(I hope you're enjoying a week that is holding promise and anticipation.)
Double YAYYYY! Autumn has finally arrived to our neck of the woods!
Oh yes! It's time for a new Cardz 4 Galz challenge!
so get crafting and show us your modern take on Christmas!
There are many traditional elements incorporated into my modern take of Christmas,
including snow, presents, a tree, snowflakes and ribbon!
I love sharing my BOO-BOOs with you!
I VersaMarked my "modern" IO Swirly Christmas tree, and stamped onto some inexpensive watercolor paper. Because I wanted a sparkly tree, SNS Sparkle EP was heated. It is a semi-transparent powder with semi-transparent glitters.
It worked pretty well
a white EP with glitters would have worked better...
or perhaps a clear EP with white mica powder and glitter.
A white pigment ink UNDER the Sparkle EP instead of VersaMark.
Because a tiny bit of the color seeped UNDER the heated EP. Since the EP is not opaque, some of the color bled through the paper under the image, dulling the embossed image.
I've only used my Color Burst Powder colors one other time.
I forgot about them LOL
See how dull the white image appears?
Brilliance Sky Blue ink was used on the dry embossed white area and the sky around the tree:
Is this considered CAS?
Our mornings have dipped into the 50s - 60s (15-20C), while our afternoons glide into the low 80s (27C).
Before the sun rises, I open the sliding glass doors to the screened lanai, breathing in the dewey freshness.
All is quiet, undisturbed - SILENT. Our Barred Owl community has apparently retired for the day.
Barely hearing the highway traffic a few miles away, I hear ripened acorns drop from the oak trees, on the barn's metal roof, for some hungry squirrel to discover and hide as their winter reserve.
But then, a single Barred Owl tentatively shares his greeting, erupting into bold cackling, making me giggle at heart. If you have ever heard the guffaws of these incredible birds, you know what I mean.
During the evening, he and his mate have been quite vocal with their neighbors.
There are several owls in the area. Frequently they are right outside the house.
Their conversations are incredibly lively, from softly muffled background singing, to something that resembles outright laughter! I wish this sound bit picked up how lively they become! (wait about 15 seconds into the sound bite)
- Images: Great Impressions G245 Presents, Impression Obsession Swirl Tree J2004 Leigh Hannan, Hero Arts Christmas C1722
- Sparkle N Sprinkle: Embossing Powders (White Detail EP298, Sparkle EP107, Mediterranean Star EP429), Embossable Acetate, Brushable Glue, Microfine Velvet Glitter (Jasper Blue GM2012, Orchid Rose GM2016), VersaMark Ink
- Die Cuts: Spellbinders Grand Stately Circles, Spellbinders Grand Circles
- Inks: VersaMark (for embossing powder, Brilliance Sky Blue (for falling snow),
- Embossing Folders: Crafter's Comp Elegant Snowfall, Regency Swirls by Die'sire, Craftwell Delicate Dots
- Watercolor: Color Burst Powder Watercolors
- Christmas at Sweet Stampin Challenge (Wed Nov 9) "Anything Goes Christmas" 12/7
- Crafty Gals Corner Challenges #97 "Use a Sentiment" (my 2nd card) 11/16
- Inspiration Destination #111 "Anything Goes" 11/16
- The Crafty Addicts #28 "Anything Goes with the Winter Blues"11/23
- A Snowflakes Promise #32 "Seasons" (Christmas) 11/14
- Cardz4Guyz #145 "Oh Christmas Tree!" 11/14
- Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge #84 "Trees or Christmas Trees" 11/13 (10)
- Craft-Dee BowZ (Nov) Anything Goes with a hand-made bow 12/1
- Crimbo Crackers #119 Shaped Christmas Cards 11/17 (sep post end of month? several challenges announced at once)
- Sweet Stampers Challenge #1 "Christmas" 12/10