- Other: White Pen, Lavender Glitter, Purple Glitter, Pink EP with Glitter, Purple EP with Glitter, Purple Cardstock, Black Cardstock
- Crafty Friends Challenge #121 Embossing-Wet or Dry (the leaves are embossed with EP containing glitters)(Pink EP with Glitter, Purple EP with Glitter) 11/2
- The Fairy and Unicorn Challenge (Oct 5) AG Fantasy 11/2
- My Time to Craft #408 "Halloween or Cats" 11/1
- Stamping Sensations (Oct 6) Trees and/or Leaves and/or Autumn 11/1
- Sweet Stampin' (Oct 19) Creatures 11/2 (sep post)
- Unicorn Challenge #48 Pretty In Pink 11/1 (sep post)
- Double D Challenges (Oct 16) Silhouettes 11/4 (sep post)
- Craft Rocket Challenges #64 Pink 10-27 (sep post)
- Creative Knockouts #321 Wet or Dry Embossing (10-31 top left side bar)