My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Thursday, December 20, 2018

No Cards! Moving Along With The Times

Hi, Everyone!
Here is my last post of the year, with the very best wishes to all my friends and visitors. May Peace, Good Health, and Safe Times be with you all.


And now... 



It's time to share a Project for the new Moving Along With The Times Challenge!

Challenge #87's theme is ANYTHING BUT A CARD - for the next 2 weeks!




I "corrugated" a piece of white cardstock with my wavy crimper and rubbed VersaFine Clair Tulip Red on the raised portions. Then Stampendous Shabby White embossing enamel was heat set. Actually, I thought it was going to have white elements with a touch of gold, but the gold really shows off, and is quite glittery!

The background is dry embossed with a Cuttlebug 5x7 folder, distressed with VersaFine Clair Tulip Red, dredged with SNS White Detail EP, and heat set.

An old SU greetings stamp was stamped on vellum with VersaFine Clair Tulip Red and heat set with SNS Red Apple Detail EP.

Sigh. I always have fun playing with embossing powders! It's what got me into stamping in the very beginning!


Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to play in our challenge this fortnight!

Moving Along With The Times Challenge.

Products Used:
  • Dies: Spellbinders Big Scallop Ovals, SB Tear Drop Circles (ribbon)
  • Image: Penny Black "Snowy", SU Christmas Wishes
  • Embossing Powder: SNS White DetailStampendous Shabby White embossing enamel, SNS Red Apple Detail
  • Copics and Prismacolor Markers
  • MS Starlight Border Punch, Red Ribbon
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaFine Clair Tulip Red
  • White Flocking (hat)
  • Cardstock: Red, White, Aqua, Vellum, Gold Glossy
Stamping Hugs,






21 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous, Donna!! That adorable snowman is so cute!! I love the embossed hat and scarf and his rosy cheeks!! The background is beautiful!! I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and a happy holiday season!! Christmas hugs, dear friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

This is really gorgeous Donna, with such detail

Wishing you and yours a very happy Christmas, best wishes for the new year and I look forward to seeing more of your fabulous creations

Crafty hugs....

June

KraftyKoolKat said...

So cute Donna. Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas sweetie. Keep well & safe but enjoy yourself.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous, love the sweet image. Wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas.
Hugs
Linda xxx

cotnob said...

A fabulous tag Donna, such a super snowman and I love your red and blue colour combination.
Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sue said...

Hi Donna, That is so pretty.

Hope you have a nice Christmas. Hugs Sue

Leslie Miller said...

Awww, look at the fluff on his hat! This is so darling, Donna, with all the different kinds of embossing. It was embossing that started me on stamping, too. It was fascinating! And now I hardly ever emboss anymore, tsk tsk. Love the script on the sentiment, and the beautiful little eyelet-like feature you made for the hole. I hope you have a very merry Christmas!

Debbie Mageed said...

Oh, Donna, this is absolutely wonderful!! I love that adorable snowman and your tag is perfectly done. I wish for you a blessed holiday and a new year that is as wonderful as you are.
Hugs!
Debbie

Donna said...

Such a gorgeous tag, like the shimmer on the snowman's scarf and hat and the tag itself is creative and beautiful, this will be as exciting as the present it on! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a fantastic tag you made and I love all the wonderful things you placed upon it. Snowy looks so great too and he is such a happy and fun snowman image. One of my favorites. You have a great Christmas now and see you in the New Year.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh Donna that is just too cute, that little snowman just put a smile on my face. Love the flocking and his cute pink cheeks :)
Wishing you the most wonderful Christmas and a very Happy and Healthy new year!

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is just adorable Donna! Love the crimped piece - you always add just another fun little piece to your projects. Merry Christmas dear friend!

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous tag Donna and love the cute snowman so well wrapped up for the cold and beautiful embossing-Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Carol x

Wendy said...

Gorgeous tag Donna, my favourite snowman...Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Hugs
Wendy xx

Lori Kobular said...

This snowman tag just makes me smile!! He is so cute!! I just want to give him a big hug!! Love it!! PS ~ I have that same snowman stamp and I don't think I used him yet! I think I have to now!!

Ina G said...

Simply beautiful Donna. Fabulous backgrounds. Love the slanted vellum and your snowman is so cute. Great effect you achieved on the hat and scarf. Hope you have a Very Merry Christmas.

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is one of my favourite holiday colour combos, Donna! I LOVE your gorgeous snowman tag!

Mrs A. said...

Snowy is one of my favourite Penny Black stamps along with the Caroling Duck of course. Love all the embossing on here.
Wishing you a Happy Christmas and Crafty New Year. Hugs Mrs A.

Donna Phelan said...

Oh Please, that tag just couldn't be any cuter! That snowman looks so cuddly, even in freezing temperatures! Hope your Holiday was fabulous! Happy New Year!!!

Sue said...

I do love me a snowman, and this little guy is adorable in that bright red!!
What a fabulous background too! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you a Blessed New Year, including good health and happiness.

Hugs
Sue

*Vicki* said...

Oh Donna, have I missed this ADORABLE tag somehow?!! Craziness of the season and old age approaching I'm guessing is the reason? LOL!! Snowmen are my fave during this time and yours is so cute especially with his fuzzy hat trimmings! Your tag is full of beautiful details and texture my friend!! I love it!! Hope you had a very happy Christmas my dear!! HUGS