While we have had a mild, unusually wet winter here, with only occasional freezes, the rest of you are ready for Spring. Maybe my blog header will hasten Mother Nature? Our azaleas are about bloomed out, the tulip tree has sprouted with pink magnificence, and the camellias are still prolific. Surely Spring is about to greet us?
On to Card Making!
The March challenge at Crafts Galore Encore is upon us already!
My little Mermaid has been splashing with the dolphins, enjoying a fantastic day!
I used the aluminum liner on a Planter's Peanut Container to die cut the shells:
Copic Markers provided a little color on the silver aluminum liner.
There are a number of Mermaid quotes on the internet. I've assembled several with a little editing and adding some of my own to make a fun sentiment on the inside!
Some paper layered sea shell die cuts, and a few tiny real sea shells, help set the stage:
Punches: MS Scallop Teardrop Punch (around the page), EKS 3/4" circle
Die Cuts: SB Triple Tear S4-490, SB Circles, SB Dolphin, Impression Obsession Shells, KandCo purple border
Paper: White, aqua, turquoise, metallic liners from Peanut Cans
Copic Markers, dye-base inks, embossing folders, Brilliance Ink
Challenges I'd like to play in please:
- Suzy Bee's Blooming Challenges #119 (Feb 27) Anything Goes with a Twist of Fantasy 3/7 (sep post)
- Crafting With Friends #15 Anything Goes 3/12 (top new chal)
- Creative Fingers #103 Anything Goes 3/5 (posts on 2 newer chals)
- Jo's Scrap Shack Fun-Day Friday Challenge #127 Recycled Scraps (pink border pieced from left overs, metallic shells are from recycled peanut can lid, Turquoise circle and dolphin are pieces, and the silver embossed dolphin is from a tin sliver of silver) 3/5 (winners announced week of March 7)
- Simply Paper Crafts #24 Anything Goes 3/13 (top new chal)
- Color Your World Team B Inspiration Feb 21 - Anything Goes - 2W 3/6 (top new chal)
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #28 Anything Goes - 3/5 (may show in sep post)
- Craft Your Passion - #301 Anything Goes 3/6
- Digi Stamps 4 Joy - #122 Anything Goes + Option of Add an Animal (mermaid plays with 2 dolphins) 3/14
- Doodle Pantry Challenges #15 Anything Goes 3/25
- Nordsalten Hobby Klubb #134 Use Punches and/or Die cuts (Punches: MS Scallop Teardrop Punch (around the page), EKS 3/4" circle ANDDie Cuts: SB Triple Tear S4-490, SB Circles, SB Dolphin, Impression Obsession Shells, KandCo purple border
- Sisters of the Craft (March) Anything Goes 4/1
- Your Scrapbook Place (March) Anything Goes 4/1
Thanks for popping by! I always enjoy your visits!