My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Saturday, May 21, 2022

Remember PSX?

Hi! Gosh - I was inspired to make these cards last summer for my friend, whose brother passed away from COVID. Apparently, I wrote a post but forgot to upload the photos and publish! Sure do wish my brain was active again! Hope you enjoy them.



I needed a few sympathy cards, and thinking of you type cards, so I looked in my "unfinished box" and found some gold embossed PSX Calla Lily botanical flowers needing to be colored. I used some very forgiving watercolor Mica paints, knowing that coloring outside the lines wouldn't really show up much.


Lapsing into the "old styles" of designing, I found myself wanting to make the shabby chic look. Lots  of my blogging
friends successfully use printed papers in their die cutting, so I tried it here on one card with the leaves. I am in love with that idea! 

THANK YOU, FRIENDS, for the fine inspiration!

It was also relaxing doing ink-distressing, and paper distressing. The sentiments and images were gold embossed:


Though these cards are hardly difficult, it did take me nearly 8 weeks to get them made, so it was a true labor of love.

The mica paints made lots of sparkle!


Included are two NBUS (never before used supplies) products (do the lily stamps count even though they were in my stash box? I had never before made a card with them), and the Anna Griffin Slim Line "Gentlemen's Study" die set (sentiments). 

Darkened photo to show sparkly-shimmery pearlessence:



Even though I could not capture the pearlessence of the watercolors, I must say they made me quite happy!

Thanks for stopping by!

Products: Stamps: PSX Calla Lily Araceae, SU! Elegant Cheer - Paper: Nitwit Paris Collection, Brown-Tan, White - Dies: SU Labels Punch, SB Chantilly Paper Lace, SB Foliage S4-328, Anna Griffin Slim Line "Gentlemen's Study" die set - Inks: VersaMark, Versafine Clair Golden Meadow, Distress Pumice Stone - Other: Gold Detail EP, Copper Dreams EP, Watercolor Mica Paints, Copic Marker Warm Gray01

I would like to play in the following challenges please:

  1. Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2220 AG 5/22 (sep post)
  2. A Place to Start Challenge #052022 AG w Twist: Lillies and Lace (calla lilies and Chantilly Paper Lace die) 6/6 
  3. Creative Crafters Challenge #52 AG 6/8
  4. Inspiration Station #30 Flower Shop (What a beautiful photo of a flower shop! Flowers always brighten a person's day to let them know someone cares about them and is thinking of them) 6/6
  5. Dies R Us #193 AG dies DRU carries 5/28 (sep post) (using SB Chantilly Paper Lace, SB Foliage S4-328)
  6. A Perfect Time to Craft #5 AG Flowers 6/1
  7. Classic Design Challenge #5 AG 6/1 sep post
Lovingly,


32 comments:

Chris said...

I do remember PSX! I have some lovely wood backed stamps still- most of them bought from ebay when I first started crafting, you've inspired me to dig them out for another airing, so thanks Donna.
Your cards are beautiful, lovely shimmer on the gold embossed lilies and such lovely design. it might take you longer these days but you haven't lost your magical touch.
Take care
hugs
xx

crafty-stamper said...

Perfect sympathy cards and love the beautiful dies and embossed lillies
Carol x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Donna, what beautiful cards and perfect for sympathy cards, beautifully coloured with the mica paints too, lovely dies and embellishments. I hope you are keeping well, Kate x

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful and regal looking! I remember PSX too. The gold embossing and die cuts make them so elegant!

cotnob said...

Beautiful cards Donna, such an elegant design - perfect for a sad occasion.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Crafting Queen said...

Such elegant cards. Love them. Anesha

brenda said...

Yes I do Donna and also Impression Obsession, both made lovely wood mounted stamps, but I guess neither are around anymore.

Today's display is beautiful and so nice to see you with a post again, like you my craft and blogging activites are not what they were.

B x

María said...

Wow, these card are very elegant. I love that delicate design you've created with the paper you've cute with the die, it's perfect for those flowers. And that touch of colour you've added with the Mica paints is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.

Donna Walls said...

So wonderful to see your projects! I'm happy that you have been able to spend short periods in your crafty space. Thanks for inspiring us at The Inspiration Station and we look forward to seeing more of your lovely projects.
Donna
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge

Kathyk said...

I have a number of PSX stamps, they're so beautiful and you have used them beautifully too, Donna

Kathyk

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful lily image, love them embossed--so elegant! Perfect die cuts and design, I like all of the gold accents too. Can't recall if I know or own any PSX stamps lol

Donna said...

These are so elegant and stunning Donna! Your cards always have so much attention to detail to make them extra special! Hugs, Donna

Conniecrafter said...

I am so glad you found this, I have had the same problem forgetting to post a card. That is a real labor of Love that is for sure and it shows. I bet the pearl of the painting is gorgeous with that gold embossing in real life because it looks pretty fantastic in the photo's! I do love using my pattern paper for dies and stamping, makes me feel good when I can get them used and like you said a little inking with them and they are done :)
So sorry for your friends loss.

Anne Buckingham said...

The card is quite elegant and would be a wonderful basis for any occasion card. As sympathy cards they are perfect with neutral coloring and gold accents. The card is lovely.

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such gorgeous, pretty and delicate creations sweetheart. They don't look simple to me!
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Leslie Miller said...

Of course I remember PSX! These botanical stamps were my favorites and I missed out on most of them. It's so good to see your calla lilies. You do an amazing job with the cutting. I'm loving all the gold and your pretty dies. I'm sorry it started out for a sad occasion. The leaves that match the background paper are a pretty touch. I'm very happy to see you today, Donna!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh Donna, praise the Lord, it's sooooo wonderful to hear from you and see you creating again! I think I love every single inch of these cards, every choice was perfectly made and executed, brilliant craftsmanship (as usual). I have those same paints and they are so much fun and perfect for so many things. I also remember PSX, have just a handful of their stamps although I converted them to cling years ago. I have mostly sentiments and phrases. I'm just amazed though at what you consider complicated v. simple? These beauties look above my pay grade for sure. You still rock it, girl! Big hugs and much love, xoxo

Karenladd said...

I'm sure I have some PSX stamps in my old stash, but this is one I hadn't seen before. What a set of elegant, and truly beautiful cards. The combination of gold with layered neutral colors resulted in an exquisite design. Love seeing your creations!

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a devastating loss for your friend. I am deeply sorry about their brother's passing.

These cards are tremendously beautiful. I love the layered die cuts and soft, aged colour palete.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Pia S said...

These are really classy designs, perfect for any occasion, happy or sad. You do know how to make gorgeous cards, especailly love the beautiful frames and muted colorese.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hi, Donna! What a treat to see these beautiful cards from you! PSX had some gorgeous stamps and this is one of them! I love all of the beautiful details on your cards, and the gold embossing is gorgeous! I hope you are doing okay these days, my friend.

Lisa said...

What an incredibly beautiful image and it is perfect for some sympathy cards. I love the soft water coloring and the shiny paper is a great layer to add to the embossed lily.

I am sorry to hear of your friend losing her brother.

Anne Temple said...

These are so beautiful. I love that mica watercolor paint you used!

Helen said...

Beautiful - so elegant.

Thanks for joining us at The Inspiration Station Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Chana Malkah said...

Gorgeous work, Donna! Thanks so much for sharing these awesome cards with us at A Place to Start! We look forward to seeing more of your work in our challenges!

Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Sue said...

Stunning cards, Donna! I love PSX and have never parted with those beautiful flower stamps. Love the gold touches on your fabulous cards. So nice to see you creating again, always know I am going to see something beautiful here!

Hugs
Sue

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful work as always thanks for sharing!!!

Chrissy said...

Such beautiful caring and thoughtful cards Donna, love the stamp and gold embossing and patterned paper die cutting and lovely designs..

Luv CHRISSYxx

telko said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
telko said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beebeebabs said...

Absolutely beautiful - love that stamp - great job as always!!!

cotnob said...

Gorgeous cards Donna, such an elegant design, they are beautiful - I'm glad you found the post and published it or we would all have missed out on seeing these fabulous cards.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x