and welcome to my little corner of Blog Land.
Today's projects are all about GREEN KITTIES!
(no they are not from Outer Space, and they are not "little green alien kitties").
'Just doing something a little different.
Instead of a "horse of a different color", it is "Kitties of a Different Color".
Time for a new challenge at Cardz 4 Galz Challenges today!
Challenge ends on August 30th.
Had SO MUCH FUN making these cards.
Used a virginal stamp by Starving Artistamps. According to the internet, they are still in business, but I don't think the same artist owns the company because the styles are completely different than the few stamps in my stash. This one is copyrighted 2003 and I got it NEW in the same year AND IT HAS NEVER SEEN INK! eeek! or should I say MEOW! Hanging head in shame.
Stamped with VersaFine Olympia Green, and colored with Copic markers, my kitty is delighted to be placed on VIRGINAL papers by DCWV Latte Stack copyrighted 2009 LOL OLD AND NEGLECTED! Vintage "Great Aunt Agnes Lace" shares the limelight with black die cuts from friend KT Fit Kitty. They have been embossed with my own hand-blended green embossing powder mixed with a little greenish mica powder and some goldish glitter.
CAN YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE?
Kitty eyes have been CLEAR EMBOSSED with detail EP. It enriches the blue color, however, the photos show up a bit red (the traditional camera red eye) because of the EP. See the difference between the two images? One without EP, one with:
I love this kitty stamp!
Another "wonky frames" card, I used the external "negative" left overs of the Tonic English Picnic Layering Die Set and coated it with Old Navy Embellishment Mousse to contrast against the detailed frame distressed with Memento Paris Dusk. It is difficult to NOT use Embellishment Mousse because it is SO PRETTY and easy to use. FAST drying.
Love the DLArt Crinkle Ribbon which always provides wonderful texture!
The papers have been distressed with Tumbled Glass DI and Memento Paris Dusk with a touch of Lemon Sorbet Embellishment Mousse. Was able to partially capture a little shine below:
5.5" x 7.5"
6" x 6"
Are you GREEN WITH ENVY over my little GREEN KITTIES?
not everyone can have green kitties, after all...
- Tonic English Picnic Layering Die Set (rectangular card)
- Tonic Embellishment Mousse (Powder Blue, Lemon Sorbet, Old Navy) Distressing
- SB Scallop Labels Twenty-two, cats from KT (square card)
- SB Rolled Roses, Cottage Cutz Greenery, Cats from KT (rectangle card)
- INKs: VersaFine Olympia Green (stamped images), Memento Paris Dusk, Tumbled Glass, Forest Moss Bundled Sage, Several Green Copic Markers.
- Hand blended green-mica-glitter EP, vintage lace, brads
- DLArt crinkle ribbon (green)
- Papers: Express-it White, DCWV Latte Pack, Green, Blue-Gray, Green Vellum, Pale Blue
- A Bit More Time to Create #50 Anything Goes 9/1
- Show Us Your Pussies - Cats #21 Furrything Goes 9/4?
- Dragonfly Dreams (Aug 6) Animals 9/3
- Making Memories Crafting #8 Anything Goes 9/1
- Retro Rubber Challenges #69 Sketch with Old Rubber (as mentioned above, the rubber stamp is at least 10 years old but I think I purchased it when it first came out in 2003 - thanks for the fabulous sketch!) 8/27 sep post
- As You Like It Challenge "What's Your Favorite Embellishment and Why" (my two favorite all-time embellishments are (1) the gorgeous rolled flowers -- my favorite of those is the SB rolled roses - I enjoy making them, embellishing them, customizing them, and adorning projects with them. The sad day of my life was when the U.S. Postal Service changed regulations to 1/4" thickness for the mail, making it costly to mail projects using the roses. (2) embossing powder - I love altering papers, embellishments, die cuts, anything that can stand heat - with embossing powder - it's inexpensive and transforming -- like my cat die cuts here, and the brads! 8/25 sep post
- Craft Rocket Challenges #40 Animal Kingdom #40 9/4 (sep post b4 new chal)
- DLArt August Linky Challenge Anything Goes 9/1 (used DLArt crinkle ribbon)
- Crafty Animals #5 Anything Animals 9/1
- Country View Challenges (Aug 2017) Blues and Greens 9/1 (sep post)