My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Step Card - Christmas at Sweet Stampin'

Hello, dear friends!
Hoping your Advent Journey is enjoyable as you prepare for Christmas Celebrations!

With great pleasure, I've joined the talented designers at
I'm thrilled to team up with these marvelously brilliant crafters, and hope to see your imaginative artwork each month in our "Anything Goes Christmas" Challenges. The challenge is for ANY Christmas theme craft project. December's Challenge is open until January 8.

Christmas at Sweet Stampin' also has a DT Call out! Hope you can join us!

Recently I drooled over a Crafters Companion Gemini Christmas Tree on Sue Drees' blog. She generously gifted me with several versions of die cuts from the pretty set. My card uses the pink pearl background and the ornate, white glittered detail image on a center step card!



Using IO snowflake dies on brown cardstock, I then coated them with sparkling SNS Embers ultrafine glitter.




Cute little glittered hearts peek from behind the first step:



Wishing you a fantastic week, and hope you and yours enjoy a lovely season.

Products:
  • Dies: Crafters Companion Gemini Christmas tree gifted by Sue Drees, Snowflakes from IO, Step Template from Tattered Lace, Poinsettias from Poppy Stamps, 
  • Glitter: SNS Embers G1034
  • Paper: Bazzill Pale Pink, assorted pinks, white, brown
  • Inks: Raspberry DO, Old Paper D
  • Computer generated sentiments
Challenges I am Supporting:
  1. Allsorts Challenges #497 Christmas Flowers (3 layered poinsettias) sep post 12/14
  2. Scrapyland Challenge #103 AG with dies SL sells (Crafters Companion Gemini Christmas tree gifted by Sue Drees, Snowflakes from IO, Step Template from Tattered Lace, Poinsettias from Poppy Stamps) sep post 12/19
  3. Holly and Ivy #42 Christmas (sep post) 1/8
  4. Sparkles Christmas Challenge #95 Fancy Fold Christmas 01/01
Stamping Hugs,





26 comments:

Chris said...

Donna, I was so pleased when I heard that you were going to be our new teamie! I knew you would produce some fabulous inspiration for us and I'm not disappointed! Your card is beautiful, such lovely die cuts, fabulous sparkle and pretty colours...welcome to the team!
Chris
x

SD pooja said...

It's a pretty step card Donna !! Congrats on joining new team :)

cotnob said...

A stunning card Donna, your tree is fabulous and I love your beautiful Poinsettias - such a pretty colour combination and super design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Donna said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, great colors, shimmer, design, saying, love it!

Bunny said...

A beautiful card. I love the pink, white and ember. The sparkle is lovely. Wonderful dies. [Bunny]

cuilliesocks said...

Oh how beautiful Donna, I love your design and the gorgeous dies, such pretty colours too, Kate x

Wendy L said...

Hi Donna, your stepper card is stunning, so beautiful, xxx

Jackie T said...

Oh wow Donna this is a stunning stepper card. It is simply beautiful. I love everything about it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

pam said...

Congratulations on your new DT position Dee..
Wow what a fantastic first make , love your stepper card and glittery tree, beautiful decorations.
Hugs Pam x

Dawn Phillips said...

This is such a pretty card. Love Dawn x

Kathleen said...

Super shape of the card, great use of the pink and white and super dies.
Thank you for joining our 'Christmas Flowers' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on your new DT Donna--and love your fabulous easel card and beautiful selection of dies
Carol x

*Vicki* said...

Yay!! Well deserved new DT spot my friend! They are lucky to have you with them for sure!! Your creation is out of this world stunning!! Love that gorgeous and elegant die that was gifted to you from Sue!! Your flowers are so pretty and you have such amazing dimension going on in your design here Donna!! I love every bit of it including the sentiment!! So thrilled and happy for your friend! HUGS

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhhh, this is absolutely beautiful in such a sweet, pink, sparkly kinda way! That tree die is gorgeous. I do love anything swirly. Sometimes the detailed dies can be a pain, but when they're good, they're very very good! Love the hearts in the poinsettias, and the snowflakes backing them up. The heart border adds to the sweetness, as well. I'm smitten!

Conniecrafter said...

I so love the beautiful pink, gives it a Victorian feel, gorgeous job with shaping your flowers and the tree is so pretty with all the swirls!

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is a very beautiful card Donna.
Gr Karin

Shona Erlenborn said...

First of all congrats. on your new DT position! This card is gorgeous, I just love that color combination! The pastel pink with the sparkly brown is stunning. Beautiful work, my friend.

Beebeebabs said...

Wow you absolutely outdid yourself - love your card it is absolutely stunning - love love love everything about it - great job as always!!!

sarascloset said...

Congratulations to you AND to Sweet Stampin'! They are so lucky to have you on board! What a drop dead gorgeous card for your debut! I love those pastels along with the shimmer! My goodness, I am loving those snowflakes! You managed to capture their sparkly goodness on camera! Wow! Someone is going to be very lucky to receive this feminine Christmas card! Merry Christmas to you and big hugs!

Jackie C said...

Fabulous Donna! Great colours too. This has come together beautifully!
Just perfect for the Challenge! Great project! Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at The Holly & The Ivy. Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @ TH&TI

Lori Kobular said...

How did I ever miss this beauty?? I love, love, love this card! That Christmas Tree is gorgeous! I love to see pretty pinks at Christmas! This is absolutely gorgeous! I apologize for being MIA lately! Having trouble staying on top of things lately! I promise to be better soon!!

Sue said...

Sooooooo pretty in pink! I knew you would do something awesome with this beautiful die!! And you proved me right. Love the lovely flowers flanking the tree and the embossed background. Awesome make as always.

Hugs
Sue

Tiphanie B. said...

It's really beautiful, I love the non traditional colors ! Thank you for joining us at Scrapyland Challenge

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Stunning card Donna. Love the pink and white! So fresh and so pretty for a Christmas card! Love the sparkly elements too. So gorgeous. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Lynne said...

This is a beautiful card with so much work put into it and love the pink, it makes a nice change instead of the usual colours. Thank you for joining in at Sparkles Christmas challenge. Lynne DT

Debbie said...

Wow, what a spectacular card. Loving the folds too. It fits perfectly with our challenge so thank you for joining in with us at Sparkles Christmas. Good luck and well done on your new DT post. Enjoy it. Hugs Debs DT xx