My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Wednesday, March 15, 2023

March Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

It's so nice of you to drop by. I'm wishing you and yours all the best that Life can bring!

 

It's time for a new Challenge at Beautiful Blossoms

It is a fun "mood-board-inspired" monthly challenge which features Flowers as the main focus. 

The Mood Board is a starting point, and your artwork is where your imagination takes you! 

Details are on the blog. Hope to see you there! 

I was inspired by the tulipspinks, and shades of green in this mood board.

Today's card is full of "oldies". Old stamps, mostly old inks, old techniques, even old paper! Maybe even "the Old" was inspired by the mood board with the retro pop coat in the bottom right. (smile)


Because this virginal stamp was inked with VersaFine Clair, an old, old technique was utilized to blend in the pink tones. Remember the Dove Blenders? That was used with Distress inkers. A Copic marker was lightly used to highlight the green tones. Easy and quick!

Looking forward to seeing how this month's mood board inspires you 

at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

Products: Stamping Up! Burlap Stamp (2017) and Early Spring (2003) sets - both NBUS, Distress Inks in Spun Sugar, Forest Moss, Mowed Lawn, Kitsch Flamingo (all years old), Dove Blender, Green Oasis & Verdant VersaFine Clair, Lightly used YG01 Copic, Sue Wilson Ornate Pierced Rectangles

Challenges I'm Playing In:

  1. Inspiration Station (March) Use mood board 3/31 (check 4/3)
 

   2. Colorful Options (March) colors of green 3/28

Stamping Hugs,



23 comments:

brenda said...

How beautiful Dona, your Tulips have such a dreamy almost ethereal feel to them and isn't it a good feeling to get out those oldies now and again.

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous look for those lovely tulips!! Love the background too!

Donna Walls said...

Donna, your cards are always a work of art. Don't you love "shopping your stash" and finding treasures you've forgotten about? Thanks for a wonderful team project for the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge this month!
Donna xx

Shona Erlenborn said...

This does not look easy and quick! Another beautiful creation! That strip of pink brings out the pop of pink of the tulips - you are so creative Donna!

Diane said...

Beautifully created Donna, what a great technique, feels pretty good to get the old out and put to use doesn't it? A fabulously designed card! And thanks for joining us at Colorful Options too!

Darlene said...

WOW! What a beautiful image and your coloring is spot on!!

Carol L said...

That is really a cool looking card, and I love the simple edge of pink that reflects those tulips perfectly! Fun card!

Leslie Miller said...

Donna, your pretty tulips are fascinating to me in that I love all the older products you used, including the SU Burlap background. I remember hearing about the Dove blenders so I looked them up and they're still around with refills and extra tips. I'm wondering about the quality of the tips or nibs. You know I love my Tombows with homemade blender, but really curious about this. See how you inspire me? Thank you!

Donna Phelan said...

Loving the look of your pretty pink tulips and all of that lovely green. Great color combo and so Spring like!!!

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a lovely card Donna

gr karin

cuilliesocks said...

I just love your beautiful tulips Donna, and the gorgeous colour pallet. It's a gorgeous card, Kate x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is really gorgeous Donna, a great artistic flair.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Donna said...

Beautiful card, I like the look of this stamp and your background and the pink strip complement it so well.

Donna Walls said...

I'm popping back to say thanks for sharing with us at the Inspiration Station Challenge. We're partnering with Double Trouble so please consider playing there as well.
Donna xx
Beautiul Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge

Conniecrafter said...

So pretty, I like how you added the touch of color to your flowers, and the pink strip off to the left to bring out the color!

Chris said...

This is beautiful Donna, lovely shades of green, my favourite colour, love how you've coloured the stamp, such an effective technique.
xx

Lori m said...

Fabulous card, those shades of green are gorgeous, lovely, designed card and pretty new blog header, hugs, Lori m

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

This is beautiful Donna and I do love tulips. It almost looks like fabric. I do love a bit of retro and vintage and Im looking forward to my tulips showing their heads in the garden too, especially after all this unexpected cold weather that we have had for this time of year. Michelle x

Lisa said...

What a fantastic image you have and I love how the mood board inspired this card. It is great when we can pull out old stamps for new cards.

Maryann scrapbooking said...

Merci Donna pour votre très gentil commentaire sur mon blog.
Oui, les glaïeuls ne poussent pas partout, mais cela fait de si jolis bouquets. Moi, je n'ai pas de jardins, alors comme j'adore les fleurs, je fleuris mon balcon en été et le reste de l'année, j'achète des bouquets.
Mais j'ai la chance d'avoir un mari qui fleurit les évènements importants.
Très joli blog, Donna et superbe carte avec des tulipes ♥
MaryannG
Thank you Donna for your very nice comment on my blog.
Yes, gladioli don't grow everywhere, but they make such pretty bouquets. Me, I don't have gardens, so as I love flowers, I flower my balcony in summer and the rest of the year, I buy bouquets.
But I'm lucky to have a husband who flowers important events.
Very nice blog, Donna and beautiful card with tulips ♥

kel Acopan said...

love this, it's so dreamy!! great job using up the oldies but goodies!

lovies, =o) kel

Pia S said...

Beautiful spring creation! I just love the textured look of this image and how you’ve added just a hint of pink.

Sara Lihz Dobel said...

I love the texture you've created here. Thank you for joining us at Colorful Options.

Sara Lihz