Yesterday a Cold Front moved through our area, and the daily temps dipped down into the 70s (22-24C)! FOR ONE DAY.
Maybe Autumn will visit us later in the month.
Today begins a new Lavinia World Challenge!
After die cutting the SW frame, the panel was dry embossed while still in the die, and then distressed with Blueprint and Chipped Sapphire ink, keeping the die itself in place.
Sebastian was stamped with VersaFine Clair Blue Belle and heat embossed with a clear embossing powder that also contained glitter. The photo gives you a glimpse of the sparkle:
Sea Bubbles and Sea Creatures were stamped off on scrap paper, and then stamped into the background with Weathered Wood Distress Ink. Shaded Lilac was distressed around the edges of the frame for a soft lavender cast. Then I used a cue tip applicator with Lavender Pearlescent Brilliance ink all around the Seahorse, achieving a textured shadow:
He is a gloriously mystical, magical creature!
The blue panel was adhered to a lavender panel to bring out the purple tones:
- Lavinia World Sebastian the Seahorse
- Lavinia World Uni-Ball Pen Signo Gel - white (on nose and belly)
- Lavinia World VersaFine Clair Blue Belle
- Lavinia World Sea Bubbles (background)
- Lavinia World Sea Creatures (fish in background)
- Dies: Sue Wilson Spanish Granada (outline), Sue Wilson Spanish Seville (decorative frame)
- Inks: Brilliance Ink Lavender Pearlescent, and Distress inks - Blueprint, Shaded Lilac, Weathered Wood, Chipped Sapphire
- Other: Clear Detail EP that contains glitter, white, blue, lilac papers.
Challenges I'd like to play in please:
- Scrapyland #125 AG with SL dies (2 sets SW Spanish Collection) 11/21 (sep post)
- Crafty Animals #32 AG with an Animal (I used a seahorse and fish) 12/1 (sep post)
- World Wide Open DT Challenge #10 (technique- wet & dry embossing, distressing, glittering, stamping foreground and background) 11/15 (sep post)
- Artsy Stamper Digitals #3 Monochromatic 11/18 (sep post)
- The House that Stamps Built #N619 "Frame It" 12/4 (bottom of post)
- Addicted to Stamps #366 Anything Goes 11/12
- Country View Challenges Nov "Hand Stamped" 12/14