My blog is called "Creative Smiles" because my designs are the result of incorporating mistakes. With fumble fingers that drop whatever they are holding - repeatedly, it takes a lot of giggles, smiles and creative patience during my crafting process. xx

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Pockets and Tags

Welcome, Beloved Blogging Buddies! That's BBB for short! Thanks for visiting today. 

I hope those in the southern hemisphere are staying warm,
and those in northern hemisphere are staying cool.

We only have one river at flood stage now, still have had intermittent power outages,
but the storms are nothing more than nuisance for us at our home. 
Sure wish we could share our rain with those who need it!

a pocket of some sort with a tag. 
To enter the challenge follow the theme and use any die brand that Scrapy Land sells.

My creation accommodates the new Spellbinders Diamondessence die cut set.



AND... 
    Scrapy Land has a new Pinterest Account
            Just click this button to visit it!

(Scrapy Land dies shown below with their links)

The large Diamondessence circle is 4.5" in diameter, 
and easily slides in and out of the pocket with room to spare.

Two of the smaller Diamondessence circles cover the seam
and feature the Stampin Up! sentiment.


Nana Connie's blog inspired me to use some Bugaboo images.
This adorable little Winter's Fairy is happy and festive! 


The sides of the pocket are folded like a gate-fold card. 
Only the bottom of the pocket requires adhesive.

The back of the tag sports a Sue Wilson Italian Collection Decorative Frames
(Love LOVE this set! Fun, Beautiful and Versatile!)


Wanna be a...

If you'd like to be a guest designer for Scrapy Land, then follow these simple steps (no previous design team experience required):
  1. Participate in both of the August challenges, following the challenge rules.
  2.  Add GDT after your name on the thumbnail photo you submit for the challenge. 
  3. You must have a Blog and a Facebook account (We have a private FB group and this is how we correspond with one another.)
  • This will be for a 3 month term and will begin with the October 7 Challenge #27 and end at the close of the December 16 Challenge #32.
  • You will need to participate in both challenges each month, as well as comment on specific challenge entires.  Applicants invited to join the team as a guest designer will be given compensation information at the time of acceptance.
  • Applicants invited to join the team will be notified by September 2, 2015 


Products Used:

  • Dies: Spellbinders Diamondessence (diamond shaped decorative round layers), Spellbinders Classic/Petite Circles, Sue Wilson Italian Collection Decorative Frames (ornate round on back), Wild Rose Snow Frame
  • Stamps: Bugaboo Winter's Fairy digi image, SU sentiments from 2 sets (old)
  • Inks: VersaMark Pearl Dazzle, Cloudy Blue dye base ink
  • Other: Glitter around Fairy, Copic Markers, pearls, ribbon, embossing folder,


Participating in the following Challenges:
  1. Crafty Hazel Nut's Christmas - August - Anything Goes 9/1
  2. Sparkles Christmas Challenge #55 "No Designer Papers" 8/30
  3. Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge #93 "Monochromatic" 8/21
  4. Holly Jolly Christmas #54 Snowflakes and Glitter (snowflake border around the edges of the blue card, Snowflake embossing folder, and glitter around the fairy
  5. Paper Take Weekly (Aug 18W) "To Die For" (used several die cuts) 8/24
  6. Artistic Inspirations #138 Anything Goes 8/29 
  7. Christmas Cards All Year Long Aug - Snowflakes (Snowflake border around the blue card, snowflake embossing folder, and snowflakes on the ribbon) 9/1
  8. Hiding in My Craft Room #212d (anniversary challenge!) USE DIE CUTS! 8/22
  9. ABC Christmas Challenge (Q is for Quantum) I am using two of your past challenges: D - Die Cuts  AND  E - Edging Punch or Die. I hope you enjoyed how these dies were used as edges!
  10. Crafting by Designs (Aug 19) Get Ready for Christmas 8/26

Special Hugs to you!


54 comments:

Pat K said...

Gorgeous card Donna....great colours and love the pocket insert. hugs, Pat K x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh, Donna, this is so cute! It's so nice to see you back at Scrapy Land - and creating again! Thanks for showing all the dies you used and how you made this adorable card! I gave up playing at Scrapy Land because only the super-talented ever win. It's discouraging for the newbies - or less talented folks like me hehe - and I need all the encouragement I can get! I did join their Pinterest board today though.

KarinsArtScrap said...

sweet and beautiful card Donna
Gr Karin

Marilyn said...

Pretty criss-cross card! I like the contrast of the bold blue with the white die cuts. Its' very striking and also looks so lacy and delicate. Cute image too.

Lori Kobular said...

Oh Donna I just love your sweet tag with that adorable Winter Fairy!! The dies you used to create this masterpiece are awesome and what a great idea to cut the edges off to use as a border! Your Beloved Blogging Buddies made me laugh, we have a nickname for my husband that he is the BBB (Big Bad Bastard)!! So that gave me a whole new way to look at BBB!! By the way, he is really a sweetheart!!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Wow what a gorgeous creation, love the colours and the lacey dies. You sure know how to put together the die cuts, stamps and colours beautifully. I hope you are doing well, enjoy the rain... Hugs, Shirleyxx

Anne Temple said...

This looks amazing! Love everything about it!

SD pooja said...

Its beautiful ,the deep blue color and white delicate border look fantastic and the card looks like a pretty purse at first glance !

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such gorgeous colours and a very pretty creation sweetie. Hope you stay safe in all the floods.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous card, Donna!! I love the beautiful image!! It's colored perfectly!! The way you used the dies is just fabulous!! I love the design and all of the amazing details!! I hope the weather calms down for you and no more flooding. We have severe storms forecast for today so keeping my fingers crossed that we don't lose power. Have a wonderful day my friend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

April said...

This is really sweet and so lovely! Thanks for the tutorial too!

Jacee said...

Such a lovely design, great colour and so pretty, love it!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Sue said...

What a beautiful card. Sue

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Donna this is so incredibly beautiful and a total delight to see I so love that cute image you have used also the amazing colours and dies, I have just done a search of the die so I can add them to my wish list, lol, you have created something so wonderful here Donna I love it so much.,
hugs
lorraine x

Cindy van Oorschot said...

so pretty Donna, just a hint to show off sparkle or glitter, lay on floor on white copy paper and take picture from above. It was told to me and really works well.

Thanks for sharing with us at Holly Jolly, it is a fun project and so sweet.good luck.
Cindy DT

Shona Erlenborn said...

Another gorgeous, sweet creation. Your little tag and holder is so cute. Thanks for sharing all the details of how you did it. The image is adorable and you've really done a fantastic job on the coloring.

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Donna, such a sweet image and fabulous design. The blue and white colour combination is stunning and your die cut details are gorgeous - a super make.
Pauline
x

Jean Bullock said...

This is absolutely lovely. I enjoyed your choice of dies and the stamped image is darling and well colored.
Great take on the challenge. I pinned. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/415386765609460824/

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so cute and adorable and love all the dies you added to it. What a great way to hide a little something inside the pocket too.

pam said...

Hi Donna, gorgeous cross over card, beautiful colour and embossing.
Gorgeous tag with a adorable image, the white and blue combo is perfect.
Hugs Pam x

Karenladd said...

Oh I just love this! It's a card and an ornament all in one. The crisp white with deep blue is elegant and classic and that image is so adorable!

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Hallo liebe Donna,

ich bin wieder begeistert was du wunderschönes gezaubert hast. Das Motiv ist so zauberhaft und in meiner Lieblingsfarbe hast du diese wundervolle Kartenform gearbeitet. Mir geht das Herz auf beim Anblick. Ich freue mich immer wenn ich deine wundervollen Werke bewundern darf. Ich bin wie immer total begeistert. Ganz liebe Knuddelgrüße Hugs Silvi

NanaConnie said...

What a great idea cutting up that rectangle frame die and using it on the pocket! I'm so impressed with that. Love your blue and white combo, my friend, and that sweet, sweet image. :-D Thanks for the fold instructions.

Donna Maligno said...

So cute - love it! Wonderful use of a die. I love cutting them apart as well. Gotta get the most for our money.

Stampsnob. said...

It is exciting to see the snowflake border die in action
What a lovely creation you did ,, of course I love the blue
All the dies you showed here are beautiful and best is I know I can use them any time I want ...........Lis

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW this is so unique and beautiful love how you have so creatively used die cuts. Love the embossing folder and how you have brought the pattern into prominence...such a beautiful creation Donna
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow Donna what an amazing card , it's just lovely and sweet, and soo beautiful , great colours and the stamps is gorgious , I really want to know where I can buy it!!So sweet!!!

Have a good day!!
Maria

Jane Willis said...

What a beautiful card - I love the way you've used the frame edges to create a border. Thanks for sharing at Sparkles Christmas
Jane

Petra Swart said...

What a great idea to have the pocket for the tag, Donna!!! And how beautiful everything looks in the royal blue and crisp white!!!! Absolutely amazing detail on those dies you've used!!! The beautifully coloured image is just so darling and sweet!!!! Love the dry embossing, too!!!! Beautiful, my friend!!!
Have a lovely day!!!!
Hugz

Lady Anne Milnes-Howard said...

Such a fabulous looking card, I love the design and your tag is gorgeous. Thank you for the explanation on how you created that look.
Love and Hugs ~ Lady Anne
Anne's Paper Dream's Blog

Lady Anne Milnes-Howard of Glencairn, Caithness Scotland.

Desire Fourie said...

Donna this is so fun. Just adore the pocket design with the beautiful round tag. Wonderful rich blues too.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

craftieodmae said...

Beautiful!!!

Pink Unicorn said...

This is absolutely stunning, I love the delicate white die cuts against the deep blue. Thank you for playing with us at the Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge , “Feathered Friends”. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for CCAYR August challenge and Suzy Bee's - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team - and thanks for entering this for my CHNC challenge extra for August x

Cathy said...

your card is so beautiful, thanks for sharing this creation with us at HIMCR challenge.
Cathy DT

Cazro said...

A wonderful creative project, clever use of the dies. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas. Hope to see you visit us again. Caz DT

MaryH said...

Oh I DO like the way you've used this S/B die. It's beautiful with the pocket look (and your tutorial is great! You always amaze me with your folds & the creative uses you make of these dies). Cute Bugaboo winter look with the icy snowflake embossing and the die trimmings. Just feel a nice winter breeze blowing when I look at this pretty card. TFS & Big hugs. Happy wkend.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful criss cross/pocket card-great distressed embossing and fabulous dies and love the cute Bugaboo image
Carol x

coldwaters2 said...

Hey Donna how great is this that I get to come back and have another look at this beautiful creation and to thank you for joining our challenge at CHNC EXTRA this month,
hugs
lorraine x

Patricia St Martin said...

Donna, Here I go again, right in the middle of making your comment last night our power went out something about a tree so we sat for 3 plus hours waiting for the power to go back on Just thought I would tell you. I finally got some time to leave some comments been so busy. Got Isaiah off to SD sure did not want to see him go but school starts soon and being a senior this year time will go fast for him but I do have to say it is nice to have time now for myself. I forget how much time kids take. Thank you for your nice comments. Sorry for being so late.
Your card is almost the same as mine. I love the blue so crisps and thanks for sharing how you created the V-Shape pockets very nice. The embossing with the white is a really nice touch. Hope your week end is nice.
Hugs, Pat♥

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful work with those dies, Donna, and nice way to stretch their uses! Love the borders you created! I've done that with scallops, but, oh my, the possibilities still awaiting! Fabulous pocket card with a darling image. We could use some of that rain. I told Rich it seems like it's not long before the forest fires all meet in the middle and burn everything up. Not good out west here.

Dorte said...

Love your pretty pocket card with the lovely dies....beautiful with blue and white together. Thanks for joining our 'Q for Quantum Leap ' challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge.
Dorte x

Karen said...

Donna, my precious friend, this is a wintry delight filled with the utmost beauty! The dies are gorgeous, but even more inspiring is always your use of them. :o) The interior is brilliant... it's the sweetest combination of whimsy and elegance. :o) I love every beautiful inch of your work, which is always the case! You are such an inspiration.

Also, thank you for your kind words regarding my friend. I appreciate it (and you) so much. I am returning to Blogger tonight, but am so overwhelming behind that I can only comment on one post from everyone... I really dislike doing this, but it's the only way I can get back on track during this tough patch. Thank you for being YOU.. always know how much you mean to me! Sending so many hugs your way tonight.

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

Carla's Cards said...

Sweet card, thanks for sharing at Artistic Inspirations!

Sue said...

Oh my, gorgeous! Love all the dies on the dark paper, they look wonderful. Your little image is darling. I love how you always share how you did a card.
Glad you are up to crafting a card. Take care

Hugs
Sue

Sue from Oregon said...

This is just pure loveliness Donna!

aussie aNNie said...

De in answer to your question I use Paint shop pro to merge my images...easy peazy...
 {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

Pia S said...

It's always nice to get inspiration for alternatives to ordinary folds of square and A2. And I absolutely love how decorative this is with the use of your fabulous dies, very much like the card in the post below too. Great job! Thanks for becoming my newest follower, I'm going to follow you too:)

CraftingMum said...

Lovely card thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations. Louise DT x

Patricia Chalas said...

This is adorable Donna!!!

Anonymous said...

I saw your entry on Artistic Inspirations and had to comment. This is so very pretty! I love the blue and white. The dies you used are gorgeous. It is so elegant. Beautiful!

Joan said...

Lovely card with great use of dies and I love that blue

Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas Challenge this month
Joan

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Love the border that you created using the snow frame. I just became a follower! Rebecca

Monica said...

Such a very pretty pendant like design. Loving the filigreed look.