Happy New Year, my friends! I hope you all survived that terrible "Bomb Cyclone" during Christmas week. Here in Florida, we were grateful to have the fireplace burning for 4 days solid to keep the air drier and toasty warm.
It's a New Year, a New Month, and that means new stamps, a new sale, AND a new Anything Goes Challenge at Jan's Digi Stamps! If you use a JDS image in your card, please mention it. There is a 2nd draw specifically for those who use one of Jan's fun images.
Do you ever...
Do you ever plan out what your card is going to look like, only to have it resemble NOTHING like your plan? That's the case for me today. Well, to be honest, that is the case every single time! (giggle) I flipped Jan's lovely bouquet horizontally, and fussy cut it first BEFORE coloring. It's the first time I've done that and I think I like it better.
Lovin' Lily of the Valley with Copic Markers, I "antiqued" the edges and parts of the leaves and flowers with Tea Dye Distress Ink to tone down the purple hues, and give it a bit more of a vintage appearance.
My Great Aunt Agnes' lace graced this card, along with NBUS Honeycomb embossing folder on decades old Glossy Oyster Pearl cardstock, which is also NBUS.
Another NBUS is the Blackberry Bliss cardstock.
We grew lavender roses in our front flower bed, so that is why the purple theme is selected.
Products Used: Stamps Jan's Digi Images: Lovin' Lily of the Valley, Just For Fun Script, Dies: SB Labels 4, SB Labels 4 Grands, SB Elegant Labels 4 5x7, Other: Great Aunt Agnes' lavender lace, Express-it cardstock, Oyster Pearl Glossy cardstock, Blackberry Bliss, Lavender card stock, Craftwell Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Tea Dye & Milled Lavender Distress & Seedless Preserve Oxide ink, Copic Markers.
On a Personal Note:
In December I had my second round of lower lumbar shots, which afforded more relief, and is keeping me out of a walker and wheelchair! Also in December, the shots that made the greatest difference were the first round of shots in the cervical area. We'll see how long the benefits last. Right now, I don't have tremors in my hands. I do still drop things and have weakness, but it's nice to be able to color again, and do some fussy cutting!
I'd like to play in the following Challenges please:
- World Wide Open Design Team Challenge #12 AG DT 1/12
- Creatalicious Challenges #250 AG with "something new" (new stamp, NBU cardstock & EF).
- We Love Stamping (January) Favorite colors (Lavender & green are one of my favorite combinations) 2/7
- Crafts Galore Encore #107 AG 2/1
- Sweet Stampers #75 (final challenge sob!) AG 1/8
- Crafters Cafe Challenge #292 AG 1/11
- A Perfect Time to Craft Open Challenge #1 AG 2/1
- NBUS Challenge #46 AG never used 2/1 (new stamp, never before used lace, embossing folder, oyster pearl CS, Blackberry Bliss CS) (commented on 3 other entries)
- Classic Design Challenge #1 AG 2/1
- Morgan's Artworld #1 AG 2/1
- Birthstone Challenges #1 AG with Garnet &/or Amethyst Colors (I used Amethyst) 2/15