My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Sparkle N Sprinkle October Release

Hello, Blogging Friends!

Welcome to the 

Sparkle N Sprinkle October Stamps Blog Hop

This month SNS is featuring five new specialty stamp sets suitable for:

* the men in your life, 
* the country-lovers and farmers you know, 
* those who enjoy fishing (great sentiments!) 
* and workers who wear scrubs or work in the Navy Nurse Corps.
* There is also a beautiful Autumn Nature set.

Enjoy!



Lovely as a LeafRubber Stamp Set and Digital Set
Fish Whisperer - Rubber Stamp Set and Digital Set (extra sentiment)
Farm Fresh #1 - Tractors - Rubber Stamp Set and Digital Set
Farm Fresh #2 - Cows - Rubber Stamp Set and Digital Set
Navy Nurse Corps - Digital Stamp Set
(sentiments may be suitable for any of your scrub-wearing friends!)

SNS digital stamps include JPG and PNG images, and often have additional sentiments and papers.

All the new digital and rubber stamp sets are 20% during their debut from October 15 - 20.

BUT THIS MONTH WE ARE CELEBRATING:

20% OFF ALL SNS RUBBER STAMP SETS IN THE STORE

PLUS20% OFF TONIC STAMP PLATFORM.

Just use the code STAMPING20 at checkout to receive your discount.

On October 18th, ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER will be selected from the comments left on the Designers' blogs listed above. Please leave a comment with each Designer in order to be eligible for the Grand Prize.  It's a Mystery as to which Designer will have the winning comment on her blog.

The Grand Prize Winner, who will be announced on the SNS Facebook page and the SNS Blog, will receive ALL of the new rubber stamp sets revealed this month.

Gus the Fish Whisperer inspired my easel card:


I colored Gus with Copic Markers. This rendition of Gus is available as a colored image with the Digital Set. The digital set also comes with a black-and-white image, and two colored versions - one with the blue background and one without, plus an extra sentiment.

First I crimped some tan and blue cardstock, and die cut the grass. I also added additional weeds and grass around Gus's feet with Copic G07 and Copic Multi Marker in Olive.


To coordinate the card, I also cropped the cat tails and the fish hanging from Gus's line. After copying and pasting the fish several times, two panels were cut and distressed as "matching" designer paper. Placing the cropped images on my word processor allowed me to flip the cat tails horizontally and frame the PNG sentiment. The tiny fish was copy and pasted repeatedly to make the "printed papers" for the top and bottom of the easel card:





Even the sentiment alone makes for a great card:



Ivory colored cardstock was used to frame the layered panels and as the base of the easel:

Receive the Lovely as a Leaf stamp set, and create a gorgeous glitter bow with cording.




These products are included in your kit:




Please join us in our monthly Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge group on Facebook. The challenges run from the 1st of the month through the 25th. Please use one or more SNS images (rubber or digital) - and if you don't already have SNS stamps in your stash, SNS offers a few freebies here. No blog is necessary. A Winner and Top Three are posted on the last day of each month. The winner receives a $15 Gift Certificate to the on-line store. Come join the fun! We love seeing what you do with SNS products.

Blog Hop Order this month is:

Jess
Belinda
Diane
Eret
Shona
Donna
Chris


Products Used:
Challenges I'd like to play in please:
  1. 613 Avenue Create #202 Anything Goes with Masculine Card 11/5
  2. Aud Sentiments #190 "Use A Die Cut and A Sentiment 10/15 (sep post)
  3. DREAM VALLEY CHALLENGES #165 ONE FOR THE BOYS 10/21 (sep post)
  4. Sunny Day Crafting #56 "O is for Oval" 10/16
  5. Always Fun Challenges #27 Lots of Layers (each ivory frame is also a layer) 10/16
  6. Artistic Inspiration Challenges #187 Anything Goes Plus Use Cool Colors (I have used a lot of cool blue tones in this card) 10/16
  7. Classic Design Team Open Challenge Anything for a DT Card Goes 11/1



Stamping Hugs,



46 comments:

Bunny said...

I love Gus. Fabulous card. You did a great job cropping and making something special. Brilliant card! [Bunny]

Verna Angerhofer said...

Gus is a great image and so many awesome sentiments too. I love your easel card and all the fun elements you added to make it so sensational!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Yep! You did it again! Love your fun Gus version! I thought you had used the digital, but I see you colored with Copics - he looks amazing. Love the idea of an easel card, especially the gorgeous fishy panel! Such a great make Donna!

Anne Temple said...

Great job Donna. Love your design; it makes me want to find my crimper :-)

Mia said...

Absolutely amazing card, Donna! Funny image, beautiful stamps and details!!!

BHess said...

Adorable. Love how you cut and pasted it to make the paper!!

Arteconpapelmaderaehilos said...

Fantastic card! Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Maritza DT for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/......

Sandy said...

Love your Gus card! You did a great job utilising the computer to create your paper and get the images where you wanted them too. Fabulous!!!!
Thanks also for popping in to my blog and leaving me a comment as well,
Hugs, Sandy

Sue said...

Hi Donna, Fab card.

Hope you have a lovely day. Sue

Beebeebabs said...

Such a nice card and layout - Gus is so cute and you did a great job with old Gus - thanks for sharing and have a great week my friend!!!

Patti L. said...

Beautiful card! Love the combination of the colors

brenda said...

A totally delightful fun creation and such a nice layout, always love an easel card Donna.

Have a good Sunday.

B x

sarascloset said...

Good Morning, Donna! Do you know I've had your blog open on my computer for over 24 hours and I just didn't have a minute to even peek, so now I'm just starting from here and working my back to try and catch up this month, and possibly last! I don't even know where to time has gone. (Oh, but I do!)

Now onto your card! Gus cracks me up--he looks exactly like the man at Lowes who has been 'helping' us find a suitable refrigerator to fit our crazy kitchen layout and our cooling needs. I love how you've colored him and your card design is fabulous!

Now, I have just enough time to look at one more of your awesome creations! Sending hugs your way!

KarinsArtScrap said...

cute and fantastic card Donna
Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Donna this is a wonderful card I love the image and the papers you have used. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Eret said...

Your card is amazing Donna! I love all the layers and your digital elements. So creative card! And your coloring of the image is stunning as always.
Hugs
Eret

Chris said...

Brilliant easel card Donna, love gus, he's such a character and I love how you created your own paper with the tiny fish ...so clever!
Chris
x

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

Gorgeous! I love all the dimension and colors. That crimped paper really pulls everything together, and I love the clean lines on this. Great idea to copy & flip the cattails, and to create that fish patterned paper for your background. Everything is wonderful. I love the bold and muted colors too. Everything is perfect.

Loose Stitches said...

Gorgeous creation Donna, wonderful coloring of Gus! I love your crimped papers, added grass, how you created the sentiment and paper, color combo and design! Fabulously put together! :)
Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word, I love it! You did such a great job with manipulating the image to get the most out of it. Digis can be so much fun! Fantastic card, Donna!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, this is so fun, Donna!! I love the adorable image!! The details you added, the layers, the design, it's stunning!! Gorgeous, my friend!! I love, love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sue Bug said...

I like the stamp set. Also all your ideas to put your card together. I've never used digital stamps. They are really unique. Thanks again for your great ideas.

pam said...

Not much left for me to say Donna! all been said before me.. Fantastic card my dear friend, amazing colouring and fantastic layout! with a brilliant image.
Hugs Pam x

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Love the layout, layering and the grass in the front of it all. Great card!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness this is just fabulous, your coloring is just perfection, love the great design you came up with the easel card, love the wavy embossed background to go with a fishing theme, great sentiments!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is SO cute, Donna. I love the colors and that adorable image. You really ROCKED the new Sparkle & Sprinkle release.
Blessings,
Karen Letchworth
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This is so cool, and has so many great textures and great folds. I love your style, and I thank you for inspiring us all with the new release stamps. You're so talented.
Sierra

Me said...

Nice coloring job

Janice said...

A fabulous easel card! Gus is quite a character, not one I've met before ;-)
A great combination of texture and layers and as always, your colouring is incredible!
Janice x

Valerija said...

Amazing and sweet card Donna.
The sentiment is perfect with this great and fun image.

Donna Phelan said...

Fantastic card! From your perfectly colored images to the FUN sentiments! Love the grasses and little fishes too! This is just AWESOME! Wonderful masculine card!

Diane said...

Wonderfully creative scene with all the layers and details, your work always inspires me to do better!! Loving the entire design, and yep the crimped paper too!!

Christi said...

What a fun and fabulous card! I love the colors and all the layers. Thank you for the inspiration and for sharing your wonderful art! New follower here and on you tube!

Becky said...

Oh. My gosh. How cute is Gus! This card is adorable

NanaConnie said...

Gus is fantastic all dressed up in his fishing gear. I'll have to grab him because my SIL and my son are both great fishermen (or they think they are!) Love the sentiment, my friend. :-D

Keen Crafter's Hand Made Goodies said...

This is a great project love the image Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Michelle DT Owner/Admin for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

Unknown said...

I like that you used the fish portion to create your own design paper. Cute touch.

aussie aNNie said...

Cute n fun card De, great project.x [aNNie]

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a gorgeous fun filled creation sweetie. Love that pretty sentiment too.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Sue said...

Oh my, Donna, what a fun and delightful card! Love the fish paper you created, your coloring on the image and the awesome easel card with this darling image and sentiments!! Seems I remember that as a kid when we went fishing (my Mom loved to fish) I caught just about the same size fish as Gus!!
Another beautiful card, with so many details that a fun to look at and enjoy.

Hugs
Sue

Furrbster said...

I love the way you have used al the various elements to make this card - and the sentiment is just perfect!

Thanks for playing along at Aud Sentiments,

Hugz Tinz

Pia S said...

The way you've used this set is inspiring, love the idea of making your own paper and decorations using parts of the image and the card has a super layout as welll.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and image Donna great easel card and sentiment too-love how you made the bait B.paper
Carol x

Lori Kobular said...

Gus reminds me of my father! He loved to fish! But I'm not sure which he caught more of beers or fish!! Such a fun card!

cotnob said...

A super card Donna, such a fabulous Gus image and brilliant design - so many great details.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Ania said...

Lovely!

Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Ania DT