My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Thursday, January 30, 2020

Lavinia World 19 - The Magical Moments of Laundry

Greetings! A Hearty Welcome to all my friends and visitors!
I have two cards today done in similar techniques but the stamps are used in different ways.


It is time for a new
Lavinia World Challenge!

Details of our Lavinia World ChallengeWinner receives
a $15 gift certificate to the Lavinia World store. Submissions can be placed either on our Lavinia World Challenge blog which has an ANYTHING GOES theme using ANY brand clear or rubber stamp - no digitals. Or you may play in our friendly Facebook Group called Anything Lavinia if using ANY Lavinia Product in your creationEither way, we enjoy seeing your artwork!


Story Line:
I am at Freya's House, helping with laundry today.
Even in doing the mundane things such as laundry, I find

  the magic of gratitude 

in my day's moments.
Each accomplished feat is a moment of Life, and Life is where the Magic happens!


To make Freya's House:

Begin with lavender cardstock to pick up the other lavender elements in Scenescape Woodland Walk background paper. Stamp with Twilight VersaFine Clair to make a purple-blue inky color and heat set with clear EP that contains glitter. Distress with purple and pink dye base inks. With Prismacolor pencils (not watercolor), shade certain areas in white, pale green, gray and pale pink. (these pale colors will show up atop the dark ink colors).

I used the green celadon pencil, to make the lavender paper and green celadon pick up the colors in the Scenescape. For a little more detail, use PC1008 and PC932 in purple/pink tones.



Before stamping on the Scenescape, arrange your stamps to be sure they fit:



With CARD ONE, the sweet Snail  helped us by chasing away unwanted critters - because WE ALL KNOW SNAILS ARE SO FAST ON THEIR FEET.

I positioned this card for the photography to keep most of the shine off the house - you can see the house's detail clearly:



Bubbles were stamped and glittered for more interest. Both cards were distressed with a combination of Twilight VersaFine Clair and Purple Delight VersaFine Clair BECAUSE I wanted distinct colors to show in the distressing - not just a flat purple against the green. The Scenescape was distressed with Twilight VersaFine Clair and heat set with purple EP that contains glitter:




When the light hits right, the house is quite glitzy and fun:


CARD TWO has a Popped-UP house to bring more dimension to the scene:


Interior of the Cards:

(please get this freebie sentiment here)





Some of the Lavinia World Products Used:


Products Used:
Lavinia World Freya's House LAV365
Lavinia World Bubbles LAV351
Lavinia World Believe in Magic LAV344
Lavinia World Fairy Washing Line LAV205
Lavinia World Slender Mushrooms LAV151
Lavinia World Snail Miniature LAV433
Lavinia World Twilight VersaFine Clair, Purple Delight VersaFine Clair
Lavinia World Distress Oxides - Shaded Lilac, Wilted Violet
Embossing Powders: Clear EP with Glitter, Purple with Purple Glitter
Glitters: Bubbles in a pale lavender blend, and a pale purple blend
Other Inks: Adirondack Wild Plum and Purple Twilight

Challenges I'd like to support please:

  1. World Wide Open DT Challenge #1 AG DT 2/12
  2. Always Fun Challenges #147 Sparkle! 2/1 (the laundry "bubbles" all have glitter, the frames are purple glitter in EP - clear, lavender, purple)
  3. Lil Patch of Crafty Friends 5th Anniversary Celebration #124 AG 2/1
  4. Aud Sentiments Challenge #243 AG + a sentiment 2/2 (sep post)

Wishing you a day full of appreciation that you are able to do those mundane tasks like laundry...
hugs,

39 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning creation!!!

Chris said...

Hey! just finished doing the laundry...wish I'd seen this before I might have enjoyed it a bit more! Seriously, you are right Donna, instead of muttering about the repetitive boredom of daily chores it would be good to appreciative of the fact that I have the ability to perform them...without struggling or pain! I will try...but I know it won't last :)
Beautiful cards Donna, a wonderful magical little scene...good to know that fairies have chores too!
hugs
xx

Julie Odil said...

Doing laundry at Freya's house looks magical! I am one of the rare people that actually enjoys hanging clothes on the line. I like being outdoors, listening to the birds, enjoying the breeze. I'll try to look for fairies the next time I'm out at the clothes line (once the 2 feet of snow melts!!!!)

Bunny said...

Beautiful card. I wouldn't mind a trip to Freya's house. I don't mind doing the laundry I just don't like putting it up. [Bunny]

Shona Erlenborn said...

Such sweet scenes. You bring such life to these images Donna! The coloring and distressing is awesome and I love how you highlighted that fast escargot! OK, off to the laundry room I go! Though it'll be the drier today, otherwise the clothes would be stiff on the line this morning!!

Anne Temple said...

These are both fabulous! I love the rich colors you've achieved (especially with pencils - I can never get the vibrant colors I want with pencils). The added sparkle when the light hits it just right is perfect.

Nonnie's Cards and Gifts said...

Just wow! This is a new favorite! Wonderful work and detail as always!

Grandma Bonnie said...

Wow, Donna, my jaw is dropping.. i just love this and the inspiration you give.

Wendy L said...

Oh Donna, this is gorgeous. Love the colours you have used and the stamps are divine. Every time I see Lavinia stamps I tell myself I must buy some. Xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Two really gorgeous creations Donna. I love the touch of sparkle.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Leslie Miller said...

Well, that's interesting how you shaded the house. Thanks for the explanation, Donna! You made magic on this card. I'm always amazed at the detail and time involved. You say a lot of it is to cover up boo boos, but I realize that's not all of it. This is simply enchanting!

Linda Simpson said...

I just love these cards Donna, loving the purple hues and wonderful way you shaded the magical house.
Hugs
Linda xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

so very beautiful Donna
Gr Karin

Sue said...

Hi Donna, Oh I love this stamp and your cards are fabby.

Hope you are having a nice day. Sue

*Vicki* said...

Brilliant! Oh how I LOVE that purplish glitery house!! I can see the fairy homemaker taking out her laundry with her snail friend for company! Life truly IS where the magic happens my friend...even in something simple and unexpected as doing laundry! :) What a brilliant scene and clever set of cards!! I love them! HUGS

*Vicki* said...

P.S. I'm "supposed" to be doing laundry today, but I'd rather look at this magical laundry scene instead! LOL!

Beebeebabs said...

Wow another beautiful card - you did a great job as always. Love the stamp set thanks for sharing!

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Donna, loving your cards, both are beautiful. I love the stamps you've used and the wonderful inking, Kate x

Jackie T said...

Hi Donna your card is gorgeous. I love those stamps they are amazing. Your blog is always a pleasure to visit. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Monica C. said...

Oh wow, Donna!! Both your cards are superb! I love what you do with you fairy cards. Thank you for inspiring us!
Hugs Monica

Donna said...

Such gorgeous cards, like the purple tones and glitter and your detailed tutorial!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both scenes are so very adorable and well designed. Lovely and magical. And, that is the cutest clothes line I have seen in ages. Adding the sparkle adds more to the magical look of them.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Gorgeous cards, Donna! Love the gratitude message as well.

cotnob said...

Two gorgeous cards Donna, I love the whimsical stamps you have used and the two different techniques. The added sparkle and super sentiment really finish your cards perfectly.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

brenda said...

Just stunning Donna, I adore the colour palette and the hints of glitter bring the whole creation to life and you are drawn right into the little scenes. I have most of those stamps so might have an inky session inspired by you.

B x

Loose Stitches said...

Gorgeous creations Donna, lovely scenes! Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

Lori m said...

Donna your magical fingers created two stunning mystical wonders that are keeping me mesmerized and therefore....my laundry has not reached the drying stage yet. Gorgeous cards, just gorgeous, hugs, Lori m

Conniecrafter said...

Wow these are just beautiful, such great details you put into them and I love the glitter embossing to give it that extra special shine. The shading is so pretty and great idea to add the bubbles to the laundry theme of the card, so cute and fun!

Mac Mable said...

All glittery and so very beautiful....both of them x. The house is fabulous. What pretty scenes you've made and laundry sounds fun in the fairy world x.

aussie aNNie said...

De another magical and amazing creation from you. Just love your Lavinia makes. The prettiest colour here.xx

Donna Phelan said...

These are FAB and there is nothing like a Snail Sentry LOL Well done! Really beautiful....and, dare I say it??? MAGICAL!!!

pam said...

Stunning Donna, love your gorgeous makes
Hugs Pam x

Steph Ackerman said...

Wow love both cards. Your pencil coloring is amazing!

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Absolutely fantastic work here. What a wonderfully created project and thank you for the tutorial.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

Megan J said...

Hi Donna, a stunning card with all the different elements you have included, love the story line to go with the images and all the sparkle too. Thank you for joining us for our fifth birthday celebrations at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.. Megan DT LPoCF

Aimeslee Winans said...

(Sees cards and faints) Yaaas, purple!!! Oh my, where to begin...lovelove the purple glittery edging and those bubbles! Gorgeous inks and blending. Both simply amazing cards, Donna! xoxo

Lena said...

I think I have mentioned before, Donna, that my laundry days are not as serene as your beautiful cards depict. I think you should send these fairies to my house so they can do my laundry while I relax. After all I do believe in Magic :-)
Love the colours and the elements you used to create your magical scenes.
Have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
♥ Lena
Lena’s Creations

Sue said...

I love your cards! What a fun scene, and wonderful colors. The house looks amazing in the first card. Donna, you have such a way with words, and I never thought of finding joy in doing the laundry but your right, there are days when my back bothers me and I can't do the laundry, so I should appreciate it more when I can. Thanks for the reminder. Super card.

Hugs
Sue

Alina Florea said...

Stunning, both of them! Love all the details and the purple shades with glitter are just perfect!