My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Monday, January 02, 2023

Lovin' Lily of the Valley - Jan's Digi Stamps

 Happy New Year, my friends! I hope you all survived that terrible "Bomb Cyclone" during Christmas week. Here in Florida, we were grateful to have the fireplace burning for 4 days solid to keep the air drier and toasty warm. 


 It's a New Year, a New Month, and that means new stamps, a new sale, AND a new Anything Goes Challenge at Jan's Digi Stamps!  If you use a JDS image in your card, please mention it. There is a 2nd draw specifically for those who use one of Jan's fun images.

Do you ever...

Do you ever plan out what your card is going to look like, only to have it resemble NOTHING like your plan? That's the case for me today. Well, to be honest, that is the case every single time! (giggle) I flipped Jan's lovely bouquet horizontally, and fussy cut it first BEFORE coloring. It's the first time I've done that and I think I like it better.



Lovin' Lily of the Valley is on special for $3.75 WITH both colored and black and white versions.

After coloring 
Lovin' Lily of the Valley with Copic Markers, I "antiqued" the edges and parts of the leaves and flowers with Tea Dye Distress Ink to tone down the purple hues, and give it a bit more of a vintage appearance. 

My Great Aunt Agnes' lace graced this card, along with NBUS Honeycomb embossing folder on decades old Glossy Oyster Pearl cardstock, which is also NBUS. 

Another NBUS is the Blackberry Bliss cardstock. 

We grew lavender roses in our front flower bed, so that is why the purple theme is selected. 


Jan's fine quality PNG images are easy to color and piece together. This one brought back precious memories as I colored:

Don't forget to play in the Challenge!

Products Used: Stamps  Jan's Digi Images: Lovin' Lily of the Valley, Just For Fun Script, Dies: SB Labels 4, SB Labels 4 Grands, SB Elegant Labels 4 5x7, Other: Great Aunt Agnes' lavender lace, Express-it cardstock, Oyster Pearl Glossy cardstock, Blackberry Bliss, Lavender card stock, Craftwell Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Tea Dye & Milled Lavender Distress & Seedless Preserve Oxide ink, Copic Markers.

On a Personal Note:

In December I had my second round of lower lumbar shots, which afforded more relief, and is keeping me out of a walker and wheelchair! Also in December, the shots that made the greatest difference were the first round of shots in the cervical area. We'll see how long the benefits last. Right now, I don't have tremors in my hands. I do still drop things and have weakness, but it's nice to be able to color again, and do some fussy cutting!

I'd like to play in the following Challenges please:

  1. World Wide Open Design Team Challenge #12 AG DT 1/12
  2. Creatalicious Challenges #250 AG with "something new" (new stamp, NBU cardstock & EF).
  3. We Love Stamping (January) Favorite colors (Lavender & green are one of my favorite combinations) 2/7
  4. Crafts Galore Encore #107 AG 2/1
  5. Sweet Stampers #75 (final challenge sob!) AG 1/8
  6. Crafters Cafe Challenge #292 AG 1/11
  7. A Perfect Time to Craft Open Challenge #1 AG 2/1
  8. NBUS Challenge #46 AG never used 2/1 (new stamp, never before used lace, embossing folder, oyster pearl CS, Blackberry Bliss CS) (commented on 3 other entries)
  9. Classic Design Challenge #1 AG 2/1
  10. Morgan's Artworld #1 AG 2/1
  11. Birthstone Challenges #1 AG with Garnet &/or Amethyst Colors (I used Amethyst) 2/15

Stamping Hugs,


27 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous card Donna and a Happy New Year

gr karin

Lori m said...

Donna your card is stunning, colored to perfection and love the pop of lace, Happy New Year, hugs, Lori m

Donna Walls said...

Gorgeous card and coloring Donna! It warms my heart to see projects from you and I'm so happy to hear you are feeling some relief from the lumbar injections! Thanks for your team support for the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.
Donna xx

Chris said...

Such a beautiful card to start the New Year Donna, and what good news that your treatment is working and improving your mobility and quality of life. Going by the beautiful colouring and precise fussy-cutting of this card you've definitely regained your fine motor skills!
Wishing you and your family a healthy, happy 2023.
hugs
xxx

brenda said...

All the time Donna, it's all planned in my head and ends up looking totally different. But this card is beautiful and it's so nice to see you at We Love Stamping new January challenge, thank you so much for joining us.

Re the lumber injections, I am so pleased they are helping, as I told you a while back I get great relief from them and due more in February.

B x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Donna this is a beautiful creation the image and colours look amazing, so glad that the awful weather conditions have improved have a Happy New Year
hugs
lorraine x

Donna said...

First I am so excited that you are doing so well! Second your card is stunning, your coloring is beautiful and I like the shimmer paper, it really highlights the image!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Hi Donna this is gorgeous my friend. I am so pleased your lower lumber shots have helped you a bit. I hope you had a lovely Christmas and I wish you and hubby a Happy, Better Health and peaceful 2023.

I hope you received my Christmas card. I did send it off early December as there has been lots of postal strikes here in the UK.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Donna Phelan said...

Love the lily of the valley and pretty rose image. Your coloring is fabulous! Great news on your health! I pray it continues each and every day! Happy New Year!

Leslie Miller said...

Donna, this is absolutely gorgeous! I can't believe you fussy cut this so perfectly. Your coloring is amazing. I had Blue Girl roses at one time and they were actually more of a lavender like this. Very pretty! Your Great Aunt Agnes would be very pleased to see her lace on this delightful card. I'm so glad to hear you've had some relief and I do hope it lasts. Hugs!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Very Beautiful card with gorgeous colouring Donna. Good to hear your shots worked.
Happy New Year
Faith x

Conniecrafter said...

Oh Donna this is gorgeous, you know I don't think I have seen naturally growing purple roses before, I can't imagine how beautiful a whole bush of them look. You did a beautiful job coloring this. love how you tucked in the sentiment with the flowers, and your Aunt's lace is a beautiful touch with it, she would love to see you are getting good use of it :)
Continued prayers that the healing continues in this new year!

Pia S said...

Happy New Year, Donna! You have started off the new year with an amazing card, your coloring is absolutely beautiful and I love how you used tea dye to give it an aged look. A technique I haven't used myself before, but certainly will.

Darnell said...

First of all, I'm glad the shots have made a positive difference, Donna, and I hope the positivity continues so you can keep out of a wheelchair and keep coloring! Your card is such a lovely design, beautifully colored! You remind me that I have a whack of that pearl paper somewhere and I love the look of it embossed. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS and leaving great comments! Happy New Year Hugs, Darnell

Jan Mahew said...

Absolutely stunning color combination as well as your gorgeous coloring... it is wonderful your able to craft again! Thank you for showcasing "Lovin' Lily of the valley" on your beautiful card and that you have shared it with others.
Hugs,
Jan

cass said...

Georgeous card, thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe's Anything Goes challenge. Hoping the shots are helping

Linby said...

This is a lovely colour combo and beautifully coloured. I am pleased that your injections are allowing you to continue doing something you love, long may it continue.
Thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful work as always - great coloring thanks for sharing!!!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Beautiful work, Donna and so thankful you are doing better. xoxo

Brenda in IN said...

Hi Donna, I am delighted to have you as a new follower. I love this beautiful digi image and your coloring is so gorgeous. I read about your ME and am glad that there are shots to help with that, both cervical and lumbar. Your card reminds me of the Lily of Valley we had along the east side of our house when I was growing up. The smell is so wonderful.

Mrs A. said...

You have coloured the roses oh so beautifully. Tey really do look like the real thing. Glad to hear that your shots are making it easier for you to get around and do more crafting. Hugs Mrs A.

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card Donna and love the beautifully coloured image.Glad to hear injections are helping you health wise
Carol x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, the colors and coloring are awesome. I am so happy that you are getting some relief and you are able to create again. Missed your wonderful cards, and was the recipient of a lovely Christmas card. Take care and hope the new meds and treatments work for a long time.

Hugs
Sue

Tangii said...

Lillies in Amethyst! So pretty! Thanks for joining us at the Birthstone Challenge, hope to see you again.

Hansi Brittain said...

Your coloring is beautiful with the soft colors, blending, and distressing. What a joy to be able to color! I am glad the shots are helping you. I like how the embossed pearl paper sets off the flowers. You are not the only one who finds their completed project does not look how you pictured it. I imagine your creative muse gave you little nudges along the way to make small changes and you listened. I hope you like the completed card better. I think it's lovely.

Gail Hutchinson said...

Donna, what a beautiful card, love your colouring. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
~ Gail CT

ahlers5 said...

Such a beautiful card!
Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
~ Diane CT