If you arrived here from Diane's fabulous blog, then you are in the right place!
My super talented teamies have some wonderful ideas waiting
JUST FOR YOU on their blogs!
The Blog Hop order this month is:
(*Tip: if you have difficulty with a particular link,
It's Demo Donna on the SNS YouTube Channel!
the same image,
On both cards, the sentiments have been cut apart to mix and match the words:
My ewes LONG to show off their soft wool, hoping someone will simply pet them!
Here's a close-up of their cuddly softness:
This set comes with lots of sentiments. I cut them up to mix and match the words from "a Wonderful day" and "Wishing ewe".
It's cute to say "Wonderful ewe".
I've also used a little Nuvo Mother Of Pearl Embellishment Mousse on the embossed back panel to bring out the flowers from the embossing folder:
BOO BOO TIME!
This was my first application of the Embellishment Mousse. It's wonderful to work with.
AND GUESS WHAT? You can distress with ink on top of the mousse! BUT BUT BUT,
if you do use dye-base inks for distressing on top of the mousse, clean off the applicator because some of the creamy mousse ends up on the applicator, making the ink rather smooshie and dark the next time you use the applicator (see the blue coloring around the sentiment? It's suppose to be like the distressed blue in the ewe panel).
The grass began as a piece of Sticker Paper. Peeling off the protective layer, I burnished Parisian Mist Ultrafine Glitter G1037 into it. Then cut the blades of grass. Finally, with the help of Brushable Glue, I added more grassy detail to highlight the greens with Spirited Green Ultrafine Glitter G1070.
You can see the lighter color green glitter atop the darker color below:
Happiness is... WONDERFUL EWE!
Create the illusion that there are more layers on your card by carefully using glitter or unheated embossing powder. Apply double-sided Tear-ific Tape around the back side of your punched or die cut shape. Leave the protective coating in place on the backside. Turn the panel face up, so your tape is sticky-side up. Burnish the glitter (Misty Blue Ultrafine Glitter) into the small openings as shown in the frame below:
My next card:
(Wahhhhh! my dry embossed hearts don't show on the bottom part!)
Make a single layer look like two:
The glitter trick from the first card was used again; and burnished Misty Blue Ultrafine Glitter is around the interior edges of the lacy frame:
Burgundy Glitz Ultrafine Glitter G1047 was burnished into a piece of Sticker Paper, and then die cut using the SW Oval die, and the SB wavy border die. Before adhering the silly ewes panel, I die cut the SW leaves from the glittered section. There are a few punched hearts as well from the left over areas of the glittered shape. Again, the sentiment has been cut apart to mix and match:
Lots of sparkle in the custom background panel, the lacy edge, the middle panels, the extra tiny hearts and the leaves:
IT IS FLAT FOR MAILING!
Thanks for dropping by today, and for hopping in SNS's December Release!
Be sure to check back to see who won the grand prize!
- Images: "Will Ewe Be Mine" available in rubber or digitally, SNS Wonky Lines Background
- Glitter: Parisian Mist Ultrafine Glitter G1037, Spirited Green Ultrafine Glitter G1070, Burgundy Glitz Ultrafine Glitter G1047, Misty Blue Ultrafine Glitter G1021, Cyclamen Ultrafine Glitter G1090
- Adhesives: Brushable Glue, Sticker Paper, 1/4" Tear-ific Tape (behind the lacy edges to hold glitter), Sakura Glue Pen (to hold pink glitter around oval sentiment)
- Embossing Powders: Sangria Star embossing powder EP424, Mediterranean Star embossing powder EP429
- Flocking: Swanky Gray Sparkle N Soft, Snow White Flocking
- Nuvo Mother Of Pearl Embellishment Mousse
- Dies: SB A2 Curved Borders One, SB Mega Scallop Long Rectangles, SB Petite Scallop Ovals, SW Double Pierced Ovals, SW Faux Quilled Leaves
- Punches: MS Lacy Heart Border (for the glittered hearts), and the Vintage Floral PATP, EKSuccess Rounded Scallop Corners
- Embossing Folders: We R Memory Keepers Dotted 2 hearts, Embossalicious Crafter's Comp Floral Wonder
- assorted inks, papers
- 613 Avenue Create #191 ANYTHING GOES! 12/4
- Aud Sentiments Challenges #169 ANYTHING GOES + A SENTIMENT 12/5 (both cards contain sentiments where the rubber has been cut apart and pieced together)
- Craft Your Passion #340 Anything Goes 12/5
- Crafting by Designs (11-30) Anything Goes 12/7
- Crafting from the Heart #138 Anything Goes 12/5
- Crafty Gals Corner #100 Anything Goes 12/7
- Creative Fingers Challenge Blog #121 12/9
- Creative Moments Challenges #107 Anything Goes 12/7
- Die Cuttin' Divas #294 Make It Sparkle (the EP has glitter in it for background, the layers around the frame are glitter, the leaves are glitter, the gray flocking has sparkle and glitter, hearts are glittered, the grass is die cut with scallop rectangle and glittered, the embossing has shiny embellishment mousse) 12/4
- Get Creative Challenges #53 Birthday (my easel card) 12/12
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #46 ANYTHING GOES! 12/4
- World Wide Open Design Team Challenge #16 ANYTHING GOES! 12/15