Here in Florida we have vacillated from being freezing (well below normal) to the 80s (above normal), so it's been a strange, humid Autumn for us.
Today's card share is full of experiments, some good, some disappointing, but everything worked out in the end.
Challenge #86's theme is ANYTHING CHRISTMAS - for the next 2 weeks just make sure your project is Christmas themed, and upload!
On watercolor paper, the image was partially inked with Tulip Red VersaFine Clair and heat set with Firecracker Red Detail embossing powder. It contains glitter, so there is a lot of sparkle on the card. I deliberately chose the textured side of the watercolor paper. After coloring the poinsettias with distress inks, I painted on Masking Fluid, allowing it to dry completely. (TIP: use an old brush):
After heat setting the Mica Mist, I wet the cardstock again in certain areas, applied a color of distress ink, heat set, and repeated the process using the following colors: Spun Sugar, Pine Needles, Peeled Paint, Lemonade, Worn Lipstick. Then I rubbed off the masking fluid.
Moving Along With The Times Challenge.
- Stamps: Stampendous 6x6 Poinsettia Collage, SNS Crackle Background 5x6, "Joy" SU small script word set,
- Embossing Powder: Clear Detail, Firecracker Red Detail (with glitter)
- Masking Fluid
- Fresh Pear Mica Mist
- Inks: Tulip Red VersaFine Clair, the following distress inks: Spun Sugar, Pine Needles, Peeled Paint, Lemonade, Worn Lipstick
- Dies: SW Essential Sized Pierced Noble Rectangles,
- ABC Christmas Challenge (Y, Z) Z is for ZERO EMBELLISHMENTS 01/02
- Archi-Scraps Challenge (December) Anything Christmas (right side bar - name country) 01/01
- A Bit More Time to Craft #81 AG (sep post) 12/15
- Christmas Crafts All Year Round (Dec 1) Christmas AG 01/01
- Crafty Addicts #55 AG Christmas 01/02
- Crafty Friends #98 Christmas 12/16
- Crafty Gals Corner#180 AG Christmas 12/19
- Kerst Christmas (Dec 1) Christmas 01/01 FB
- Merry Little Christmas #5 AG Christmas 01/01 sep post
- Pammie's Inky Pinkies #1848 AG 12/10 sep post
- Scrapyland Challenge #103 AG with dies SL sells (2 dies from the SW Essential Sized Pierced Noble Rectangles) 12/19 (sep post)
- The Artistic Stamper (Dec 1) Christmas (sep post) 01/01 FB ALSO, leave comment
- World Wide Open DT Challenge #11 AG for a DT 12/15 (sep post)