and have you guessed yet?
I am featuring Nikki's beautiful Symphoni Beach Mermaid!
Three colors of sparkling glitter were used around the image. I surely wish the photos showed how glittery it is:
Ribbon is from D. L. Art.
Mudd Puddles Sand was used in the corners of my card. It's been applied quite thickly for dimension. (not a flat card anymore).
Here is a tutorial for a more flat application:
A black gel pen outlined the starfish and shell details on the die cuts, then I coated with a VersaMarker and "Hit the Beach" embossing powder. The EP and Sand Mudd Puddlesare color coordinated, but offer different textures. The black lines barely show through:
My second card is an A7 size flat for mailing:
I used the same embossing folder and the same designer paper, however the designer paper is stamped with an old rubber stamp, and antiqued with green to coordinate with my mermaid:
Looking forward to seeing your projects at:
- Image: Symphoni Beach Mermaid
- Stamped side panel on flat card Fred B. Mullett #126 (15+ years old?)
- Embossalcious Regency Swirls by Die'sire (embossing folder)
- Stardream Pearly Cardstock orange and aqua (z-fold)
- Spellbinders Grand Labels dies, Grommet Tag dies (z-fold card), 5x7 Modern Stationary (flat card)
- IO Dies: (shells) DIE077-W and DIEO176-E
- Dee's Distinctively Dies Flourish Set 4
- DL Art "pink hue tail" ribbon
- Malibu Beach Mudd Puddles (the sand in front)
- Sparkle N Sprinkle: Aqua Marine, Waterscape, and Waterfall ultrafine glitters, Brushable Glue, Hit the Beach and Mediterranean Star embossing powders, VersaMarker
(z-fold card uses ribbon, a digi, several dies (across)
(z-fold card uses sentiment, digi, Embossing (EP and EF)
- Artistic Inspirations #166 Anything Goes 11/7 sep post
- Classic Design Team Challenge #8 (Nov 1) Anything Goes using a DT card (1st entry) 12/1
- Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge #344 Anything Goes with die cuts 11/4
- Creative Fingers #119 "Anything Goes" 11/11 (2 wks later)
- DLArt November Linky Party "Anything Goes" 12/1 (tab)
- Morgan's Artworld #22 Embossing Wet or Dry (z-fold card has both, 2nd card has dry) 11/11 (sep post)
- Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenges (Nov) Use loose glitter and/or EP (used both in z-fold, and EP in card 2) 12/1
- Whoopsi Daisy Challenge (Oct 3) Die Cuts/Punches plus a digital stamp challenge 11/6
- World Wide Open Design Team Challenge #15 (Oct 15) Anything Goes using a DT card (3rd entry)11/15