My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty! {Cardz 4 Galz}

Greetings to the best blogging buddies EVER! (smile)
and welcome to my little corner of Blog Land.

Today's projects are all about GREEN KITTIES!
(no they are not from Outer Space, and they are not "little green alien kitties").
'Just doing something a little different.
Instead of a "horse of a different color", it is "Kitties of a Different Color".


Time for a new challenge at Cardz 4 Galz Challenges today!

Badges are awarded for the Spotlight Winner and Top Picks.
Challenge #54 is chosen by guest designer Jan - and the theme is:

  CATS OR KITTENS  

show us your Kitty Paper Crafting projects using any technique and medium!
Challenge ends on August 30th.

Onward to my cards depicting "Kitties of a Different Color".

Had SO MUCH FUN making these cards.

Used a virginal stamp by Starving Artistamps. According to the internet, they are still in business, but I don't think the same artist owns the company because the styles are completely different than the few stamps in my stash. This one is copyrighted 2003 and I got it NEW in the same year AND IT HAS NEVER SEEN INK! eeek! or should I say MEOW! Hanging head in shame.

Stamped with VersaFine Olympia Green, and colored with Copic markers, my kitty is delighted to be placed on VIRGINAL papers by DCWV Latte Stack copyrighted 2009 LOL OLD AND NEGLECTED! Vintage "Great Aunt Agnes Lace" shares the limelight with black die cuts from friend KT Fit Kitty. They have been embossed with my own hand-blended green embossing powder mixed with a little greenish mica powder and some goldish glitter.

CAN YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE?



Kitty eyes have been CLEAR EMBOSSED with detail EP. It enriches the blue color, however, the photos show up a bit red (the traditional camera red eye) because of the EP. See the difference between the two images? One without EP, one with:




Heated and then dipped into the same custom-blended EP twice, are these OLD, OLD JUMBO BRADS. Why did I purchase so many brads?

I love this kitty stamp!



Another "wonky frames" card, I used the external "negative" left overs of the Tonic English Picnic Layering Die Set and coated it with Old Navy Embellishment Mousse to contrast against the detailed frame distressed with Memento Paris Dusk. It is difficult to NOT use Embellishment Mousse because it is SO PRETTY and easy to use. FAST drying.

Love the DLArt Crinkle Ribbon which always provides wonderful texture!

The papers have been distressed with Tumbled Glass DI and Memento Paris Dusk with a touch of Lemon Sorbet Embellishment Mousse. Was able to partially capture a little shine below:

5.5" x 7.5"
Not sure why I added the brads. Guess I thought "more is more" giggle.

6" x 6"



Are you GREEN WITH ENVY over my little GREEN KITTIES?
not everyone can have green kitties, after all...
(more giggling)


Products Used:
  • Tonic English Picnic Layering Die Set (rectangular card)
  • Tonic Embellishment Mousse (Powder Blue, Lemon Sorbet, Old Navy) Distressing
  • SB Scallop Labels Twenty-two, cats from KT (square card)
  • SB Rolled Roses, Cottage Cutz Greenery, Cats from KT (rectangle card)
  • INKs: VersaFine Olympia Green (stamped images), Memento Paris Dusk, Tumbled Glass, Forest Moss Bundled Sage, Several Green Copic Markers.
  • Hand blended green-mica-glitter EP, vintage lace, brads
  • DLArt crinkle ribbon (green)
  • Papers: Express-it White, DCWV Latte Pack, Green, Blue-Gray, Green Vellum, Pale Blue


Cards are entered in the following wonderful challenges:
  1. A Bit More Time to Create #50 Anything Goes 9/1
  2. Show Us Your Pussies - Cats #21 Furrything Goes 9/4?
  3. Dragonfly Dreams (Aug 6) Animals 9/3
  4. Making Memories Crafting #8 Anything Goes 9/1
  5. Retro Rubber Challenges #69 Sketch with Old Rubber (as mentioned above, the rubber stamp is at least 10 years old but I think I purchased it when it first came out in 2003 - thanks for the fabulous sketch!) 8/27  sep post
  6. As You Like It Challenge "What's Your Favorite Embellishment and Why" (my two favorite all-time embellishments are (1) the gorgeous rolled flowers -- my favorite of those is the SB rolled roses - I enjoy making them, embellishing them, customizing them, and adorning projects with them. The sad day of my life was when the U.S. Postal Service changed regulations to 1/4" thickness for the mail, making it costly to mail projects using the roses. (2) embossing powder - I love altering papers, embellishments, die cuts, anything that can stand heat - with embossing powder - it's inexpensive and transforming -- like my cat die cuts here, and the brads! 8/25 sep post
  7. Craft Rocket Challenges #40 Animal Kingdom #40 9/4 (sep post b4 new chal)
  8. DLArt August Linky Challenge Anything Goes 9/1 (used DLArt crinkle ribbon)
  9. Crafty Animals #5 Anything Animals 9/1
  10. Country View Challenges (Aug 2017) Blues and Greens 9/1 (sep post)
Thanks for stopping by, my friends!
hugs,

62 comments:

Diane said...

Love your pretty kitties....I am 'green with envy'...lol...but what fabulous cards these are, beautiful design and wonderful stamp! What a fun challenge, I hope I can find time to join in!!

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are very beautiful Donna, and I love the papers you have used
Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Donna your cards are gorgeous I love them both. The cats are stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Beebeebabs said...

Love your cards and the green kittens - great layout as always thanks for sharing!!!

Linda Simpson said...

WOW these are gorgeous Donna, I love the kitten stamp! Beautifully designed too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Janice said...

These are super Donna. A favourite I'm sure with all cat/kitten lovers! xx

Darnell said...

You are a hoot, Donna! From your beautiful green kitty to your giant brads (WHY did we???), this was a fun post! The details on your card are amazing and go you for using that NBUS!! Thank you for playing in the JUGS challenge! Hugs, Darnell

Leslie Miller said...

I LOVE your green kitties with their pretty blue eyes! Beautifully designed, and what a thrill to be using a virginal stamp and papers AND die cuts from your friend. Love those sparkly kitties and brads. I have two drawers full of brads plus a drawer of eyelets. I really need to figure a way to use them up. The eyelets are fairly non-dimensional, which I love for easy mailing cards, but many of the brads are chunky. You inspire me to dig into my stash and find the goodness. Thanks, Donna!

Chris said...

The kitten stamp is gorgeous...looks great in green, not really a cat-lover myself much prefer dogs...but could be tempted by a green one! Both designs are gorgeous, love that offset frame idea!
Chris
x

Lisa said...

I love the sweet green kitties!! They're adorable!! Those blue eyes are fabulous!! I love the papers and the designs!! These are beautiful, my friend!! I love, love them!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Shona Erlenborn said...

Gorgeous creations Donna! Love the color combinations and the kitty image.

Tammy said...

These green kittens with their blue eyes are gorgeous Donna!! I love the beautiful embossing and papers! Stunning creations!
Hugs, Tammy

Linda said...

Donna, I am a cat lover and my favourite colour is green, so I absolutely LOVE this!

Jan Clothier said...

I really like the way you've interpreted our sketch and made one layer a frame. All the little detail elements such as your touches of embossing and the distressing of the paper add real interest to your card. It's lovely. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

Sue said...

Hi Donna, Very unusual to see green cats, but they make the cards.

Hope you are having a nice week. Sue

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

I love your green kitties, the layers and colours are fabulous. I hope you are doing well, Hugs, Shirleyxx

Donna Phelan said...

I like your Kitties of a different color, I think the green looks fantastic, especially up against all of that pretty blue! Great design of course and I also love that little glitter kitty too! I can't believe the Vintage-ness of your products lol How do you keep track of what year? lol I think these are PURRfect! xo~

pam said...

I LOVE your green kitties with their pretty blue eyes Donna! fabulous layouts and colours too.
Thank you for your kind words my dear friend..means a lot x.
Hugs Pam x

Lori Kobular said...

How cute those green kitties are!! I love their blue eyes! The papers you used on both cards are so pretty and I love your embossed green kitties! You really have a way with putting different dies together to make gorgeous creations!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

These are so cool! I love those green kitties with the custom blend ep and the glossy eyes of the sweet bigger kitty. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Those are such cute kitty cards. Each has a really lovely look with the various layers and added elements.

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Wow, Donna, such a fun post to read with so much wit. Love the green kitties and especially that lace die. Both are very pretty cards.

Judy Woodland said...

What a sweet image, I love that kitty stamp. And those eyes are so aluring, just beautiful. Great take on the SHINE challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls!!!
Judy~ JUGS DT, Challenge Host
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by for a visit!

Conniecrafter said...

Your green kitty is just the cutest and it is neat to see the embossing on the one and none on the other, it does seem to bring out more of the blue of the eyes, I am shocked you have had it this long and haven't used it yet ... I love the embossing on the brads and the kitty at the bottom, pretty lace too!! You always have quite the way with layering, love it!

Maryvonne Coussé said...

So beautiful Donna , and great tuto as always !!!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Donna what a beautiful image the detail is amazing no matter what colour you use I think it would always look fantastic, I do love the kitty dies you have used also your choice of colours and papers the card design are excellent
hugs
lorraine x

Becky said...

I can't recall ever seeing green cats, but being a cat lover, any color kitty is a good kitty in my book. And they are certainly better than little green men. :-)

Love the cards.

KraftyKoolKat said...

Both versions of these gorgeous green cats are awesome sweetie.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Mia said...

Beautiful card, Donna. I love kitties, too. Have a great week, my friend.

NanaConnie said...

Well, I don't have to tell you how much I adore those kitties, Donna, and I love that you did them in green ink. Fabulous eyes! BTW, I have that same Latte stack, c2009, and I think the same sheets are still unused in my stack. :-D I never could figure out what to do with prints that large.

Lynne said...

Gorgeous cards and I love your kitties walking on your frame. Great layout on that card and I agree about the postal system, it's the same here in the UK making it more expensive to post cards with flowers etc. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh Donna, what absolutely gorgeous cards, love them to bits. Happy crafty weekend, Angela xXx

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Hallo liebe Donna,
Deine Katzenkarten gefallen mir. Eine außergewöhnliche Farbe hast du für die Katzen gewählt. Ich wünsche dir ein wunderschönes Wochenende. Hugs Silvi

Ina G said...

I love it when someone takes their craft 'out of the box' like you did here with that amazing kitty stamp. Such detail and so nicely shown to us. BRADS! Weren't they the rage a long time ago and of course we have an over abundance of them lying around. Yay to you! You used 'a few' hehe. Fantabulous layout Donna.

Christine Traversa said...

Love the kitties! Great job with the layering and colors you chose! I LOVE cats, and have 4! Never enough kitties! hahaha Great job and thanks for joining the RR Challenge!

Babs said...

Hi Donna , your kitty certainly is different in green , I would never have thought of using that colour,, but how beautiful dose it look, wonderful creations I love the brad too. Haveca lovely weekend

Hugs Babs x

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful 'green kitty' cards Donna, love your coloring and beautiful papers! Thank you for joining us at Making Memories Crafting! We hope to see you again!
Sherry x - DT for Making Memories Crafting
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads – My personal Blog

Alex said...

Beautiful kitty. Your card is great. Lover everything that is not 100% 'normal'.
Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Craft Rocket and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

Hugs
Alex
*DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#40 – Animal Kingdom}
*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#8 – For the birthday – Summerkids are best}
Alex' Kreative Seite

Jane said...

Hi Donna,how unusual but fun your green kitties are. Thanks so much for joining our blues and greens August challenge over at Country View x

Sarah said...

These are wonderful and so unusual, great embellishments , I really should dig out my rolled roses dies too. Thank you for joining in at AYLI. Sarah DT

Karenladd said...

Well I love cats in any color or form, so these green kitties are just adorable. What a beautiful stamp...and lovely assortment of designs. The embossed cat dies are perfect accents to your sweet little cards

Beebeebabs said...

Thanks Donna - I purchased the paper from AC Moore a couple of years ago Colorbox Sports Designer Paper!!!

crafty-stamper said...

I absolutely adore your green kitties they look brilliant-beautiful papers and embossing
Carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

The green kitties are a clever idea and such fabulous cards you made with them, two great designs! Love any detail, especially the big green brads and the heat-embossed diecut kittens that you have had by KT Fit Kitty -a dear friend of mine, too! :)-

cotnob said...

Gorgeous cards Donna, I love your green kitties and fabulous papers - the blue and green goes so well together and you have framed your images beautifully.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW Donna I do so love the blue green color combination...not one I would have dared to try but you have pulled off so effortlessly and beautifully
Cheers
Dr Sonia

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous eyes on the greenest kitty ever seen. Sadly am a doggy lover and kitties, although cute, are my least fav BUT your card is absolutely a real 'DE' style.xxx [aNNie]

Julie B said...

Love the unusual colour twist and the fab homemade EP!
Know what you mean about buying then putting away in the cupboard, my stamp has 2011 on it and this was it's first inking too!

Jane Knudsen said...

Lovely cards! Those kitties are pretty sweet! Plus a great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!!

creative lady said...

Donna, cute card, love your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

Sue said...

I love your green kitty. Both cards are wonderful and it is such a pretty image. Only you could make green kitties look this marvelous!! Love them.

Hugs
Sue

Peanut said...

Beautiful kitty card, Donna. Love the colours and design.
hugs, Asha

ike said...

Oooh - lovely creations and I must admit that I rather like the green kitties :-D
Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.

IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Crafty Pearly said...

Beautiful make. I adore everything about it. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Animals. Hugs Traci DT xx

Marilyn said...

This is really nice and a perfect card for a cat lover.

Claire Grantham said...

OMG these are amazing!!! Love that they are green, so creative. And I can't believe they have been uninked for so long, glad we could help you get them inky. Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

Anila Dikay said...

Nice

Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Rocket challenge this month.
Anila DT

aussie aNNie said...

De thank you for the sweetest comment on my page for my parents, it actually looks much better in real life, photo makes it so much darker but appreciate your forever kind words. Also you loved school? I hated it only to go into nursing and learn more, though it was hands on in a hospital so that was a bit different to now days....love and hugs.xx

Corrie Herriman said...

Nice ! Thank you for joining my challenge over at Country View Challenges !
Corrie xx

DIANA L. said...

This is so sweet. I love green -- I thought I commented on this before, I must have forgotten to hit the publish button.
My fave ribbon and you did an amzing job, love that blue and green together.
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes AUGUST Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
DL.ART crinkle ribbon
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

aussie aNNie said...

Thanks for your sweet comment, glad you enjoyed the video. I saw this won or came third place somewhere in a challenge but can't remember now, sorry.xxx

Shirley said...

Definitely green with envy Donna and the eyes are just something else they mesmerize when looking at them.

We are all guilty of buying something and then forgetting about it but so glad you finally got around to using as we get to see your beautiful pieces.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.