(to my Australian friends, your country is in my prayers).
JDS is having a Design Team Call.Details HERE.
|Facebook - Shopping - Pinterest - Challenges|
Earth Tone Copic Markers worked really well with this sweet little vintage boy in fun blue denim colors. Old Paper Distress inks allows bright colors to be used on a vintage piece, by toning down the bright white areas.
The flourishes are inked with faded jeans distress ink, and the Abstract Square die cut around the map is textured with navy glitter. To darken the outlines of the little boy image, I traced the black lines with a navy blue colored pencil from my Caran d'Ache Luminance 6901 Color Pencils set and applied Gamsol to bleed the color a little bit. The same technique could be used with Prismacolor pencils.
Fellow crafter Marie Berquist shared fun denim designer papers with me, perfect for the vintage "travel-like" denim layers and those cute little corner details.
For the corner embellishments, I followed Desire Fourie's tutorial for creating fun embellishments using 2-sided paper.
The background papers were distressed with Barn Door Distress Ink to add more red tones to the setting.
- Jan's Digi Stamps darling Across the Miles 603J
- Navy Glitter (the abstract shape square)
- Copic Markers, Distress Ink (Old Paper and Faded Jeans)
- Background map stamp
- Spellbinders Wonky Rectangles S4-306, Spellbinders Shapes - Abstract S4-001, Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish Die
- Allsorts Challenge #555 "More than a Single Word Sentiment" (on the map are digitals stamped "across the miles and Missing you" 1/26 (sep post)
- World Wide Open DT Challenge #1 AG DT 2/15 (sep post)
- Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenges #2003 AG 1/27 (sep post)
- The Male Room Challenges #127 Anything Masculine Goes 1/22 (sep post)
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge #123 5th Anniversary AG 1/27
- Crafty Friends #127 AG
- Crafty Cardmakers #248 AG 1/27
- As You Like It (Jan 16) AG Show Us Your Style 2/1
as the sun colored the morning sky, through the tree line:
Happy Mail Day Hugs,