It's time for a new Cardz 4 Galz challenge!
so get crafting and show us your snow people!
Challenge ends on December 7.
- My Besties Snowman IMG382
- Hero Arts "Sparkle" sentiment set
- Copic Markers, red grosgrain ribbon, Distress Inks, Deep Lagoon Versafine Ink
- Swiss Dot embossing folder, Heart die cut, SB Modern 5x7 Stationary dies
- Glitter Paper (glitter will not rub off), white, red, blue cardstock
Hug a Heart Drive:
to brighten the holidays for the very young pediatric cardiac patients at Nationwide Children's Hospital. The husband of Our Blogging Buddy Christina Hor Designs is a cardiologist there.
This year, Christina and her children are creating mini 3D Christmas trees for each room in the intensive care and inpatient wings. With so many rooms, Christina has never been able to have a card for every child spends Christmas in the cardiac unit.
This year, she is hoping to do that, but needs a little help from friends.
For more information please click here.
and a sweet thank you from me to my Sweet Friends!
On a Personal Note:
What happened? Did Old Man Winter make a mistake?
We were warned that our area MIGHT have a chance of frost Monday night.
Something unheard of for Florida in November.
Not only did we have a frost, but we were 30F degrees (-1.1C) for several hours.
So our vegetable garden and tender plants likely bit the dust. We'll know in a few days.
The front pasture was coated with a thick layer of icy frost until about 9AM this morning - VERY unusual for Florida in November! But pretty, none-the-less. (there is always a silver lining, right?)
So what caused this turn of events?
I think Shona Erlenborn's visit to Sanibel Island triggered the frost.
She flew down from New Jersey last week.
It **HAS** to be her fault, doesn't it?
In the meantime, Florida's weather is gorgeously welcome, with lower dew points for lower humidity, and highs in the high 70s to low 80s. We love it! And so would you, so head over our way and visit the fabulous theme parks in our area.
PS. The Barred Owls were serenading and laughing again last night!
- A Snowflake's Promise #33 Anything Goes with Optional theme of Seasons 11/29
- Come and Get It Challenges Nov 20 - "Get Well Soon" (as written above, this is for an inpatient pediatric cardiac patient in the Nationwide Children's Hospital) 11/26
- Crafting from the Heart #137 Anything Goes 11/28
- Crafty Creations #329 Christmas 12/7
- Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #308 Anything goes CUTE! 11/26
- My Besties International Challenge Blog (Nov) Anything goes 11/28
- Scrapbook Stamp Society #105 Anything Goes 12/5