My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Monday, February 24, 2020

BLOGGER TIP - CHANGE YOUR FONT STYLE AND SIZE


Did you know that font size and style affects who actually reads your blog posts? 

The smaller your font, 
               the more difficult it is to read, 
                             slowing down readers of all ages. 

The larger the font size, 
               the more easily visitors can read your blog
                          and the more quickly they can read it.

But more importantly,
               the larger the font size,
                          the more likely visitors are to actually read
                          what you write.

Did you know you can permanently change your blog post fonts, and still be able to manually manipulate them if you want to?

CHANGING THE FONT SIZE ON YOUR BLOG

Go to the draft side of your blog...
  1. If you contribute to more than one blog, be sure the correct blog has been chosen.
  2. On the left, click on THEME.
  3. When the THEME Window pops up, you will see what your blog looks like “Live on Blog” and what it looks like on “Mobile” devices.
  4. Under LIVE ON BLOG is an orange tab that says CUSTOMIZE.
  5. Click Customize.
  6. You are now on the BLOGGER THEME DESIGNER page.
  7. On the left, choose ADVANCED.
  8. In the column immediately to the right, at the top, is the option PAGE TEXT. Select it.
  9. To the right you will see FONT choices. There are 7 universal fonts at the top, and several more decorative Web Fonts under. You may choose any of those fonts. Keep in mind that the “fancier” the font is, the more difficult it is to read for international visitors, and for people with eye problems.
  10. Choose your font by clicking one time on it to highlight it.
  11. Under those choices, you also have the options to “bold” it or “Italicize” the font.
  12. Next to the B and I is a number. Try choosing anywhere from 16 to 24. If the number you want is not available, you may manually type it in, and Blogger will automatically adjust the font to that size.
  13. If you have a blog with a colored background, You might consider changing the color of your text to WHITE or a very pale choice.
  14. Just above the gray bar where all your choices are, on the top right side, is an orange button that says APPLY TO BLOG. Click that.
  15. Then you can go back to blogger, and check out your blog. You may change your fonts, styles and sizes as often as you like.


NOTE: when typing your draft in Blogger, it will automatically appear as chosen TIMES font. Any time you want to correct a font issue in your post (especially as a result of copy-and-paste from a document), simply highlight the portion of text you are working on. Then go up to the tool line (to the right of the “COMPOSE/HTML” words. You’ll see 2 curved arrows, and then a “F” (for FONT). Click on F and select DEFAULT FONT. To the right of F is “T” for sizing. Click on that and choose NORMAL. Now your selected writing will be in your chosen font style and size. 

I hope this helps!
hugs,
de



16 comments:

Lori m said...

Great tips and tutorial Donna, with my old eyes many blogs are harder to read as mine was also I'm sure. Hugs, Lori m

Linda Simpson said...

Thank you for the tips Donna :)
Hugs
Linda xxx

Shona Erlenborn said...

Thanks Donna! I tried it and the page text doesn't get bigger but the left and right columns do!! Oh well! I know it is operator error!

Donna Ellis said...

You likely clicked on the wrong option then, Shona. Instead of Page Text, you probably highlighted something else. LOL hugs, de

Glennis F said...

Going away on holiday, but will try this when I get back. I certainly find some blogs hard to read when the font is too small and seems grey instead of black

*Vicki* said...

Thanks for the wonderful tips!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great tips but I think I like my blog the way it is now with the larger print I added some time ago. At least I hope it is okay and that readers can see it better.

Mac Mable said...

Donna you are always so helpful and so knowledgeable and I truly appreciate it.....Thank you for sharing too x.

cotnob said...

A great post Donna, thank you for the information.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Monica said...

This is so helpful, Donna. Thanks for always being such an angel at all times. I may just increase the font of my posts. And now I know exactly how to do it.

Lots of love,

Monica

Donna Phelan said...

Thanks for the info! I go back and forth sometimes lol Luckily you can always change the size of your own screen, these old eyes have done that from time to time! ;)

Bunny said...

Thanks for the great tip. It is much appreciated. [Bunny]

Conniecrafter said...

Oh aren't you so sweet to very simply explain how to do this, I have been changing it every time I write a post and that is such a pain because half the time I notice I have forgotten to do it, and I totally agree I have gone to a few blogs were the type has been way to small to see even on my big screen computer, thanks for the tutorial!!!

pam said...

Thank you for the blog post Donna, really appreciate you doing this.
Hugs Pam x

cuilliesocks said...

Thank you so much for this post Donna, so very helpful, you are a wizard in finding these things out, Kate x

Donna said...

I love when you educate me! Thanks Donna!