My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Monday, February 04, 2019

Hidden or Unknown Google Plus ID?

Some of my recent answers to blogging friends seem ambiguous.
Again, I certainly don't claim to understand the workings of Google Products.

However, if you have EVER used Plus Products, you MAY have a "hidden" ID.

How do you know?
Why do you care?


If your ID happens to be tied in UNKNOWINGLY with any Google Product, you may lose your stored information.

BEFORE DELETING YOUR GOOGLE ID, make sure you have downloaded any photos or YouTube videos to your hard drive or other device.


To discover if you have a Google Plus ID, try this.
Go to Google.com or your Google home page (click photo to make larger):


On the right side, click on your picture or login (click photo to make larger):


Notice that directly under my email address, it shows Google Plus Profile. Click it (click photo to make larger):



On the left side, in pale gray, is SETTINGS (click photo to make larger):


Scroll down to bottom and DELETE YOUR GOOGLE + PROFILE (click photo to make larger). When I deleted the profile, I was sent to a "Aw Snap Error Page". Disgusted, I checked my profile, and the Plus was still there. So I quit the Chrome Browser Application, waited 30 minutes, and went back into it. My profile was all clean:


Next, I went into my YouTube account:


I downloaded my 6 little uploads JUST IN CASE it was tied in with that unused Google Plus ID.

I hope this helps anyone else who still has questions.
hugs,
de




16 comments:

Lisa said...

Thank you for both of these posts, Donna. I received the email about Google + going away, but I wasn't sure what to do. I had a Google + ID but was using blogger. I followed your instructions and deleted my Google + account. Thank you so, so much for doing this!! You saved me a ton of time doing research!! Big hugs, dear friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Melanie Smith said...

Hi Donna,

I think I have followed your directions here correctly. So much information. My Blogger was connected to my Google+ account so I changed Blogger to just blogger and I deleted my Google+ account so now when I go to google.com I have an account but not a google+ account. Does that sound correct?

Sue said...

Thanks Donna for your help. I have been able to delete my Google+ account. Sue

*Vicki* said...

Thank you so much for sharing this! Totally forgot that I needed to delete that Google + account! Now I see how the accounts are linked to Google! :) HUGS

Bunny said...

What a great posting and a lot of help for people. You're so smart. Thanks for being such a good helper. [Bunny]

CherylQuilts said...

Oh sweet Donna! You are amazing, and thank you so much for explaining about all these new changes and how to delete any Google+ account we have (I had one), and it worked to perfection -- of course (Donna showed us how!!). You are "the bomb," my friend! You are so dear, and we all appreciate how clearly you share this information. Hugs and love, sweet friend! xoxo

KarinsArtScrap said...

thanks Donna I have deleted my account

Gr Karin

KarinsArtScrap said...

and now I'm curious how you put just like you pinterest on the blogside.

Gr Karin

Donna Ellis said...

Karin, I will email you privately, but also want to leave the message here in case someone else is interested. I went to this link and built it. Then I add-a-gadget to my LAYOUT in Blogger, Add HTML CODE, and save. I hope this helps!

https://developers.pinterest.com/tools/widget-builder/?type=board&boardHeight=240&boardWidth=400&imageWidth=80&template=square

Margarets designer cards said...

I did what you said and found I have a plain google account no + sign, there’s nothing more than my email address and photo. Should I delete this ?

Conniecrafter said...

Well I did it and it came up with another pop up, but like you did I am going to go away and come back and see if it worked after all :)
Thanks so much for sharing all that you do to help us all out :)

Mia said...

Hi Donna. I changed my profile from Google+ to Blogger.
Should I delete my hidden google plus ID? Why? Can you please explain to me?
If you want to send me an email at craftartista@gmail.com I would be very glad to hear from you. Hugs, my dear friend, Mia

aussie aNNie said...

Well processed De, and ever so greatful for you expertise and full details as I initially just changed in my settings until I read the hidden area...biggest of hugs.xxx

Mia said...

OK Donna, I did it. I downloaded everything and I deleted my hidden Google+ profile. I kept only the Blogger. Let's hope that everything will be OK now. Kisses my friend.

The Craft Bucket said...

This is so helpful but I still need some help, I have changed my blog to blogger and I do have a Google plus account. Where do I save my data too? What happens if I don't save it? Once this is completed, how do I access/sign in to my blog to create new posts? Sorry I can see why I need to and how to, this is very informative but not that computer savvy? Yours hopefully Jane x

The Craft Bucket said...

Thank you so much Donna, you have been amazing. I downloaded my data, saved it and just deleted my Google+ account. All as per your instructions, I think everyone would agree with me, you are a STAR X