My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Monday, October 17, 2022

Tweet Friends at Christmas - Jan's Digi Stamps

 

Hello, my friends! Hope Life is treating you well. If you live in an area that celebrates seasonal changes, this post is for you! It's all about Autumn and Holidays! Today I'm GUEST DESIGNING for Jan's Digi Stamps! It is the October mid-month Anything Goes Challenge at Jan's Digi Stamps! If you use a JDS image in your card, please mention it. There is a 2nd draw specifically for those who use one of Jan's fun images.

October's Sale is an all-inclusive HOCUS POCUS SALE!


Jan's images are so much fun to work with! I made a monochromatic winter snowbird scene by using the darling vine wreath set below.



First, I chose the blank black-and-white version of the wreath and cropped off everything except the little bird on the branch below the wreath. Be sure to make a copy of the digital before you crop the image. I copy and pasted the little bird and "flipped" the image so the new scene shows bird friends enjoying one another's company.


The birds and berries are colored with dark blue and gamsol.
The twig is the lighter blue:


For a little dimension, a dark gray was used:


The festive holly frame was die cut, dry embossed, and distressed with Faded Jeans color ink. The darling sentiment is from one of Jan's older sets Holiday Sleigh.

The interior uses the Winter Snowbirds again, and another sentiment from the Holiday Sleigh set.


Products: Jan's Digi Images:Winter Snowbirds (new and on sale),  Holiday Sleigh 3355 (sentiments), Dies: Spellbinders labels One for sentiment and Sue Wilson Festive Collection Ornate Holly Framed Noel CED 3073, Caran d'Ache Luminance 6901 Color Pencils and Gamsol, Faded Jeans Distress Ink.


I'd like to play in the following Challenges please:

  1. World Wide Open Design Team Challenge #10 AG DT 11/15
  2. Pammie's Inkie Pinkies #2242 AG 10/24
  3. A Perfect Time to Craft Open Challenge #10 AG 11/1
  4. Classic Design Challenge #10 AG 11/1
  5. The Alphabet Challenge (Oct 7) "N is for Nature" 10/20
  6. 52 Christmas Card Throwdown (Oct 15) Christmas Critters (using Jan's Winter Snowbirds) 10/21
  7. Crafty Friends Challenge #160 Use More than One Die 11/1 (I used: Spellbinders labels One for sentiment and Sue Wilson Festive Collection Ornate Holly Framed Noel CED 3073)
  8. CD Sunday Plus Challenge #96 AG using downloadable products ( I used 2 digital stamp sets, cropping one and making it look like two friends talking instead of being a single bird as part of a wreath. The sentiment is downloaded from another set - both sets are listed above)

Stamping Hugs,


26 comments:

brenda said...

How very delicate this looks in all the shades of blue Donna, beautifully coloured.

B x

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is gorgeous, Donna! Your colouring is beautiful, and it's so nice to see that you are making cards when you can. Love the birds and the blues! Take care, my friend.

Donna Phelan said...

Love your monochromatic creation! The shades of blues give this card such a cool Christmas vibe! The birds are sweet and your coloring is fab! Love the inside out sentiments and how carried the image to the inside as well. Merry Merry!

wannabcre8tive said...

This card is gorgeous. Your coloring is gorgeus.

Donna said...

This is stunning Donna! I like the soft blue you used and the silver glitter. Your design inside out out is gorgeous. I'm excited that you are guest designing again this month!

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a gorgeous card Donna

gr karin

cuilliesocks said...

Just so beautiful Donna, I love the blue birds with the beautiful colouring. That's a gorgeous frame. I love your whole design, Kate x

Chris said...

It's beautiful Donna, love the soft monochromatic blues and the clever way you've manipulated the image, fabulous coloring too!
Hope you are doing well
hugs
xxx

Pamela said...

This is so pretty. I like the colours you've used and the sentiment.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on your GDT and love the gorgeous monochrome card Donna great idea with the image and love the beautiful Holly frame
Carol x

Lynda said...

Stunning - great colouring - I forget about gamsol and pencils and you have inspired me to try again. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Seafield Jo said...

Wow! A stunning card. I love your colour choices and the lovely sentiment (so true).
Thanks for joining us.
Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this gorgeous card! Your ivy die is so beautiful. Love your coloring too- pretty monochromatic theme.

Carol said...

I love all the work you have put into this and how you have shown us how you have made it. Thank you for joining us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday D

Donna Walls said...

The coloring is fabulous Donna! I wish I could get results like this when I use my pencils. Thanks for being such a great team mate and for your lovely project for Jan's Digi Stamps.
Donna xx

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhhh, Donna! You make me wish I could just sit and color and make cards all day every day. Then I would order all these fabulous digis. Your card is gorgeous outside and in! Love these darling birds. You know I have a thing for bird stamps. I've been trying to cut back, ha! It's such a treat when you post. Thank you!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How very beautiful, love your colouring and the die border.
Faith x

Conniecrafter said...

Wow that is gorgeous, love the blues for coloring, that framing of it is so pretty and like how you took them into the inside too, sweet sentiment on the front

Wendy L said...

It's a beautiful digi and your colouring is lovely. Love the mono tone to it too just lovely, xxx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Donna, this is soooo lovely and elegant. And great job coloring, especially with pencils. I am in awe of how you digitally manipulated the birdies, too. Fabulous work, my friend! XOX

KraftyKoolKat said...

So gorgeous, really beautiful and cute as well. I adore the colour palette and your beautiful layout. I hope you are well my dear friend. I have been rushed off of my feet lately. No time for myself.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Cazro said...

A pretty card, with stunning colouring. The frame is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges for Nature. Caz. DT

My Paper Epiphany said...

Beautiful card! I love the bluebirds! Thanks so much for joining us at 52CCT:)

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful card! Your birds are so cute! Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange

Creaine said...

Love this! Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
Ine DT Member
http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/
owner: http://mixedmedialovers.blogspot.com

Diane Louise J said...

Thanks for entering your lovely card into our ‘more than 1 die’ challenge. Good luck and hope you can join us again next month.
Diane Louise (Team leader at Crafty Friends) xx