Welcome, blogging friends!
I'm back as an Alumni Designer for the Scrapy Land ANYTHING GOES challenge, with this flat, easy-to-mail sweetheart of a card. The die cuts are "mix-and-match" in a sort of "create-a-build" die with Sue Wilson and Spellbinders combination. They work very well together.
The inner portion of the "second ring" is from two sets - Sue Wilson's Italian Decorative Frame set and the Spellbinders Stately Circles on the outside of the circle. They went through the die cut machine at the same time to create a custom design. It is popped up on the card so that the outer frame and the image frame are lower than the 2nd ring, creating a little dimension.
(Scrapy Land dies shown below with their links)
To enter the challenge just use any die brand that Scrapy Land sells.
Die-Namite's Pine Wreath, paired with Cheery Lynn's Holly Lace Flourish, is cut apart and used for bursts of greenery around the card, top and bottom.
Sue Wilson's Umbria die really dresses up the bottom of the easel card.
Bugaboo's Winter's Fairy image comes with one bird on her mittened hand,
I added lots more because
my fairy is enjoying a bird party!
They are so tweet - I couldn't resist!
|The lace and rhinestones are a perfect stop for this frilly card, |
without adding too much bulk.
Wanna be a...
If you'd like to be a guest designer for Scrapy Land, then follow these simple steps (no previous design team experience required):
- Participate in both of the August challenges, following the challenge rules.
- Add GDT after your name on the thumbnail photo you submit for the challenge.
- You must have a Blog and a Facebook account (We have a private FB group and this is how we correspond with one another.)
- This will be for a 3 month term and will begin with the October 7 Challenge #27 and end at the close of the December 16 Challenge #32.
- You will need to participate in both challenges each month, as well as comment on specific challenge entires. Applicants invited to join the team as a guest designer will be given compensation information at the time of acceptance.
- Applicants invited to join the team will be notified by September 2, 2015
At Path of Positivity Challenge this month, the theme is Opportunity.
Being aware of the earth's fragility, and how vulnerable all living creatures are regarding climate change, we are mindful to help Mother Nature. My card reflects a fairy caring for her bird friends. Many of us enjoy having areas in our yards to nurture Nature.
Our mini-farm sports a watering-hole that many animals use, especially during times of drought. A variety of birds build nests in our oak hammock, and we keep the bird feeders stocked with black-oil sunflower seeds purchased from our local Wal-Mart.
Hummingbirds are kept happy with their feeders as well, with our home-brewed "nectar".
It may not be much, but our pets and wild animals with whom we share this land, are well-cared for. The native animals on surrounding acreage pass through safely, to and from the forest.
There are diverse flowers, herbs and vegetables for the bees and wasps to pollenate, helping them keep healthy immune systems.
Opportunity knocks wherever we live. It may appear in the smallest of ways. Often it is the little, seemingly inconsequential things, that we are being given the Opportunity to make a Difference.
- Sue Wilson Italian Collection - Umbria CED1504 (big scallop corners in background)
- Sue Wilson Italian Collection - Decorative Frames (outer 2 decorative elements)
- Die-Namites "Pine Wreath" DN-1059 (cut up)
- Cheery Lynn Holly Lace Flourish
- Spellbinders Grand Stately Circles
- Spellbinders Petite Rounds (I think this is now the regular rounds)
- Spellbinders Grand Labels One (card base)
Image: Bugaboo's Winter's Fairy
Flocking: Sparkle N Sprinkle Twinkling Clouds Sparkle N Soft product.
Participating in the following Challenges:
- Outlawz Friday Coloring Challenge July 31-Aug 6, #CPC073115, Anything Goes with Christmas Twist (colored with Copics)
- Crafting With Friends #3 Anything Goes 8/11
- Crafty Hazel Nut's Christmas - August - Anything Goes 9/1
- Sparkles Christmas Challenge #55 "No Designer Papers" 8/30
- Creative Craft Cottage #44 - Anything Goes 8/7
- The Crazy Challenge #203 Fairies (used Bugaboo's Winter's Fairy image)
- Path of Positivity Challenge (please see writeup above) #29 Opportunity 9/1
- Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge Aug 4 (duplicated Bugaboo's birds all over the card) 8/17
Lots of Hugs!