My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Monochromatic Challenge at Cardz 4 Galz - Stampendous


Hello, Blogging Friends! It's great to see you again.
  In case I do not say it often enough - I am SO GRATEFUL for your friendship!

There's a new challenge at Cardz 4 Galz Challenges today!


Badges are awarded for the Spotlight Winner and Top Picks.


Challenge #58 is chosen by designer CHRIS - and the theme is:

  MONOCHROMATIC  

show us your Paper Crafting projects using any technique and medium, 
AS LONG AS IT USES A SINGLE COLOR FAMILY!
Challenge ends on OCTOBER 25th.

My color theme is Autumn Brown Tones.

Today's card is another "different-for-me" technique with the moistened paper being rolled, and lots of distressing.

The pearlized dark chocolate brown cardstock is dry embossed and further enriched with goldish specks. The holly flourish was also die cut using that cardstock. 

The pretty Stampendous Cling Snowy Postcard rubber stamp has been stamped on Neenah White Cardstock with Timber Brown Staz-On ink.

All the other papers are a neutral ivory color with distressing, including Nuvo Cosmic Brown Embellishment Mousse

The mousse was used on one of the die cuts in the lower left corner, part of the image for shimmer, and on one of the torn background panels to achieve more pearlized brown tones.






I used Merry Monday Christmas Card Club's sketch as part of my inspiration:

I like being able to frugally place the more expensive papers in the Stamp Platform and eek out every little bit. It doesn't matter what size the paper is. Because I am Staz-On ink challenged, I needed to restamp this image five times. I was so grateful to be able to finally use the Staz-On, however, because I wanted to color with distress inks:






A little vintage lace, and the vintage Season's Greetings for the post card.

Thanks for popping by today!

And be sure to add your pretty monochromatic project to the


Products Used::

Challenges Playing In:

  1. The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #16 Anything Christmas Goes 10/15 (sep post) 15C
  2. Christmas Cards All Year Round (Oct 1) Christmas in Monochromatic Browns 11/1 (bottom of post)
  3. Classic DT Open Challenge (#17) Anything DT Goes 11/1 (sep post)
  4. Pammie's Inky Pinkies #1471 Anything Goes 10-16 (sep post)
  5. Monochrome Magic #5 Anything Monochrome 11/1
  6. Kerst/Christmas Challenges  #10 Anything Christmas Goes 11/1 (sep album)
  7. Winter Wonderland Challenge Blog (Sept 27) Anything Christmas Goes 10/27 (sep post 11-3)
  8. Merry Monday Christmas Challenge #260 Sketch 10/15 (sep post)






Stamping Hugs,

38 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Donna this is a stunning card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Chris said...

A beautiful card with a wonderful vintage style. Fabulous stamp, papers and L/O, the distressing and the lovely rich earth tones add to the vintage feel.
I hope you're feeling better now.
hugs
Chris
x

Linda Vich said...

Donna, I love your card! Very vintage and all the little details—lace, curled paper, distressing—really make it a winner!

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Stunning ! I have this fabulous stamp , wonderful image !

Linda said...

Donna, this is another absolutely stunning card!

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous Christmas card Donna! Beautiful image and I love the rolled, distress edges!
Hugs, Tammy

Beebeebabs said...

Wow another beautiful card - love the beautiful die cut and post card background and lace are such a nice touch - another great creation thanks for sharing!!

Lori Kobular said...

Oh my goodness Donna!! This card is so gorgeous! I love that postcard stamp, it is really very nice. I like the way you inked everything, it reminds me of when I did decoupage and I would burn the edges of the paper. Much safer using ink now! I love all that glorious rich brown card, so earthy!

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Donna this is stunning! I love everything about this wonderful work of art!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Pat K said...

Stunning vintage card Donna...I love it. Thanks for playing along with us at Winter Wonderland. Pat K x

Valerija said...

Wow, amazing vintage card. I just love it! Great job Donna.
Valerija xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Soooo beautiful ! You are a master of so many styles Donna....hats off to you!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is a very beautiful card Donna
Gr Karin

Bunny said...

This is fabulous, Donna. I love the monochromatic and the vintage look. Beautiful lace. [Bunny]

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh you know what a sucker I am for a vintage palette! Your distressing and light metallic touches are absolutely stunning! I adore this card and am so inspired now! Big hugs, Autumn

Sue said...

Wow, Donna, your card is stunning. LOVE the vintage feel to the card, and your beautiful embellishments. Lace is a special touch that just adds to that feeling that you just took a long ago card out of a drawer of memories. So pretty.

Hugs
Sue

pam said...

Gorgeous card design Donna, love this beautiful image, must get mine out this year lol.
wonderful colours you have used.
Hugs Pam x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a lovely vintage scene - just love the lace too! Thanks for playing along with us at Merry Monday!!

Loose Stitches said...

Oh my goodness Donna, your card is gorgeous! I love the vintage look and every detail! Now I want to dig out my stuff and make some snow scenes. :)
Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

Nana said...

A beautiful card. Reminds me of a Currier & Ives painting.

Conniecrafter said...

Wow that is just outstanding, love all the distressing, great vintage image and the holly is a terrific way to frame it all!
Isn't it wonderful with these stamping platforms, now I just need to start converting my wood stamps to cling stamps.

Abfabdesigns said...

Do you no what Donna. Every card you do is a different style you amaze me you certainly don't get caught in a rut your cards are amazing every time. It's always a pleasure to visit your posts.
This card is amazing love this style very much (, must try )
Xxxxx

Lisa J said...

This is stunning. Thanks for playing along with me this month. Lisa Monochrome Magic

Becky said...

I love the vintage look and feel. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing.

Linda said...

What a lovely vintage card using our sketch at Merry Monday. Thanks for joining us.

Leslie Miller said...

Absolutely beautiful, Donna! All those layers and parts you treated with such special care to make them more gorgeous than a monochromatic card could ever hope to be. I'm in awe. Wow!

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Donna, a fabulous vintage design and lovely warm tones.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Donna...gorgeous.
Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Chrissy DT   http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...



crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card Donna I love this stamp and the distressed edges
Carol x

Ina G said...

Donna you always turn out the most amazing cards and this is yet another one. So many beautiful elements added and with such stunning results. Really really LOVE this one.

Robyn Oliver said...

Gorgeous card Donna, fabulous stamp and colouring

LOU said...

Beautiful card Donna. Love the image.
Thanks so much for joining us at Winter Wonderland. Hope to see you again soon.
Lou DT xo

Jackie C said...

Super impressed with this. My manky hands can't hold stamps anymore at the TH platform is a godsend! Thanks for sharing with us at The Holly & The Ivy, Jackie DT member. Do come back again xxx

Hazel said...

You've used one of my favourite stamps - beautiful card. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for CCAYR October challenge, Hazel, DT – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too x

Notes by Nina said...

Stunning vintage style card, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

NanaConnie said...

Absolutely stunning, my friend! I love the vintage look and the sepia tones. The bit of lace and the die cut vines are wonderful.

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CARDS ALL YEAR ‘ROUND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! *If this comment is late I apologize! I’m having major issues lately trying to leave comments due to the stupid ROBOT silliness!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Planetsusie said...

Oooh Happy Birthday Donna!!! I've got a DT hat on today and I'm so pleased to say how lovely this card is - I've got this stamp and it really is perfect for monochrome cards. The lace and die cuts really are perfect for your creations. Thank you for entering the CCAYR (Monochrome Browns) Challenge this month. Lots of luck and I hope we see you again soon. Hugs Sue Pxxx DT