Badges are awarded for the Spotlight Winner and Top Picks.
All paper-crafting projects are welcome.
Challenge ends on July 19.
The colors are so brilliantly happy, that I chose the artist's amazing precolored images, and simply could not limit myself to one card - but tried using the same images in different ways, with the same color schemes. Not too much glitter, though, so that the artist's pretty coloring shows through.
Each card is a 5"x7" design. The sentiments are also available at the FSS store (Fred She Said "Butterfly Dreams" Sentiment Set).
While the same color butterfly is used on each card,
the backgrounds are an assortment from the many being offered at Fred She Said's collection.
First, an oval with blue and green, using one of the pretty watercolor backgrounds:
Next, a pretty blue garden with a less detailed background. The backgrounds are also available preformatted in an oval and look fantastic cut in an A2 rectangle shape:
I added a touch of orange to the pretty precolored images. this sentiment comes in solid black as well as blue highlights. The butterfly also is available in a magical rainbow color scheme!
A simple green card with some gems. flowers have been added to the background. The flowers are available in a number of colors, and can be used with or without the backgrounds! (click on the image below for a better view):
And LASTLY, a fun pocket card - using glossy card stock on the pocket.
A belly band accompanies pocket card "just because":
Tag is inside, and the belly band adorns the outside:
Back side of the tag:
Front side of the tag uses the pretty very detailed distressed watercolor sketch background with added flowers. The butterfly, bottom left leafy twig, and the right flower are all popped up for dimension::
Don't forget to upload your Butterfly Creations to the
Cardz 4 Galz Challenge.
- Fred She Said Distressed Butterfly and Blossoms Colored Set
- Fred She Said Watercolor Backgrounds for the new butterfly set
- Fred She Said "Butterfly Dreams" Sentiment Set
- 1/4" Tear-ific Tape
- NUVO Crystal Drops Wedgewood Blue (butterfly body)
- Cerulean Star EP433 glitter embossing powder (coating the leaves)
- Sue Wilson Double Pierced Rectangles
- Spellbinders Detailed Scallops, Fleur de Elegance, Fancy Tags Sets
- Memory Box Chloe Stem die
- Quickuts Scallop Oval die set
- MS Bangle Chain Trim, Craftwell embossing folders, DLR ribbon
- Lace, Copic Markers, Distress Inks, Glossy and Matte card stocks, sticker rhinestones
The weeds are abundant during our hot and steamy summer weather in Florida - mulching helps, but certain tiny seeds have a way of making big plants everywhere!
I suppose it is like that in our lives, too. We try to keep unwanted "weeds" from taking root, but they are always finding new ways to sneak in.
On the plus side, that gives us lots of opportunities for personal growth, right?
Your encouragment helps me pull those "weeds" out and plant beautiful "flowers".
Hopefully, I do the same for you (smile).
- Crafty Card Makers #192 Tic Tac Toe (SHOWN BELOW) 7/16 (diagonally gems-digital stamps-die cuts)
- Creates and Makes Challenges #13 Anything Goes Plus Create a Sentiment (I created all the sentiments shown on these cards) 7/25
- Crafting By Designs (July) Anything Goes 8/2
- World Wide Open DT Challenge #23 anything from a DT post (7-15)
- Scrapy Land #69 Anything with Dies Scrapy Land sells (listed above in ingredients) 7/19
- Creative Sketchy Girls Challenge #13 Bingo Card (below) middle row BUTTERFLIES-YELLOW-RIBBON for my blue card and my pocket card 7/16
- Craft Rocket Challenges (#39) Anything Goes 8/3
- Crafting With An Attitude #29 Anything Goes 8/3
- Crafty Girls Creations Challenge #38 Anything Goes 8/1
- The Alphabet Challenge (July 7) "I is for Insects" 7/21
- Tic Tac Toe Challenge #TTTC005 (chart below) horizontally middle row PEARLS-DIECUTS-BUTTERFLY (my green card with oval center) 7/12