My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Monday, January 16, 2023

A Heart Full of Valentine Wishes - Jan's Digi Stamps

Hello, and thanks for stopping by today! Hoping this finds all our Pacific West Coast friends doing well despite the very turbulent weather in the past several weeks. It goes without saying that I'm always thinking fondly of my blogging friends.

Today's card is for January's mid-month reminder at the Anything Goes Challenge at Jan's Digi Stamps!  If you use a JDS image in your card, please mention it. There is a 2nd draw specifically for those who use one of Jan's fun images.


Jan's newest sets are 25% off, and the Sweetheart Sale includes three sets shown below plus her "romantic/friendship/anniversary/wedding/Valentine" cards!

To create my scene, three sets were used (just click on them to enlarge):

Friendship Flowers on sale for $3 (butterfly)

Valentine Wishes 3380 on sale for $3.75 (heart & sentiment)

Botanical Orchids 874 on sale for $3 (Love You sentiment)

To make this card, I cropped out 4 flowers from the heart wreath to create a "swag". This will become the stop for my easel card. The Heart Wreath was flipped horizontally, and slightly tilted for symmetry, using free Pages software that came with my iMac. The symmetry allows the heart die cut to be placed in a straight manner if you are not using a die cut for shaping:


The butterfly was added the the heart wreath via my word processor. Using the "out of the box" die cutting technique, the heart wreath was then "shaped".


This was a fun wreath to color because of the many pink and lavender hues. The easel "stop" is also covered with matching flowers. 

The three Copic colors in the background were used for depth around the images. Squeezed Lemonade DI was used around some of the edges.

I realize that Monarch Butterflies are not the same color as the butterfly in my project, but I couldn't color around the white dots very well, so I changed them to orange.

 (always a way to cover up our mistakes, right?)


In the middle of the wreath, one layer of heart is adhered. The little heart itself (in the glitter) is actually 4 layers. I glued one heart layer before the glittered layers so I'd know exactly where the tiny heart should go. Otherwise, even though the glitter is adhered well, some of the glitter might come loose in the adhering process:


After die cutting the background, I dry embossed it. The die then became a stencil. Using Squeezed Lemon & Kitsch Flamingo DI, and Twisted Citron DO and a dauber, the tiny diamond shapes were inked to bring out a Spring theme.


Then it was adhered to happy yellow card stock!



Don't forget to play in 
the Anything Goes Challenge at Jan's Digi Stamps!

Products Used: Stamps  Jan's Digi ImagesValentine Wishes 3380, Friendship Flowers 702 (butterfly image)Botanical Orchids 874 (Lovely You in middle of heart) LifeStyle-Quickutz Nesting Heart Dies, Spellbinders "Lovin' Diamonds" Die Set, Spellbinders Mega Nestabilities Long Classic Scalloped Rectangles die set, Martha Stewart Garden Trellis Punch, Copic Markers, Copic Multiliner, Express-it white cardstock, Squeezed Lemon & Kitsch Flamingo DI, Twisted Citron DO, Yellow Glitter

I'd like to play in the following fine challenges please:

  1. World Wide Open Design Team Challenge #1 AG DT 2/12
  2. Crafts Galore Encore #107 AG 2/1
  3. C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #663 Something New (2nd entry) The Valentine Wishes stamp set is new to me, the yellow card stock had been in my stash but had never been used before) 1/18
  4. Crafters Cafe Challenge #293 AG with Colors of the Rainbow and more 2/11
  5. A Perfect Time to Craft Open Challenge #1 AG 2/1
  6. The Outlawz Challenges Twisted Thursday (Jan 12) The Valentine Wishes stamp set is new to me, the yellow card stock had been in my stash but had never been used before) Feb 1.
  7. Classic Design Challenge #1 AG 2/1
  8. Ally's Angels #66 AG 2/10
  9. Sweet Stampin (Jan 7) theme "New" 1/20 (listed week after sep post) (The Valentine Wishes stamp set is new to me, the yellow card stock had been in my stash but had never been used before)
  10. CD Sunday PLUS #101 AG Downloaded 1/22 (in this case, I cropped four flowers individually from the heart wreath, and then arranged them into a swag for the easel "stop". The butterfly was added from another set. The two sentiments are from different sets (three sets used to create this card)
  11. Tic Tac Toe Challenge #192 see below middle row 1/19 Yellow glitter around small heart and flowers












Sending Early Valentine Hugs to you!


32 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous easel card Donna love the beautiful floral heart wreath you created and die-cut background
Carol x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

STUNNING card.
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for
CRAFT Challenge Blog

Donna Walls said...

Absolutely gorgeous Donna! I'm so happy to see your beautiful art and coloring.
Donna xx
Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge

Donna said...

Wow Donna, not only impressed by your stunning card and coloring but by how you combined the 3 sets digitally for your design! Gorgeous!!!

Shona Erlenborn said...

So happy to see this "pop up" this morning - a stunning Donna card for sure! I love the little daubed colors on the heart background - a really lovely touch! You amaze me with your ability to combine so much into one card.

Chris said...

Such a lovely combination of digis to create this beautiful card Donna, such pretty colours and your colouring is fabulous- the die cut and stencilled background sets it off perfectly, the finished card is a delight.
xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous Donna

gr karin

Leslie Miller said...

You clever girl! It's fun to play with digis like this, and just look what a gorgeous thing you ended up with. I really love how you added bits of color to the background frame die. It's the sweetest thing and especially pretty on the yellow. so many lovely details and absolutely dreamy coloring!

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Donna, I love your floral heart design and the pretty colours. Your easel design is wonderful, with all those pretty elements to it, Kate x

Mrs A. said...

Totally beautiful. Orange dots and all! Hugs Mrs A.

Verna Angerhofer said...

This card is so gorgeous and the flowers are beautifully arranged and colored. I feel blue that some of the sets you used are on my computer at home. But I have to get by without my digital sets as I only have my iPad and no printer.

Lori m said...

Donna, this is just so pretty, the colors, the design and most of all, it shows all the love you packed inside. Love it, hugs, Lori m

Aimeslee Winans said...

Donna, what a masterpiece, digitally and with the handiwork. I am constantly amazed at the breadth of die cuts Spellbinders has, I always see a new-to-me one on your creations. That background is awesome. XOX

Dr Sonia S V said...

Hi Donna my friend...I just restarted blogging and had to come visit you ....love your cheerful colourful florals and that background is soooo gorgeous
Cheers, Dr Sonia

Sheryl said...

This is another beautiful card.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT xx

Chrissy said...

So beautiful Donna, love the fabulous image and it is coloured beautifully, the butterfly is gorgeous and I can see the gold, love it..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Beebeebabs said...

Wow absolutely beautiful - great work as always thanks for sharing!!!

Ilonka said...

Such a beautiful card, Thanks for sharing it with us at the World Wide Open Design Team Challenge.
Hugs Ilonka DT

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

So pretty! Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin', we love what you've done! Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

Conniecrafter said...

You are so good at combining these digis to make a lovely card, your coloring is so pretty, so love how did the butterfly, the glitter to frame the sentiment is such a lovely touch and great idea with the swag to use as your easel stopper, sweet sentiment too! Beautiful way to do the background, love the soft colors!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! This is drop-dead gorgeous. I LOVE this so very beautiful card Donna.
Faith x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is a real beauty Donna, it takes your breath away.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Betty said...

such wonderful coloring on your lovely card, Donna! thanks for joining us this week at the TicTacToe Challenge!

Pamela said...

This is really pretty. I love your colour choice and I really like the background die used.
One problem though! I had to search online for your blog as the link you've added takes us to our own blog. If you'd like to add your blog as a new entry and we'll delete the other one (#23).
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Ilonka said...

A lovely card, thanks for sharing it with us at Twisted Thursday Challenge Blog.
Hugs Ilonka DT

Jan Mahew said...

Absolutely stunning, Donna! I love how you are able to combine several stamp sets and showcase them in such a visually pleasing way. Fabulous easel card.
Thank you for showcasing my images on your gorgeous card and sharing it with others.
Hugs,
Jan

Carol said...

A beautiful card.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Beautiful card, I love it. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
Hugs
Danka
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

Loose Stitches said...

Such a beautiful creation Donna!
Crafty Hugs, Sherry xx
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

wannabcre8tive said...

Absolutely Gorgeous. Love the bright colors.

Jean Bullock said...

How beautiful and delicate. Wonderful work!I admire you so much!

Loose Stitches said...

Hello Donna, I just want to let you know that the World Wide Open Design Team Challenge has a new name and blog address. You can find it here. Worldwide Crafters and Colorists Challenge.
We hope to see you there.
~ Sherry DT/Admin/Coordinator xx