My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Christmas at Sweet Stampin' - Lacy Snowflake

It's me! I'm back! (giggle)
Welcome to my little blog - Today's Christmas cards are fraternal twins!
One has the snowflake centered, and the other is to the right


Today begins a new challenge at
Christmas at Sweet Stampin'!


My marvelously brilliant teammates have fantastic samples to share! We hope to see your imaginative artwork each month in our "Anything Goes Christmas" Challenges. The challenge is for ANY Christmas theme craft project. January's Challenge is open until March 12.


This month I'm playing with my virginal Spellbinders Curved Borders Two die set. This die has been in my stash for years, and never used. How could this happen? (giggle). Looks cute in this 4.5" x 6.75" card - resembles a tag.

Also virginal and being featured is Really Reasonable Ribbon Hunter Green Glitter Ribbon. I promise you it is very sparkly and blindingly so! (more giggles - sorry I can't stop) It's a double loop bow.
Speaking of loopy... someone make me stop giggling!



So which are you?
A person who prefers asymmetrical art?
Or someone who prefers everything to be symmetrical?
I prefer the right card, my husband prefers the centered card.
Of course, you may not prefer either of them! haha


Though it looks nothing like the inspirational card on My Stampin' Memories Blog, my creation is a knock off of her pretty card

Interior:
The sentiment was stamped with Nocturne VersaFine Clair, coated with Sparkle Embossing Powder, and heat set. It also has lots of sparkle.



Products Used:
Wild Rose Studios - Lacy Snowflake Die
SU Flurry of Wishes stamp set
Spellbinders - Curved Borders Two Die Set
Really Reasonable Ribbon Hunter Green Glitter Ribbon
Pine Needles Distress Ink, VersaMark Ink, Nocturne VersaFine Clair
(for an additional 10% off products, use code DonnaDT10 at checkout)


Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to make an Anything Goes Christmas Project and upload it to our challenge at
Christmas at Sweet Stampin'!

Challenges I'd like to support please:

  1. Atlantic Hearts Challenge #303 (see graphic) T3 2/16
  2. Crafty Calendar Challenge (Feb 2) Add Texture and Ribbon - Thick White EP, Glittered Ribbon, detail white EP, dry embossed die cuts 3/2 sep post
  3. Crafty Hazel Nut's Christmas #424 AG Christmas 2/15
  4. Kerst-Christmas (Feb) AG Christmas 3/1
  5. Merry Little Christmas Challenge #7 AG Christmas 3/1 sep post
  6. Scrapy Land Challenges #107 AG SL dies (Wild Rose Studio and Spellbinders) (2/20 sep post)
  7. The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #44 AG Christmas 3/3 sep post (C15)
  8. Winter Wonderland Tribute to Eileen (Feb 1) AG Christmas Tribute to Eileen 3/1 (sep post)
  9. Crafting from the Heart #236 AG 2/16



stamping hugs,

39 comments:

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

So elegant and beautiful Donna. Love the colour! Delish hunny. I like both takes on the ribbon too, but as I'm a freak for symmetry, I must confess the centred one is my absolute fav'. Both so gorgeous though! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Bunny said...

These are lovely. The lacy snowflakes are fabulous and I love the ribbon threaded through it. I love they way you made one symmetrical and one asymmetrical. I don't know which is my favorite. http://bunnyscards1.blogspot.com/2019/02/hmfmc284-mid-way-reminder-design-team.html

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous!!

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful and elegant cards Donna.
the glitter is gorgeous.

Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Hi Donna your cards are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Diane said...

Beautifully designed Donna, and all the pretty details are as usual amazing...love that SB die you have used, sets off those pretty snowflakes perfectly!!

Lori Kobular said...

Donna your "twin" snowflake cards are so lovely! That beautiful ribbon you wove through the snowflakes is gorgeous!

Chris said...

It's a beautiful design Donna, gorgeous colours and the border dies are lovely, glad you got to use them at last! Both cards are fabulous but if I had to make a choice it would be the off-centre one!
Have a lovely day
Chris
x

Tammy L said...

I really love these...I barely noticed the difference until you pointed it out! LOL Lovely colors too! So happy to be on the team with you!

Linda Simpson said...

These are fabulous! I love the gorgeous designs.
Hugs
Linda xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Both are equally beautiful sweetie. I don't know which one I prefer.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Mia said...

Amazing design, Donna. Gorgeous cards!!!!!!!!!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Beautiful Christmas card and love the interpretation of the AHSC challenge.

Lisa said...

They are both so elegant and gorgeous, Donna!! I love both the centered and the off centered one!! The colors are so beautiful and the ribbon is fabulous!! And never stop giggling my friend :) Thank you so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

cotnob said...

Beautiful cards Donna, I love how you have added the ribbon and the pretty colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

April said...

These are so pretty! Your bows are fabulous!

Sue said...

Hi Donna, Love the Christmas cards. That design would look good in red as well.

Hope you are having a nice day. Sue

Dawn Phillips said...

Love the colours you've used. They are lovely cards. Love Dawn x

Donna said...

How elegant and stunning, what a great idea lacing the ribbon through the snowflake! The inside of the card is beautiful too! Hugs, Donna

Verna Angerhofer said...

So regal and well designed card. I love the colors and all the fabulous dies you used. And, the ribbon is a perfect match. I love how you carried the snowflake design over to the inside too. This is so very gorgeous in every way.

pam said...

Two beautiful elegant Christmas cards De, I tend to favour centred..but both are perfect and gorgeous colours used.
Hugs Pam x

crafty-stamper said...

Both beautiful cards Donna love the snowflakes and sparkly ribbon-green is my favourite colour!!!
Carol x

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, yay, Christmas cards! So good to see because I'm trying to be diligent this year and the inspiration is good. Very pretty! Ooooh, love that sparkly ribbon and how you've threaded it through the snowflake. Hmmm... symmetrical or asymmetrical? I can go either way. Sometimes I have to make myself not center everything. You got me giggling, too, Donna. It's all about the fun!

Shalana said...

Beautiful cards! I love the die cuts, addition of the ribbon through the die cuts and the pretty white splatters. The design is FAB. Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

aussie aNNie said...

Gosh De what a lovely post. Love that green bow so stunning. Hope you are well, been busy days here and so hot..xx

Katrina Bufton said...

Beautiful and elegant cards, love that dark green ribbon. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge,
Katrina x

Linda Anderson said...

Your cards are stunning!!! What a gorgeous snowflake. Love your colors too! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow they are gorgeous!! Your sparkle ribbon threaded through the snowflake is gorgeous. I can't hardly believe this is your first time using that border die, you know you will be going for it all the time now :)
Love the sparkle you gave to the background too. I will have to say on these cards I do like it centered more, I have tried to off center my cards more instead of everything being lined up and centered but I do like to change things up, that's for sure. Your inside is just lovely too!

Dena J said...

Gorgeous dies and your colors and ribbon are elegant. Thanks for joining us at AHSC this week. I'm liking the centered one a little better. But they are both lovely.

Alyson Mayo said...

I’m definitely a symmetrical person - prefer the one in the middle. Love the monochromatic look of your cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

Carla's Cards said...

Lovely holiday cards, thanks for sharing with Crafting from the Heart!

Donna Phelan said...

Great designs, fun Challenge! I love that pretty snowflake die and the border edges, how fabulous!

Pia S said...

They’re both beautiful and both designs work well. The centered version is a safe choice with its symmetry, but I quite like the twist of the off centre version.

Sue said...

I prefer them both! I love how you weaved the ribbon through the beautiful snowflake die (how could you have this beautiful die for years and not use it!) very clever and creative. The color and the sparkle are wonderful.

Hugs
Sue

Lisa F. said...

So lovely! Thank you for joining Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week! - Lisa DT Team

Brandi said...

Love these, the colours, the ribbon, the shimmer all of it is great! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

*Vicki* said...

Well you KNOW that I'm a huge fan of your creativity no matter which way you want to craft it Donna! :) I think my "eye" for asthetically pleasing is more like your hubby's, but the design is absolutely amazing with the sparkly ribbon and scallop edge design!! The background looks amazing too with the pretty speckled embossed background!! Sorry I'm late on commenting....I'm so far behind, but I promise I will be visiting EACH and every one of them my friend!! BIGGEST HUGS

Kath said...

Beautiful cards - I love the lace snowflake. Thank you for sharing at Winter Wonderland.
Kath x

sweet art designs said...

Love what you did with the ribbon. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Hazel Nut's Christmas Card Weekly Challenge - Myrna DT