My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Cards For Little Hearts - Card Drive for Children's Hospital

We are nearly four weeks into the CARDS FOR LITTLE HEARTS card drive.
Thanks to everyone who has been making cards, and sending them to Christina Hor.

In a few days, the CARDS FOR LITTLE HEARTS blog hop kicks off!
There are prizes from generous sponsors for winners of those who hop along with us.


If you're not able to do the blog hop, but still want to contribute to the cause,
all the details are found here for card guidelines and fabulous prizes.

EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATES WILL RECEIVE TWO DIGITAL SETS.

Not only will your cards cheer the heart of a hospitalized pediatric cardiac patient (ages 0 thru 19),

but you'll have chances at winning several great prizes donated by a number of sponsors.

I will be having candy here on my blog as well,
kindly donated by Bugaboo Designs accompanied by fun, new sentiments, 
during our blog hop beginning August 1! The Blog Hop Winner will be announced on August 8.
The card drive lasts from July 1st thru August 25th so get ready to make those cards.
Card Drive winners will be announced on September 1.

Please be sure to read all the guidelines before sweetly creating for little children!


To purchase this adorable set, please visit Bugaboo's
 Snowman-Snowflake.



My blog candy will be this darling Snowman Set by Bugaboo Designs:

(My blog hop prize has one extra sentiment with the snowflake on it.)

Below are two cards I'll be sending, just to give you an idea of how simple these thoughtful gestures can be. Precolored snowman with additional shading and coloring with pastel chalks.
Happiness is a heartfelt hug and time spent with your best friend:


Since we are using A2 size cards (that was my biggest challenge) with very little embellishing, I found it a perfect time to use paper scraps in my layering. In the frame below, I die cut from glitter cardstock because the glitter will not rub off into little eyes:


Thanks for doing what you can, and remember, even if you cannot send a card, I hope you will still hop with us on August 1 and become eligible for prizes.

Here are some freebies for your cards. Just click on the Heart(s) you want, then right click to save to your computer. Resize on your word processor to whatever size you like. These are PNGs and are transparent outside of the heart area. Ink them up and play! Please, no commercial use, and no reproduction for selling.




Enjoy!

Challenges I'd like to play in please:
  1. Kerst Christmas "July" Christmas Always 8/1
  2. Christmas at Sweet Stampin' July "Anything Christmas 8/7 (sep post)
  3. Crafting by Designs (July 26) Anything Christmas 8/1
  4. Christmas Cards All Year Long (July) Anything Christmas 8/1 
  5. The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #11 Anything Christmas Goes 8/6 (sep post)
  6. the Unicorn Challenge #23 Christmas in July 7/27 (sep post)
  7. Winter Wonderland (July 21) "Use A Digi" 7/5 (sep post)

Snowman Hugs,




41 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Donna, Love the cards.

Hope you have a fab Friday. Sue

Shirley said...

Super cute Donna and you are a little treasure to make for the 'Cards For Little Hearts' how inspiring you are.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

aussie aNNie said...

Always thinking of other people you are and what a wonderful full-filling moment it is with these gorgeous cards.xx[aNNie]

Valerija said...

Fabulous cards..love the colours and wonderful image.

Beebeebabs said...

Such a beautiful card and image - great coloring and love the choice of die - another great creation. Thanks for sharing the lovely freebies. Have a great weekend my friend!!!

SD pooja said...

I loved the use of warm colors on your cards.. Mostly seen a snowman cards with blue n whilte combo ,yours are different and lovely :)

Chris said...

These Christmas cards are so sweet Donna, cute little snowmen, bright cheerful colours...great child appeal.
It's very kind of you to promote this excellent cause, will do my best to make a contribution!
hugs
Chris
x

KarinsArtScrap said...

2 gorgeous snowman Donna, and very beautiful cards
Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Donna these cards are gorgeous I love them both. The snowman is so cute. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such gorgeous happy snowmen and cards sweetie.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Becky said...

Beautiful cards. I love snowmen. It's been so hot here, I wish we would get a little snow. ;-)

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my goodness Donna, I have a thing for snowmen and these are just the most cutest ones I have seen. Fabulous cards as always my friend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Marisa Job said...

Beautiful cards! Love the images, so cute!

Tracey T said...

I love these cards! Thank you for playing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'! Tracey

Leslie Miller said...

Pretty, sweet, adorable, absolutely darling! I still have that frame die and had forgotten how pretty it is, but I'm reminded now. Will have to get it out to play. You did a fantastic job with these A2 cards! You are kind to share the heart sentiments, too!

Lisa said...

Oh Donna, these are so sweet and beautiful!! I love the snowmen!! The colors and design are fabulous!! These will be so adored by the recipients!! Have a great weekend, my friend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kath said...

Fabulous cards and such sweet snowmen. Thank you for sharing with us at Christmas Cards All Year Round.
Kath x

cotnob said...

Super cards Donna, such a jolly snowman and lovely frame - a wonderful cause.
Have a lovely weekend.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

You have achieved such warmness to these cards, Donna, with the yellows and reds. When I first saw them, I immediately thought "wow, those snowmen are giving off so much warmth" from their hearts must be otherwise they would melt. The kids will LOVE these, Donna. Beautifully colored!

Ina G said...

Gorgeous cards Donna and such simple layouts. Fabulous!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Such wonderful cards, great coloring and I love those dies you used to frame them so perfectly.

pam said...

Two beautiful cards Donna, Love the touch`s you added to the coloured snowmen toppers, lovely frames and embossed background.
Hugs Pam x

Lori Kobular said...

Donna you colored the snowmen perfectly! Both cards are just as sweet as can be and will surely brighten a child's day! I love your post, I wish I could write up my posts as well as you write yours! I can't wait for the Blog Hop on August 1st to see all the wonderful creations!

Linda said...

What beautiful and cheerful cards, Donna!

Anet's Crafting said...

Your Christmas cards are beautiful Donna. Love the pretty frames and embossed background. Fabulous colouring. Anet x

Dortesjs said...

Beautiful cards, so sweet they are

Janice said...

Both cards are so cute Donna, I love he colour combinations you have used!
Janice x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Donna thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog, I am still not around much but I just had to come and visit, these are two glorious creations I totally love the images and colours you have used, I hope to visit more regularly in the near future, until then take care
hugs
lorraine x

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Hallo liebe Donna,
Ich liebe deine Schneemannkarte sehr. Schneemänner Motive finde ich super. Die Gestaltung der Karten gefällt mir sehr gut. Ich bin begeistert. Ich wünsche dir ein schönes Wochenende. Ganz liebe Knuddelgrüße herzlichst Silvi

Diane said...

These are super cute~sweet~adorable!!! I love~love snowman images and this one with the little bird is the cutest!! What a fun program you have joined...love the entire design of these cuties!! Have a fabulous weekend!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Such precious cards for such a wonderful cause! You are remarkable! Always finding time to help others like this. What a gorgeous color combination for these little snowmen. Both are just so full of love and warmth.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Donna, Your cards are very beautiful, I love the frames around the super cute snowmen. How wonderful you are doing this for a great cause. Take care, big hugs, Shirleyxx

Pia S said...

They're so sweet! I like how you used opposite colors on the cards, a little difference with a major impact!

Conniecrafter said...

Awww these are just so sweet, the little ones will be happy to see them, great idea to use the glitter paper for the framing, sweet sentiment!

aussie aNNie said...

Thank you for your lovely comment DE, you always bring a smile to my face and warmth in my heart, luv ya my friend.xx [aNNie]

Sue said...

Donna, I LOVE the red and yellow color combo. Snowman is adorable and colored up beautifully. What beautiful cards. I know they will be so appreciated
by the children and their families.

Hugs
Sue

crafty-stamper said...

Love the gorgeously cute snowman and the die-cut frames-love the chalk colouring too
Carol x

SewPaperPaint said...

You are so smart to make two cards in one pass. I am trying to remember to do this, particularly with Christmas cards. These are fabulous and the colors work just as well on both. Hugs, Autumn

*Vicki* said...

Oh this snowman has just pulled on my heart strings!! I love your fabulous color choices for these cards and that glittery frame is stunning!! Really loving how you're using your heart sentiments too!! HUGS

Pat K said...

Wow.these are gorgeous. Great colouring and design. Thanks for playing along with us at Winter Wonderland. Pat K xx

Donna Phelan said...

Again, great colors and adorable images! I always look for your glittered accents, the panel looks fantastic! I love those sweet little gingham hearts too, so happy, sunny AND rustic! These are wonderful!