My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Monday, September 30, 2019

Remove Excess Blogs from Your Blogger Profile




BLOG TIP:


Do you contribute to several Blogger Blogs? The default setting is to show all the blogs to which you contribute.

Correct this by choosing which blogs to show in blogger.

Go to your personal blog’s dashboard. On the left scroll to SETTINGS. Under Settings, choose USER SETTINGS (it is the bottom option in settings on the left side)

On the right is a button to Edit User Profile. Click it.

The EDIT USER PROFILE page pops up.

Under the section for PRIVACY, click on SELECT BLOGS TO DISPLAY to the right of SHOW MY BLOGS. Select the blogs you want displayed, and UNCHECK any blogs you don’t want to show up in your profile. 

Be sure to click on SAVE.

Why is selecting the blogs important?

  1. We don’t want “visitors” coming to the private or secret blogs.
  2. This helps visitors who look at your profile trying to locate your personal blog in response to comments you left on their blogs.

For example: 

I contribute to eleven blogger blogs. I don’t want people to wonder which of those blogs are mine, so only 2 of my blogs are checked.

I also don’t want them to click on the links to the private-admin blogs that the general public should not be seeing (especially if proprietary information is available on them)

Be sure to click on SAVE!

10 comments:

Monica C. said...

Great tip, thank you so much.
Hugs Monica

Bunny said...

Well, I just got the deer in the headlights look. You especially know how computer challenged I am. You'll have to call me when it's convenient. [Bunny]`

cuilliesocks said...

Thank you Donna for this, Kate x

Lori m said...

Thank you Donna, great info, hugs, Lori m

Linda Simpson said...

Thanks Donna for the information.
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

Thanks a million Donna!!!
Lynn

Anne Buckingham said...

I am adding this to my folder of information on blogging.

Leslie Miller said...

Thank you for sharing this, Donna. I have inadvertently ended up on a DT blog before when a person had multiple blogs listed. Everyone should pay heed to this.

Julie Odil said...

This was a great tip, Donna. I have followed your instructions and changed a few things. Thank you!

crafty-stamper said...

Thank you for the tip Donna x