Hello, Blogging Friends! It's great to see you again.
In case I do not say it often enough - I am SO GRATEFUL for your friendship!
There's a new challenge at Cardz 4 Galz Challenges today!
My color theme is Autumn Brown Tones.
Today's card is another "different-for-me" technique with the moistened paper being rolled, and lots of distressing.
The pearlized dark chocolate brown cardstock is dry embossed and further enriched with goldish specks. The holly flourish was also die cut using that cardstock.
The pretty Stampendous Cling Snowy Postcard rubber stamp has been stamped on Neenah White Cardstock with Timber Brown Staz-On ink.
All the other papers are a neutral ivory color with distressing, including Nuvo Cosmic Brown Embellishment Mousse.
The mousse was used on one of the die cuts in the lower left corner, part of the image for shimmer, and on one of the torn background panels to achieve more pearlized brown tones.
I used Merry Monday Christmas Card Club's sketch as part of my inspiration:
I like being able to frugally place the more expensive papers in the Stamp Platform and eek out every little bit. It doesn't matter what size the paper is. Because I am Staz-On ink challenged, I needed to restamp this image five times. I was so grateful to be able to finally use the Staz-On, however, because I wanted to color with distress inks:
A little vintage lace, and the vintage Season's Greetings for the post card.
Thanks for popping by today!
And be sure to add your pretty monochromatic project to the
- Stampendous Cling Snowy Postcard rubber stamp
- Dies: Tonic English Picnic, Cheery Lynn Holly Lace Flourish, Die Versions "Season's Greetings" Sweet Wordlets
- Nuvo Cosmic Brown Embellishment Mousse
- Tonic Stamp Platform
- Inks: Staz-On Timber Brown, Memento Rich Cocoa, Distress inks Tea Dye, Antique Linen, Aged Mahogany, Walnut Stain
- Paper: Neenah White, Pearlized Brown, Ivory
- Embossing Folder: Crafters Companion Elegant Snowfall, Craftwell Modern Stripes
Challenges Playing In:
- The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #16 Anything Christmas Goes 10/15 (sep post) 15C
- Christmas Cards All Year Round (Oct 1) Christmas in Monochromatic Browns 11/1 (bottom of post)
- Classic DT Open Challenge (#17) Anything DT Goes 11/1 (sep post)
- Pammie's Inky Pinkies #1471 Anything Goes 10-16 (sep post)
- Monochrome Magic #5 Anything Monochrome 11/1
- Kerst/Christmas Challenges #10 Anything Christmas Goes 11/1 (sep album)
- Winter Wonderland Challenge Blog (Sept 27) Anything Christmas Goes 10/27 (sep post 11-3)
- Merry Monday Christmas Challenge #260 Sketch 10/15 (sep post)