My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Saturday, July 01, 2017

Cards For Little Hearts - Card Drive for Children's Hospital

On your mark...
Get set...
GO!

It's officially here!
The kick off date for 
CARDS FOR LITTLE HEARTS
card drive from July 1 thru August 25!


All the details are found here for card guidelines and fabulous prizes.
EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATES WILL RECEIVE TWO DIGITAL SETS.

Not only will your cards cheer the heart of a hospitalized pediatric cardiac patient (ages 0 thru 19),

but you'll have chances at winning several great prizes donated by a number of sponsors.

I will be having candy here on my blog as well,
kindly donated by Bugaboo Designs accompanied by fun, new sentiments, 
during our blog hop beginning August 1!
The link to my blog candy is Snowman Snowflake Digi Set.
The card drive is from July 1st thru August 25th so get ready to make those cards.

Please be sure to read all the guidelines before sweetly creating for little children!



My blog candy will be this darling Snowman Set by Bugaboo Designs:


Here are two cards I'll be sending, just to give you an idea of how simple these thoughtful gestures can be:


Precolored snowman with additional shading and coloring with pastel chalks.
Happiness is a heartfelt hug and time spent with your best friend:


Since we are using A2 size cards (that was my biggest challenge) with very little embellishing, I found it a perfect time to use paper scraps in my layering.


Thanks for doing what you can, and remember, even if you cannot send a card, I hope you will still hop with us on August 1 and become eligible for prizes.

Challenges I'd like to play in please:

  1. My time to Craft #349 Christmas in July (7/14)
  2. The Merry Christmas Challenge (June 30) Snowmen 7/4
  3. Winter Wonderland Challenge (June 23) Snowmen 7/5
  4. Christmas at Sweet Stampin' (June) Anything Christmas 7/12
  5. Crafting by Designs (June) Anything Christmas 7/5
  6. The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #9 Anything Christmas 7/10
PS - I'm embarrassed to say this, but I apparently saved "over" my original posting, and the links to the challenge blogs were lost. If you are visiting from one of those challenges, if it is not too much trouble, will you please say so in your comment so I can relink? I'm so embarrassed, and tried to find all of the challenges I originally submitted to.


Snowman Hugs,





41 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Sweet card De for a fabulous cause....love the cute snowman and his puppy.xx [aNNie]

Sue said...

Donna, They are lovely.

Hope you are having a nice weekend. Sue

Jackie T said...

Hi Donna your Christmas cards are gorgeous those snowmen are so cute. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Chris said...

These sweet cards with the cute snowmen and the bright cheerful colours have real child appeal! Perfect for the great cause you are promoting.
hugs
Chris
x

BożenA said...

Hello Donna
Two beautiful twin cards. Very festive. Someone will be very happy in the Christmas period :-)
Hugs,
BożenA

Donna Phelan said...

Such happy snowmen! I love their whole personality....and the cool breeze they are giving off on this humid morning! Super cute and that die cut panel is fantastic! You are such a blessing to so many! xo~

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are super sweet and beautiful Donna
Gr Karin

Beebeebabs said...

Cute cute cards - love the image and beautiful die cut another great creation thanks for sharing!!!

brenda said...

Those sweet snowman look lovely in the delicate frame Donna and how well that gingham goes for a Christmas theme, must remember that one.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

B x

Linda Simpson said...

These are gorgeous Donna, I do love snowmen and this is just adorable.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Christina said...

Oh this is just too gorgeous and sweet Donna! I love the image and the intricate die frame! You have such a beautiful heart Donna. Thank you for doing this and for blessing me with your sweet friendship. Wishing you and your sweet hubby a braiding 4th of July weekend. Hugs.

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Hallo liebe Donna,

zwei traumhaft schöne Schneemannkarten hast du gestaltet. Ich liebe Schneemannmotive so sehr. Deine beiden Karten mit dem wunderschönen Stanzteil gefallen mir mega gut. Ich wünsche dir ein schönes Wochenende. Hugs Silvi

KraftyKoolKat said...

Two really cute and gorgeous creations Donna for a very worthwhile cause.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Linda said...

Donna, this is such a worthwhile endeavour! Beautiful cards!

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing at The Merry Christmas Challenge.
~Owner/DT Janis

Kath said...

Fabulous card - lovely snowman and a great design. Thank you for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland.
Kath x

Lori Kobular said...

Oh Donna!! I am in LOVE with that adorable snowman with the dog!! Who makes that adorable stamp?? Love your cards and so glad you are participating in this wonderful Card Drive again!

Lisa said...

Oh, this is so sweet, Donna!! The snowman is so adorable!! I love the little puppy!! The die you used to frame them is so gorgeous!! I love, love this, my sweet friend!! Beautiful cards for a beautiful cause!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Verna Angerhofer said...

These are fabulous and so very fun. Iove the die frame you used too.

pam said...

Fabulous image on this, great craft card Donne, two beautiful colours.
Hugs Pam x

cotnob said...

Fabulous cards Donna, such a fun snowman and great design - both colourways are gorgeous.
I hope you are enjoying the weekend.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Chris said...

Just popped back to say thanks for sharing your beautiful cards at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'...lovely to see you here!
Chris
xx

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

You are so thoughtful to be doing all this for the children, and I know they will appreciate it. Your snowmen are adorable. I love the white frame you put around each one. I am grateful the world has people like you in it.

Conniecrafter said...

Snowman are my favorite and these are just too cute, I totally love the little dog with it too!
You sure chose some lovely framing with those dies!

NanaConnie said...

I'm working on a few more cards for this myself, and you'll be seeing them throughout the month. I adore your little snowman, Donna, and your die choices show him off beautifully! I love using scraps and your are perfect for the seasonal color combo. Well done, my friend. :-D

Karen said...

Sweet friend, of course this post brought a tear to my eyes... and my heart. These cards will deliver healing love far more potent than anything else could. I adore this image and your stunning cards showcasing it. This cause is so beautiful. I hope those who are unsure if they will participate do not underestimate the power of this gesture. One of the little cancer warriors I created for kept them stashed right by her bed to keep away the monsters at night... and not the typical monsters healthy kids get ideas about. I love that you are doing this once again. Thank you for sharing your beautiful heart with a world in dire need.

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

Valerija said...

Just stunning, love them both!
Valerija xx

Becky said...

Two great cards. I love that die cut frame.

Pia S said...

Although you usually decorate your cards lots more with glitter and stash I find these card so sweet and decorative. And it's fascinating to see what a difference colors make, these cards are similar and yet so different. A2 is my preferred card size, and I love making Christmas cards, so will try and make a few for this good cause.

Carol S. said...

Brilliant card and love the snowman. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland and hope you join us again. Carol S. DT

Janice said...

Such a cute snowman Donna! Both really lovely designs which look super in both colours.
Janice x

Stampsnob. said...

Love the cause and your cards are perfect ...........Lis

*Vicki* said...

Now how stinkin' CUTE are these snowmen?!! I adore BOTH of your creations here esepcailly with the heart sentiment over your image panel Donna! You've cut them out with a beautiful frame ide and the colors are perfect!! Thanks for sharing these with us! I'm most definately going to be participating in this event for sure! What a great cause!! HUGS :)

Desire Fourie said...

Such fun and festive Christmas designs Donna. Love the red and green versions.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Leslie Miller said...

Cute x 2! The pre-colored digis sure do make it easier and these are just darling in both colors! Gosh, I need to pick up the stamping pace so I can join in. Thank goodness for your kind heart, Donna!

April said...

I love these! So cute. I know the children will love them!

Mrs A. said...

These are super and for such a great cause. Hugs Mrs A.

Shirley said...

Two amazing cards Donna plus you have such a big heart I am sure whoever receives these cards will love them to bits. Your kindness is amazing.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

Marisa Job said...

Beautiful cards and for a great cause! The children will love them!

sarascloset said...

Donna, what a sweet thing for you to do! I hopped over to check it out, and I have got to join in this wonderful cause! Thank you for enlightening me! Your cards are so sweet, and I know they are going to brighten two very special lives! Hugs!

StampNScrapJunkie said...

Running super late visiting your blog but I did want to thank you for joining us at My Time to Craft Challenge Blog and sharing your wonderful project. I look forward to seeing you again.
Crafty hugs,
Ema