We enjoyed a brief few days of Florida Style Autumn weather, and reverted into a warm "Indian Summer" with temperatures back up in the 80s (28-30C) with way too much humidity. Other than that, all is well here, and
I hope life is good for you and yours.
Warning! Mirror Cardstock is very difficult to photograph (sigh).
That's right! In the new stamp reveal, I have almost no stamping (giggle).
Sparkle N Sprinkle November New Stamps Blog Hop
We are pleased to bring you:
3 new stamp sets
3 new video kits
and lots of new papers (sigh - I am in love!)
- Snowman Couple rubber stamp set and digital version
- (digital version contains two colored images which I colored with Copic Markers - one with a background and one without - and bonus sentiments not on the rubber set)
SPECIALTY PAPERS WILL ALSO BE 20% off DURING THESE DAYS.
Would you like to win a $15 gift card to the SNS store? Just create a project using any SNS image and join the fun in our monthly ANYTHING GOES Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge group on Facebook. The challenge runs from the 1st through the 25th.
(TIP: as shown in the first layer, I tried Staz-on Timber Brown ink, but it was much easier tracing the edges with a dark brown Copic Marker)"
Check out the "fire" in the High Gloss-Polished Gold Mirror Cardstock. It comes in a packet of five 8.5" x 11" pieces for $2.99. At 60 cents per LARGE sheet, this is a great value! There are several gorgeous colors of mirror cardstock available:
The Tonic handmade papers are very thin, yet surprisingly strong. They die cut beautifully without fraying or ripping, and adhered brilliantly on top of the fun foam with Tear-ific Tape. The papers also "distress" with inks and mousse if you want a greater depth of contrasting colors or texture, but I absolutely could not bring myself to do that, choosing to experiment on left over scraps. The Specialty Handmade Embossed metallic Copper Feathers shown here is a deep, rich brown with blackish debossed areas and golden highlights in the embossed areas. A Packet contains five 8.25" x 11.75" pieces for $6.99, making it about $1.40 per sheeet. There are several unique Specialty Handmade Embossed Metallic and Pearlized papers. Each one is completely different.
Gorgeous papers aside, I did use one stamp from the new Botanical Orchid Flowers Rubber Stamp Set. It embossed beautifully with Peanut Butter Cosmic EP292. All of our Cosmic embossing powders contain a secret ingredient making them suitable for detailed images and sentiments:
The Tonic Mixed Edge Diamond Layering Die Set cut right through the heat embossed scrap that had Cappuccino STAR embossing powder. On it. One of the detailed dragonflies was also cut from the paper - I embossed the paper prior to die cutting since the dies were either tiny, or very detailed. Isn't the embossing powder sparkly? And look at the luminous shine contrasting with the embossed handmade papers:
The dragonfly that was cut from the prepared scrap with Cappuccino STAR embossing powder is shadowed by a plain piece of black cardstock. It complements the black debossed areas of the paper. I promise this is a clear shot - the brilliance of the mirror cardstock on the dragonfly makes it look a bit fuzzy.
(this is an oversized card at 6" x 7.5"). My dear friend will treasure it.
It's difficult to make an "icky" card with Tonic's Dragonfly Brooch die. So lovely!
How about a second option that is smaller at just under 5x7"?
I used the left over pieces from the large card above. This was a VERY EASY CARD to make, and quick, too! The dragonfly is actually a gold glossy, not mirror, in order to obtain a bit more texture:
The center is embossed with Craftwell Honeycomb Embossing Folder, causing the mirror cardstock to reflect even more light. Tonic's Thinking of You mini die set makes this an all occasion card, suitable for just about any need.
- SNS Botanical Orchid Flowers Rubber Stamp Set (available digitally here)
- SNS Peanut Butter Cosmic EP292 (semi-transparent)
- SNS Cappuccino STAR embossing powder (dragonfly and sentiment)
- SNS Tear-ific Tape (1/2", 3/4", and Super Adhesive Sheets)
- VersaMark Ink
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive with tiny nozzle applicator
- Tonic Swirling Frame Layering Die Set 1462E
- Tonic Thinking of you Mini Die Set
- Tonic Tangerine Die Cut Machine (currently on sale - free shipping if ordered through SNS)
- Tonic Mixed Edge Diamond Layering Die Set
- Tonic Dragonfly Brooch die
- Tonic High Gloss-Polished Gold Mirror Cardstock (five 8.5" x 11" pieces for $2.99). [There are several gorgeous colors of mirror cardstock available]
- Tonic High Glossy-Glossy Black Mirror Cardstock (five 8.5" x 11" pieces for $2.99). [There are several gorgeous colors of mirror cardstock available]
- Tonic Specialty Handmade Embossed metallic Copper Feathers (deep, rich brown with blackish debossed areas and golden highlights in the embossed areas) paper (five 8.25" x 11.75" pieces for $6.99) [There are several unique Specialty Handmade Embossed Metallic and Pearlized papers.
- MISCELLANEOUS: fun foam (for popping up the frames), Copics for edging the foam, Adhesive rhinestones, Walnut Distress Ink (around the diamond die cut), tiny rose on dragonfly
- Papers: black cardstock (back of dragonfly), Gold Glossy, Ivory cardstock for other details and card base, specialty papers listed above.
- Craftwell Honeycomb Embossing Folder
- Crafts Galore Encore Challenge #46 Anything Goes 12/1 (tab)
- Dragonfly Journeys #105 "Glamorous Gold" 11/28 (gold mirror cardstock and highlights)
- Glitter N Sparkle Challenge #265 Anything Goes 11/19
- International Art and Soul #21 Autumn Colors 11/28 (sep post aft 3 wks)
- Monochrome Magic Challenge #7 Anything Monchrome 11/13
- Pammie's Inky Pinkies #1746 Anything Goes 11/19 (sep post)
- Pile It On Challenges #136 "Large Sentiments" (second card) 12/11
- World Wide DT Open Challenge #28 Anything Goes for a DT 12/15